Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Qhorse got her some Boom!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhJfdWxpI2Q

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:18 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

OMG....it would be so bad ass if that played on a constant loop while I walked down the street! 8) :lol:

Crap, as I was picturing how cool I would look I saw myself trip and fall over a crack in the sidewalk...damn, can't I even fantasize about being cool?????

Our Sponsors
 Post subject: Got Certified
PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:33 pm 

Hey qhorsegal,

I took the class last Wednesday and will turn in my paperwork today at the police station. In my state you have to qualify on either a semi-auto or revolver, or both, which I did. Nailed it with my 9mm but I also bought a new .38 that's made for CC and very light and small. Did okay with that but would have scored higher if I'd rented a standard .38 with a 6" barrel. Plus, it was the first time shooting that little rascal.

Like you, I don't think there will be any problem with the background check being on Suboxone. The wait time I was told could be over 120 days as the FBI is backed up with applications for CCW permits.

Okay, true story told to the class by a policeman. He pulled a woman over for speeding and she had her hands on the wheel and declared she has a firearm in the car just like state law demands. He asked where it was and she replied "there is my .45 in the glove box", "Is that all?" "no, I have my 9mm in the console, my .38 in my purse, and my .380 in the side panel". He asked "just what are you so afraid of maam?" She replied "Absolutely Nothing!"

Kind of liked that one. On another note to Romeo. The second part of the class was taught by a woman in her 60's. She gave me some great tips on marksmanship improvement. She also teaches a women's beginner shooting class.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:42 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Wow, just checked the Virginia state law on this, good thing I already have mine since I was recently in a rehab facility. Hope they don't come to take it away from me.

@tinydancer I think lol is way overused to things that aren't very funny but I actually did laugh out loud.

I remember being in treatment and they were asking if I had access to firearms, and when I was like "Yup, I have quite a few" they gave me a very worried look. And as much as I hate how conservative VA is, I am glad they are not too strict on gun laws. I believe it's people that need help that kill people, not guns.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:40 am 
New Poster
New Poster

I might be too late. Don't know, but I've been on Suboxone for 4 years. Within that time I got my CHL. I simply had my doctor fill out a form that said basically that I was of no risk to myself, or anyone else. Sent that in with all the other requsite forms, and got my license! Had to wait 4 months, but that was simply because of the backlog in applications. I live in Texas BTW.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:32 pm 

I'm still waiting on my permit. It was mailed mid June and they said 120 days too. In the meantime I'm reading the book I was given in class. Sure don't want a repeat of the Zimmerman episode.