It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:06 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:04 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

thank y'all so much for the comforting posts, they do help. I know she was a dog, but she was family and will be missed. I'm learning how to cope without the drugs and gotta admit, it's much tougher than I'd imagined, even on Suboxone. before, I'd just hide away and get high, ignoring everything and every one who needed me, now I'm dealing, and finding it to tough, tough, tough indeed! the kids are finally asleep, and they'll be ok. planning on saying a few words for Miss Daisy tomorrow after school, since it was too dark outside tonight. this mama is going to be strong for her babies, and more than that, just be here for them, really be here, not just physically present like I had been, but here... and best of all not high anymore! I've been following your thread reprieve each day, but regretfully haven't commented, for lack of anything wise or experiencedin that area, to say, but I thank your so much for your response to mine. thanks also rule! this place and my friends here are awesome support for me, during the ups and the downs, thanks for the understanding shoulders!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:29 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

She wasn't just a dog, she was family... And that's always tough. Tough no matter what. The fact that you are dealing with it and NOT getting high shows you're tougher.

You'll get through this, and you'll still have 4 beautiful kids to love and to love you.

Hope you get some rest, I am going to try and get some myself. I was up most of the night last night with RLS... Hoping that I won't be doing that again until taper time.

Again, much love to you... come to me when ever you want to talk...

John (Reprieve)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:16 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Good Morning Lizzie!

I hope today is a much better day for you. I know it will take some time, but I know how difficult it is. Just wanted you to know I was thinking about you and wishing you the very best. I'm pretty sure you already know this, but posting really does help. Don't be afraid to let your feelings out here anytime you feel the need. Your amongst friends that will never judge, only listen and support! Take care girl.

Karen xoxo

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:47 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Today, thankfully, does seem to be a little better, cravings wise, and emotionally too. still fighting this damn cold, but I'll be alright. the kids seemed to be just fine this morning too,I thought last night that I may have to keep my daughter home today, but she woke up happy and fine. kids really bounce back huh? it does help to post about things, you're right. thank y'all so much for all the replies and thoughts. it's so appreciated! :-)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:01 am 

In the best of situations pets are highly valued members of the family. I'm sorry that Daisy is gone and that your family has to go through grieving that loss, but I think that Daisy was a very lucky dog. :) She was obviously a well cared for and well loved pet!

You're right! It's so hard to start truly feeling the emotions that bombard us every day! I'm sure, however, that your kiddos are noticing and appreciating your authenticity. Imagine how it feels for them to know their mom can be counted on for emotional support! You have given them such a gift!

Keep up the good work, Lizzie, and don't be ashamed of grieving for your beloved pet.

:)
Amy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:35 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I'm thinking about you, Lizzie and hope your doing ok. Great post by Amy and I certainly agree with her comments. Your family is so lucky to have you at times like this. I'm positive you are appreciated as you remain strong for all of them. Take care doll and have a great day. :D

Karen xoxo

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:34 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

My eyes got a little bit teary reading all my replies! this is a wonderful place for support, and I realize how lucky I am to have found this forum and all of you who've been so sweet to me and checking on me. you've definitely helped me thru a rough Lil patch there, but I'm feeling and the kids also are doing much better. I made them all a copy of a picture of daisy enclosed in an envelope with a little note from mama telling them all how special they are, and how loved they are and that yes, Daisy will be missed, but it's important to remember that we still have each other. I made them a special dinner last night and dessert, and got big hugs from all of them. turned out to be a nice evening! :-)
my cold is slowly getting better, and spirits are lifting a bit too. thank you for all the kindness shown. it's meant so much!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:09 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

lizzieshug2013 wrote:
My eyes got a little bit teary reading all my replies! this is a wonderful place for support, and I realize how lucky I am to have found this forum and all of you who've been so sweet to me and checking on me. you've definitely helped me thru a rough Lil patch there, but I'm feeling and the kids also are doing much better. I made them all a copy of a picture of daisy enclosed in an envelope with a little note from mama telling them all how special they are, and how loved they are and that yes, Daisy will be missed, but it's important to remember that we still have each other. I made them a special dinner last night and dessert, and got big hugs from all of them. turned out to be a nice evening! :-)
my cold is slowly getting better, and spirits are lifting a bit too. thank you for all the kindness shown. it's meant so much!

You know, it's the small things like that, that you're children will remember for ever. Don't underestimate the small stuff! I think that little bit of effort that you took to show your kids some sympathy and compassion will go a long way with them. I think you are handling this great, especially for someone like you or I who have spent the better part of our lives trying to DULL our emotions. It can be hard when they all come rushing back in and we haven't learn the best of coping skills yet. I would say you are handling it perfectly!

I hope you have a wonderful day! I'll be talking with you soon I am sure :)

Much love,

John