It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:58 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:53 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Slowly coming off of 8mg a day....down to 3mg a day now....I have a few job options coming up making a lot more
Money.....I'm hearing that it will be a hair test....most hair test I've researched online test for thc, coc, meth,opi, & benozos (5panel)......has anyone heard of or taken a hair test for bup.( Suboxone)?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 11:47 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Anyone CAN test for it, but I haven't had any of my patients ask me for a note to explain a positive result, so my impression is that it isn't usually tested for. It requires a specific test; it does not show up in a general opioid test (which detects morphine, codeine, heroin, and oxycodone-related substances).

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:07 am 
New Poster
New Poster

Thanks for reply, I'm guessing your talking about the urine test.....I live in the south ,tx,la,ms....oilfield work, their all testing for it....failed 2 urine test in last 2 wks for new jobs making more money, I'm disgusted and done with it, been on 6mg-8mg day for couple yrs now.....down to 1.5-2mg a day now....all companies are now doing urine and hair....this is why I was asking about bup. Hair follicle testing because I looked at about 5-6 major testing labs online and all just show 5- coc,thc,opi,benzo,amp?????

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 6:38 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

If you have a prescription for buprenorphine I don't think they can exclude you as a candidate based on testing positive for it. Maybe your doctor could give you a letter stating that he is treating you with this medication?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 1:32 pm 

I was a nanny for the baby of an HR rep of an oil and gas company. She worked from home and I listened to many of her work related phone calls. It was my impression that because driving was so often part of the job, the workers were not allowed to be on any opiate medications unless they were on medical leave. I am not 100% sure. That was just my impression.

Good luck with your job hunt! I hope they don't include buprenorphine on the hair test!

Amy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:53 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

I doesn't matter if you have a prescription....the work is around high pressure gas thousands of pounds with 1 slip
Up could slice you in half ,very dangerous.....suboxone has been under the radar for yrs till now......and every company has there right in company policy to not allow you to do a drug while working for them.....some are even not allowing cigarette smokers and testing for nicotine......these jobs pay $28-$32 an hr and a $5000-$10,000 bonus a year....there all testing for it so I'm done ....this is the work I've always done for 18yrs, have no other choice