It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:00 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:16 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hair loss & lack of regular periods are more likely due to vitamin deficiency. Prenatal vitamins can help with the hair loss.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:25 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Actually, I think it also has something to do with the pill I was on. I was taking it continuously & only getting 3-4 periods a year until this past year where the last 2 times tapered off and this past time nothing at all & I just haven't taken it since b/c I wanted to wait for my period to come & it still hasn't. I've read a lot about all this these past few weeks & you're right about the vitamin deficiency, too. I may be somewhat Zinc deficient, which is kind of obscure in the vitamin world, but I've been low on Zinc in the past & it caused some hair loss then, too. So this is also for others who may be losing hair -- make sure you are taking enough Zinc, B-vitamins (including Biotin!), and NOT too much vitamin A. All these things can trigger hair loss. But I read that stopping my pill may have done this as well. I just find it odd, though, that Suboxone seemed to have caused an immediate change in the texture of my hair, ever since I started taking it. Anyway. Thanks to whoever is listening (reading). Just writing this is kind of therapeutic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:58 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I wanna first start by saying I HATE SUBOXONE!!! ive been on 20 mg since december after going through a speedy methadone detox from 95mg to 25mg in a month... when everything started going south... for sure methadone was crap, i mean there's a reason why i quit heroin... it was not to be high anymore and on methadone i felt high all the time, i had no concentration and memory. but nothing prepared me for what came after being on subs... I can't sleep anymore... i order to fall asleep i need to take 10 mg flexeril (muscle relaxant), 50 mg seroquel, 50 mg lyrica and 35 mg elavil basically i need to knock myself out.... trust me i tried to be patient and i waited to see if my sleep patterns would get better naturally but naaaaahh its just not happening. On top of that, i feel anxious but worst i feel depressed... when i originally first detoxed i felt it creeping in... and i thought bah maybe its normal im going through major changes but ever since ive been on suboxone its just there.... like a shadow following me around. I dont feel like getting up in the morning, ive lost the majority of my clients, i have no energy and motivation to go work. Also, PAIN!!! everywhere... but mostly my lower back its killing me, it wakes me up at night.... sometimes i get pain in my legs like someone pulling at my nerves... headaches... and lets not forget HAIR LOSS ... but i have to say it has been thinning ever since ive been taking opiates... because everytime ive been off them i would see my hair getting fuller again... but i have to specify that it seems to be getting worst ever since ive been on suboxone... Also girls... i've been reading online that perhaps if you are on depo provera a birth control medication thats one of the side afftects... ive been on it for a year and i will stop taking them because of that.... so yeah i needed to vent... thx

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:14 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Question to those losing hair..

I actually did lose hair in the beginning, I remember that now that I think about it but I didn't assume it was the suboxone. When I was on methadone for the first two years, I blew up and gained a lot of weight. I had that bloated look and was carrying a lot more weight than I was sued to carrying. When I switched to suboxone, I lost all the methadone weight pretty quickly, like in 2 months. That is when my hair started thinning considerably. I just figured it was from losing weight rapidly, lack of vitamins and/ or stress from a new job.

Is anyone else losing weight as well? I may have missed this somewhere...