It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:30 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: HAPPY ON SUBOXONE
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 4:00 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I'm having a terrible day today because I can't change people. But you know what? I have been givin my life back to be able to see what the problem is. I will never forget how much energy it took to get my pills, the lies, the humiliation. I used to have terrible days and I would make them worse. Or I would get in that fog-forgetting what I did or said an hour ago. Blaming everyone else for everything.
Suboxone has changed my life so much. I have Grandkids, Beautiful Grandkids that I get to spend time with now. I have a clear head. I am a responsible person. I 100% do not crave pills. What on earth more could I ask. I am grateful. And my night is going to be wonderfull!

Thank you for letting me be on this site. It helps so much to read all the different posts. Y'all (my Arkansas slang) are like me!

Post subject: waiting to start
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:19 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

I am not going to bore anyone with my past. Just take my word for it, I am, and always will be, addicted to opiates, and anything else that makes me feel good, that is bad for me. I first started using when I was 14. Now I am 51. I have a week clean, but am hanging on with white knuckles. I have been checking this Doc out for somewhile. I finally just called last Saturday, and was given an appointment to see him on Sept. 17th, as he is taking new patients. I thought,"That's great, now all I have to do is hang on until then." I wrote him an e-mail, because it made me feel good that I was making a choice to try something different, because I have been on this endless circle for almost 40 years! Never in a million did I expect the good doc to respond. Because of that, I am now seeing him this Wednesday. But, I am still scared. What do I know if he's legit? What if he's like all the other eggheads I have tried to talk to, who kept looking at their watches, and then signaling the end to our discussion, meanwhile faxing a script for valium and/or clonazepam and/or prozac to the local pharmacy? Who calls someone late at night when they are waaay out of town, to talk? I figure either this doc is a quack, or I am so full of mistrust of people in general, that I don't know what to think. Hell, I don't even know who I am anymore! I am looking forward to my first appointment with a sense of hope mixed with a lot of apprehension. Reading these posts helped a lot!