It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:11 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: half life
PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:12 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I have recently went down from 16mg per day to 14 and now I am suppose to go down to 12. The problem I am having is that everry time I go down It seems like the half life of the medication gets shorter. I have been having really bad cravings. I am tired all day, and cant sleep at night. At one point I was down to 8mg and now I feel like a failure that I am back up to 14. Does? Anyone else think the medication doesnt seem tt last as long when you drop the dose?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:21 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Mike,

I'm about to jump on a plane so I have to run but how many times are you dosing a day? You can PM me if you want...i have some theories on what you're feeling.

Doug

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:55 am 
Dr J had something in his blog not too long ago about the half life of Sub being much shorter at low doses. However, he was talking about doses below 2mg/day I believe. But even at higher doses you may have to take it really slowly to give yourself time to adjust. Please don't feel like a failure. This isn't a contest. It's about us saving our lives. If you're having cravings and other issues maybe now isn't the time to reduce. Take it slow and give yourself a break. Keep us posted.
Lilly

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:17 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Something very similar happened to me. I tapered all the way down to 1mg daily and then came very close to relapsing so I increased my dose back up to 4mg, and even at that level I was still having some pretty strong cravings. I've been an addict for over 30 years and I'm very sick with HepC so this is a life/death struggle for me....my doctor and I made the decision to increase my dose back up to 8mg and I am now very stable at that dose.

Hope this helps