since 2/8 to 2/14 i took a total of 5 - 8mg startiing at:

half on 2/8
half on 2/9
half and a qtr on 2/10
whole on 2/11
whole on 2/12
half and a qtr at night 2/13
half on 2/14

i know the half-life is 37 hours. i was wondering the math or about how many days it would be until it is out of my system? i just applied for a job and i don't want to show up dirty bc i know now on 12 panel tests they test for BUP. i do not yet have a prescription from my psychiatrist yet since he wanted me to go to a chiropractor to see if i need pain management and i cannot get into there for 2 weeks and then have to see my psychiatrist. so i dont want to get a phone call while i waiting for a prescription. my brother uses it for pain management and it was helping. and so does one of my friends. is it usually used for pain management?

So basically i know if i took and 8mg today in 37 hours it would be down to 4. Then i heard if i took 8mg five days ago and 2 mg today that 8mg would basically be out of my system but another 2mg would be added into my system.

So what is the math and about how many days will it take to get it out of my system i am thinking about 9-14 days??
Any good advice for me?

Thanks for the advice in advance.

Post subject: any help
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:29 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

any help with this?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:09 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey Gary,

When I quit Suboxone, I had some test strips (for Buprenorphine....aka, Suboxone) and I started testing my urine and I was getting weak negative results for Bupe on day 3 and by day 4, the negative was immediate and clear.

The test strips I used were 20ng/ml, I think?? They weren't expensive at all, a few dollars each.

It's my understanding that opiates are a water soluble drug, as opposed to a fat soluble drug like marijuana. Because opiates are water soluble, they're out of your system in 3 days or so. Fat soluble drugs hang around a LOT longer.

Hope this helps.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:39 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Your topic made me wonder what we'd all call our memoirs - "Story of my Half-Life" :lol:

Now that's outta my system.

By my memory 2-3 days was when my withdrawal went from barely there to feeling it. It can be hard to predict these things because it depends a lot on each individual as well. I've been known to have a faster metabolism of bupe than some others.

For the most part, opioids are low-lipid soluble, with the exceptions of methadone and to a lesser extent, buprenorphine. The fact they're higher lipid soluble allows for their long half lives, which makes them the handy ORT drugs they are. But the flip side, unfortunately, is a longer withdrawal process.

Post subject: dosage
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:15 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thank you for the replies!

I haven't been taking Buprenorphine or suboxone for long. only from the dates i stated in my first post. Ive only started late last week for pain management then i was told on Monday in a week i should have a job interview. so every 37 hours half of what i took is out of my system.

I read on other sites its a mathematical thing with the half-life/metabolism thing so, since i started dropping the dosage on 2/10 i was going to take a qtr on 2/15 but then again i wasn't going to take anything. so if i stop taking it today which is 12/15 And lets say i drink Zero water, cranberry juice every day and my metabolism is SLOW (since i believe i am kinda big for my size. i am 5'6 200lbs.) what estimated day/date would Buprenorphine be out of my system?

I called the suboxone hotline and they said it could be between 11-17 days before it is out of my system. since the half-life is 37hours and it depends on the individual and their metabolism like tearj3rker said.

1. What estimated day/date would Buprenorphine be out of my system? (estimated guess)
2. Romeo where would i find the Buprenorphine test strips? and how much are they?
3. I was told they do not show up as opiates on drug tests. just BUP which is Buprenorphine. is this true?

Again thank you for your replies and advice.

- Gary

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:34 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I just wanna say that I'm nowhere near certain about this.

But if I was in your situation, I'd give myself a week. I know that I could pass a heroin drug test after 48->72 hours. That being said, my metabolism of drugs is definitely on the fast side.

It also depends on how sensitive the test is, and what sort of test it is. Yeah romeo's right about bupe / Suboxone being a different test.

Last edited by tearj3rker on Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:38 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

tearj3rker wrote:

But if I was in your situation, I'd give myself a week. I know that I could pass a heroin drug test after 48->72 hours. That being said, my metabolism of drugs is definitely on the fast side.

It also depends on how sensitive the test is, and what sort of test it is. There's even a huge chance it won't test for buprenorphine. BUP is buprenorphine, which is basically Suboxone.

yes i know a few people at the job and they said its a 12 panel drug test cup with BUP on it. and my brother is on probation and they test for BUP as well. so i know it is cheap to test for now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:41 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

so drink water, cranberry juice and hope for the best? like i said i called the suboxone hotline and they said it could take up to 17 days.

any other advice to speed it up??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:57 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

tearj3rker wrote:

It also depends on how sensitive the test is, and what sort of test it is. Yeah romeo's right about bupe / Suboxone being a different test.

i agree. im thinking it will be about 7-10days

thanks for your help tearj3rker

also one more thing. is the strip form stronger than the pill form?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:07 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

The strip doesn't contain any more buprenorphine than the pills.

BUT you could say it is stronger because we absorb significantly more of the bupe when it's in strip form. Something like 20-25% more absorbtion? So if you're taking an 8mg film would be roughly 10mg of the tablets taking that into consideration.

I'm sure you could google heaps about it. When I had to scrape through urine tests ages ago, they were laboratory ones. I'd be smashing down water as much as I could, and exerting myself as much as possible. Then come morning of test day, I'd have a small nibble of a vitamin B pill to color the wee and some creatine so the test couldn't detect my flushing. BUT you will be doing a dipstick / jar test no? So you won't need to bother with creatine.

Good luck with the drug test. It's a bummer these employers aren't willing to help people who are trying to fix themselves.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:10 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

When you call the hotline and ask them how long until Suboxone is out of your system, they're giving you an answer of how ling it will be before every last smidgen of Suboxone will be out of your system.

The urine test strips only test down to 10ng/ml, that's the most sensitive one I found.

So, you're kind of getting 2 different answers here. #1---you're being given an answer on how long it will take to pass a drug test by Tear and I, but #2---you're being given an answer of how long before ALL Bupe is out of your system by the hotline. Make sense??

American Screening Corp. $1.75 each. They test down to 10ng/ml. Check out the chart too. I bolded Bupe. It clearly shows that Bupe is only detectable in urine for 2 to 3 days.....that was my experience exactly.

Drug Name Abbreviation Cutoff Miminum Maximum
Amphetamine AMP 300ng/ml 2-7 hours 2-4 days
Amphetamine AMP 1000ng/ml 2-7 hours 2-4 days
Barbiturates BAR 300ng/ml 2-4 hours 1-3 weeks
Benzodiazepines BZO 300ng/ml 2-7 hours 1-4 days
*Buprenorphine BUP 10ng/ml 2-7 hours 2-3 days
Cocaine COC 150ng/ml 1-4 hours 2-4 days
Cocaine COC 300ng/ml 1-4 hours 2-4 days
Ecstasy MDMA 500ng/ml 2-7 hours 2-4 days
Marijuana THC 20ng/ml 2 hours up to 40 days
Marijuana THC 50ng/ml 2 hours up to 40 days
Methadone MTD 300ng/ml 3-8 hours 1-3 days
Methamphetamine mAMP 500ng/ml 2-7 hours 2-4 days
Methamphetamine mAMP 1000ng/ml 2-7 hours 2-4 days
Morphine MOP 300ng/ml 2 hours 2-3 days
Opiates OPI 2000ng/ml 2 hours 2-3 days
Oxycodone OXY 100ng/ml 1-3 hours 1-2 days
Phencyclidine PCP 25ng/ml 4-6 hours 7-14 days
Tricyclic Antidepressants TCA 1000ng/ml 8-12 hours 2-7 days
Propoxyphene PPX 300ng/ml 2-7 hours 2-3 days

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:38 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

tearj3rker wrote:
The strip doesn't contain any more buprenorphine than the pills.

BUT you could say it is stronger because we absorb significantly more of the bupe when it's in strip form. Something like 20-25% more absorbtion? So if you're taking an 8mg film would be roughly 10mg of the tablets taking that into consideration.

I'm sure you could google heaps about it. When I had to scrape through urine tests ages ago, they were laboratory ones. I'd be smashing down water as much as I could, and exerting myself as much as possible. Then come morning of test day, I'd have a small nibble of a vitamin B pill to color the wee and some creatine so the test couldn't detect my flushing. BUT you will be doing a dipstick / jar test no? So you won't need to bother with creatine.

Good luck with the drug test. It's a bummer these employers aren't willing to help people who are trying to fix themselves.

from what i was told it is a cup you urine in and it has a panel on the cup itself. and after 30sec or so it shows up the results. and it shows lines if your positive or not. it sounded like the one my brother described that they use at our local probation office which also tests for BUP. you have to fill it up to a certain line and from there they pull a sticker off and after 30sec or so it shows the results of all 12 drugs that is on the panel that is attached to the cup. - Make sense??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:10 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Romeo wrote:
When you call the hotline and ask them how long until Suboxone is out of your system, they're giving you an answer of how ling it will be before every last smidgen of Suboxone will be out of your system.

The urine test strips only test down to 10ng/ml, that's the most sensitive one I found.

So, you're kind of getting 2 different answers here. #1---you're being given an answer on how long it will take to pass a drug test by Tear and I, but #2---you're being given an answer of how long before ALL Bupe is out of your system by the hotline. Make sense??

That's a link to the test strips. $1.75 each. They test down to 10ng/ml. Check out the chart too. I bolded Bupe. It clearly shows that Bupe is only detectable in urine for 2 to 3 days.....that was my experience exactly.

Drug Name Abbreviation Cutoff Miminum Maximum
Amphetamine AMP 300ng/ml 2-7 hours 2-4 days
Amphetamine AMP 1000ng/ml 2-7 hours 2-4 days
Barbiturates BAR 300ng/ml 2-4 hours 1-3 weeks
Benzodiazepines BZO 300ng/ml 2-7 hours 1-4 days
*Buprenorphine BUP 10ng/ml 2-7 hours 2-3 days
Cocaine COC 150ng/ml 1-4 hours 2-4 days
Cocaine COC 300ng/ml 1-4 hours 2-4 days
Ecstasy MDMA 500ng/ml 2-7 hours 2-4 days
Marijuana THC 20ng/ml 2 hours up to 40 days
Marijuana THC 50ng/ml 2 hours up to 40 days
Methadone MTD 300ng/ml 3-8 hours 1-3 days
Methamphetamine mAMP 500ng/ml 2-7 hours 2-4 days
Methamphetamine mAMP 1000ng/ml 2-7 hours 2-4 days
Morphine MOP 300ng/ml 2 hours 2-3 days
Opiates OPI 2000ng/ml 2 hours 2-3 days
Oxycodone OXY 100ng/ml 1-3 hours 1-2 days
Phencyclidine PCP 25ng/ml 4-6 hours 7-14 days
Tricyclic Antidepressants TCA 1000ng/ml 8-12 hours 2-7 days
Propoxyphene PPX 300ng/ml 2-7 hours 2-3 days

Thanks i got some of those tests, thanks. and after i see the back doc i have to see my psychiatrist. what do you guys think? does suboxone help with pain management? because my family has abuse in it and i am prescribed benzos (klonopin) with my psych. and if i need pain management i dont think my psychiatrist will prescribe me oxycodone, roxicets. percocets because i told him about my brother being on heroin and Oxycontin/Perks years ago. i hope he is better now because he is back in rehab from a probation violation...

The suboxone was helping me with my pain management this past week. has it been being used for pain management? what are your guys opinions?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:17 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Buprenorphine, the active ingredient in Suboxone, has been used for pain relief for years in Europe. Recently, the U.S. has approved a Buprenorphine patch. So, yes, Suboxone can be used for pain management. In fact, there are many members of this forum who use it for pain and to treat their addiction.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:39 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

ok thank you very much for your reply and information

Post subject: drug test 2 to 3 dayi
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:07 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hello again all,

I didn't get the interview from that company but I am in therapy now and they test for bupe too since its a treatment center. I've been prescribed the the strips for pain in my lower back (my lower disc is grinder away) and the therapist told me subs are not used for pain management. It even says it on the perscription slip.

I have been using subs for about 3-4 weeks now. And I am going to test my urine with the bupe tests I bought off of the link above. I bought about six of them. Now it says the max is 2 - 3 days.

I have to take a test for my threapist next Tuesday a week from today at this time 7pm.

Do you recommend me to ween down until this thurs and stop totally and try a test I bought on Sunday? And if I dont pass try another one Monday night? I have the 10ng/ml .. I am in therapy because of marijuana use (which I don't think makes sense but it was court ordered). And she knows I am on benzos but not on subs.

Any feedback from this post? It would be very helpful. Does it make sense to do what I said?

Thanks again for all of your help!