It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:28 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:14 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Does anyone know of halfway houses that allow suboxone besides those in south Florida? North Florida ok, N.C. or Nashville area.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:54 pm 
I went to two diff halfway houses in SoFla and unfortunately I have NEVER heard of a halfway house that allows it.

They are all 12 Step nutjobs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:34 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

http://findtreatment.samhsa.gov/Treatme ... earch.jspx

The above link can help you find such I looked using my zip code and found two halfway houses that allow bupe in Asheville NC. It is SAMSHA treatment locator finder and it brings up all types of treatment facilities, bupe doctors, methadone clinics, halfway housing, inpatient and outpatient facilities etc...U can use it with zip codes, towns, states etc...I ventured to look for you because I know two people at my clinic that live in a halfway house one is on bupe the other is on methadone. Good Luck

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:19 am 
New Poster
New Poster

Hello Aceman and others,

This posting is so very late, but maybe it will helps others. I was told by our agencies board of directors to get the word out about our recovery home.

Asheville Recovery Group DOES accept clients on Suboxone, MMT and ORT as well as other medications. ARG is a clinically managed harm reduction recovery residence and we welcome any one seeking recovery. Have a look at the website it may help explain our service.

http://ashevillerecoverygroup.org/

828-423-0023

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:40 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Am on Suboxone and in a residential facility which I bet would not accept patients onj Suboxone. I think it is a violation given that most treatment programs use the 12 steps which is not research based treatment. I feel it is a violations of the American With Disabilities Act for treatment programs not to provide the whole gamiut of all available treatment. Including Suboxone, Naltrexon for Alcoholics, etc.
There is significantly a lot more research on Suboxone, Methadone and Naltrexone than on those 12 Steps they insist in providing.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:41 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

The direction that I would go it what Clinton did with the Homosexuals in the Arm Force. They probably will not ask you and you shouldn't tell them.
All those abstinence based locations not only have a high rate of relapse, but also may treat you with the confrontational style. Since when had making a person feel awful about him or herself led to positive change? I left one place because I told the owner I do not pay you money so that your staff will treatment disrespectfully and/or abrasively. We need to stop having to feel wrong about taking suboxone or methadone or naltrexon for alcoholics or opiates. This are medications approved by National Institute DA, and many other medical and health related professions. We deserve as much respect as everyone else.
Too bad we have to stay in the closet to avoid arguments or bad experiences.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:54 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

ARG wrote:
I was told by our agencies board of directors to get the word out about our recovery home.

Asheville Recovery Group DOES accept clients on Suboxone, MMT and ORT as well as other medications. ARG is a clinically managed harm reduction recovery residence and we welcome any one seeking recovery. Have a look at the website it may help explain our service.

http://ashevillerecoverygroup.org/

We need more organizations like your. I saw a few month ago a video from Washington or Oregon where they allow their residents to drink alcohol. They treat them in a harm reduction way and with respect and apparently they have not had any major problem. They probably have some very special staff that are well trained.

We need more like you guys.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 1:52 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

ARG in Ashville is a VERY SCREWED UP place!!!! I highly advise against it!! It's a money pit. They are structured about as much as a Faturnity house. It's ridiculous!!! If your trying to stay clean and sober, avoid it like the plaque!! If you like dysfunctional living, then it's for you. If you notice,"Maintenance and all Meds Accepted" is one of the very first things advertised! Believe me ! They're not the only place in Asheville that will accept us people on maintenance, even though they will tell you so!!!!??? also their slogan "Harm Reduction Program", Ha , What A Joke! :lol: !!! More like "Hazardous to your Recovery"! ENTER AT OWN RISK!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 1:10 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Hello Carlos, thank you for commenting on our type of agency work. We are unusual in what we do.

Commenting on Shamus's post... I'm not sure what to say here as the posting seems to be to generally something a competing business has done in the past years.

HAve a listen to this interview if you want to hear what we are about:
http://ashevillerecoverygroup.org/files ... 0-6-13.mp3

828-423-0023

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 10:27 am 
New Poster
New Poster

There are a number of reputable sober living homes & addiction recovery houses that allow Suboxone, however they are quite strict about its usage while living there. Here are just a few...

- http://soberooms.com
- http://epiphanysoberliving.com
- https://arizonaaddictioncenter.org
- http://gracebayresidence.com/

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:27 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

There is a spectrum of sober livings, some dont allow Suboxone at all, some do maintenance programs and some ( Like this one: https://stalworthrecovery.com ) allow Suboxone as long as a taper has been prescribed. It can be a prolonged taper as long as there is a plan to stop eventually.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:10 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

By all accounts I'd steer clear of the halfway / recovery house industry at least until it's a bit more transparent and regulated. A lot of cowboy operators, and a lot of operations run by ex-addicts with poor boundaries and dodgy behaviours.

It might sound unrelated, but research into housing of disadvantaged people (people with drug addictions, mental illnesses etc) has shown better outcomes when those people are spread throughout the wider community, among people who are relatively healthy, rather than concentrated and placed into pods of people who are similarly ill. It creates the ghettoisation you see in housing projects throughout the world today.

I believe the same lesson needs to be learned with these recovery house intense areas that are popping up. Helping each other to stay well is a nice sentiment, but it only works if those who manage the houses have really solid boundaries of their own. And let's face it - ex-addicts are not well known for having solid boundaries.

In my city, a charitable Godfather of recovery, AA guru and ex-convict with 25+ years clean was just jailed for 9 years for raping numerous women he gave shelter to in his houses numerous houses in the northern suburbs. He was so respected in AA that everyone in the rooms is eerily silent about his disgrace. Some people still swear he's a saint.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:12 pm 

Oh wow Teejay! So the guys ploy all along was to prey on these women? That's awful.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:10 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I don't think he was purely in it to be a predator. He did offer housing for men as well, though he apparently only showed interest in helping the female residents.

This was a few years ago now, but he couldn't give a stuff about what the men got up to. Some of them converted his halfway houses into crop-houses and sold drugs from them.

Was a couple of years ago now.