All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: HAPPY AND OPIOD FREE
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:54 am 
New Poster
New Poster

[font=Arial] [/font]
Hello everyone---
I am on my 3rd month of suboxone. I have felt so wonderful and am so happy with my choice to take suboxone. I finally am feeling like I have my life back. But I am anxious to talk with others on suboxone. I still have lots of questions and want to compare notes about experiences while taking suboxone. I hope to meet some new folks who can give me some good guidance--and maybe, I can help someone out too. So, hello everyone and best from---OKCclean.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:22 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

What was your Drug Of Choice that Suboxone has taken your cravings away from? Heroin or opiate pain medicines?

I've been on suboxone long-term, and use it 2x daily (8mg/2mg in the morning, and 8mg/2mg in the evening) @ 75 a month (or 2 1/2 per day). I started out at at 8mg/2mg 3x daily ..and have come down one third of that dose in the past year to the 16mg/day that i'm currently on. The extra builds up for me and I save those..but I might be able to answer any questions you have about a longer-term on using Suboxone if you want to ask questions about it.

My total time on Suboxone is nearing 4 years.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:16 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hello OKCclean and welcome to the forum. Congrats on taking control of your life and starting suboxone. I'm so happy to hear your treatment is going so well.

I've been on suboxone a little over 3 years myself after a few years of active addiction and I've been on this forum for about as long as well. Feel free to ask any questions you may have. Also feel free to PM me or any other moderator if you ever need to.

Again, welcome to the forum. Here's hoping you stick around!

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:32 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I just wanted to stop by and welcome you too. Like Hat said please contact us if you need anything. Congratulations on taking this huge step in the right direction!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:57 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hello OKCClean,

I've been on Suboxone for 14 days (tomorrow !!) and I also feel great !! It's amazing not to have this urge anymore to go and use. I think the best part is how well I'm sleeping (I think I've said this before) but after years and years of waking up every few hours, feeling like crap and popping a few pills just so I can get back to sleep, I am so glad I chose Suboxone !!!

I have my 2nd doctors appointment tomorrow.

Post subject: Welcome
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:56 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Welcome you have most certainly found a good forum to be a part of. I am on methadone but I choose this site for support. I love to hear the enthusiasm from the newcomer I hear/read it in your post. Rightly so, you should be excited and proud because you have made a wonderful choice and you will be rewarded. No more chasing the dopeman. No more waking up worrying and wondering if today is going to be that day you don't score or find what you need. No more looking over your shoulder or to see if anyone is looking or if the cops are gonna get you. Doing everything wrong from the minute your eyes open because all you can do is plot what when where how etc...drugs, drugs, drugs, drugs, drugs. No you might not be that bad but I only say YET. Because it’s only a matter of time and you will be that bad. SO BY CHOOSING SUBOXONE YOU HAVE STEERED YOURSELF AWAY FROM THAT PATH AND FOR THAT YOU CAN NOW BEGIN your day and end your day without any of the above. BE PROUD AND ENJOY THAT. ONCE AGAIN WELCOME

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:46 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

In response to FinallyaChance

After reading your response, I am even happier I made this change in my life ! You described my life perfectly !! Each day starting with worrying about scoring. My script didnt last long (I went from having my husband hold it, to me holding it) and when I ran out, it was a cycle of finding more. I had my regular people I'd call. It's funny you mention cops, where I am located, they really are cracking down on this type of illegal drug use (it's probably all over but I see a huge increase here ) and I swear I'd pull away from picking up from someone and the cops showed up , that's how close I was to actually getting caught doing that !! When I look back now, I'm only 2 weeks clean, I thank GOD I made the choice to go on Suboxone. I laughed when someone I use to buy from had the nerve to ask me if he could buy some of my Subs off me... hahhahaha...NO!!!!

God Bless and be well !!