It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:23 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 9:30 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I was on Facebook and a post came up about Carrie Fisher's passing.

Some wise guy said "Maybe her misuse of drugs led to her heart attack" O.K. that's fair but then he said "Taking drugs is not an addiction or disease, it's a decision. You should know you decided to use" Well, that pissed me off because I had 9 surgeries in one year and that really led to my addiction. I was given every narcotic on earth and sent home with lots of it, especially when I had my amputations. Yes, I became addicted but I am proud of the fact that I did something about it and my doctor put me on Suboxone. I went right ahead and posted a comment informing this fool that I did not choose to become addicted and that I was on Suboxone. So there!!! I got so many compliments and it felt damned good.

So, my grandchildren, never be ashamed of your addiction. You did not decide to bring this problem to your life. It happened and you are fighting back. I am proud of each and everyone of you and anyone who tries to make you feel bad about our problem, tell them to come and tell this 74, double amputee, kick ass grandma. I'll straighten thier ass out real quick.

Happy New Year. I love you all

Queenie

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 11:15 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Hi Queenie! Thank you! When you responded, you spoke for many of us, so I would like to say thank you. Thank you for your words as well, I needed to hear them.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 1:44 am 

Good for you, Queenie!

Amy

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 9:28 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

You are kick ass, Queenie! Good for you. Glad to see you posting and doing well. Love you!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 9:41 am 

Thank you Queenie ♡

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 10:13 am 

You go girl! Shame on him for not understanding the disease of addiction! We all have at least one person in our life that just does not get it! So happy to hear you took the time to educate him! Keep fighting the good fight Queenie! Have a wonderful day!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:38 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

You know, if you tell someone they are ignorant, instantly it's taken as offensive. But clearly, some people in this world are pure IGNORANT about addiction and it's grasp. People don't understand when they don't fit the same mold as someone else. They think of you as an odd-man-out. You aren't equal..you're lesser a person because you "chose" this path.
I didn't choose this path, the path chose me. I'm dealing with the potholes and ruts that have been in my way, and glad I've managed to traverse this path into being clean.

I see SO much confusion in the subject... People who never had to wake up worrying about the sickness taking hold of them, and never had to worry about just getting by for the next 3-4 hours..and living that way for a few years..
Thinking back on my addiction..I lived about 4-5 years in 3-4 hour increments of being "OK". Did I ever have enough? No...not really. I never was comfortable. I never could relax and just be complacent. ALWAYS had to be looking ahead to where the next few milligrams of opiates would come from. Would I get arrested and have to DT in a jail cell? Would I take too much Oxy this time around while going into another binge for 3-4 days and not wake up? How is this ever going to stop?
Those are questions that some people don't understand because they never face that..
And that's the ignorance that kills so many who could otherwise get help and clean themselves up, and wind up being great, productive members of society.

I didn't choose addiction, addiction chose me. But I dealt with it wholeheartedly...and 8 years later I'm proud that I did.

RIP little brother. Gone, but not forgotten.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:08 pm 

And Queenie,

This is why you are the Grandmother of this forum! You take no prisoners and tell it like it is.

Thanks for sticking up for us.

rule

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 7:36 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

You're all welcome. You can bet I'm the mother bear that fights for her cubs.

I remember the many times I had to go to the emergency room with severe leg pains and telling the doctor that I'm on Suboxone. Sometimes I had to hear, "What is that?" or "I think I heard of it" and they would still make me feel like I was "drug seeking". Believe me, even in pain, I would give them a piece of my mind.

Anyway, you all have a great New Yerar and all the best to you for 2017. Keep fighting.

I love you all

Queenie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 2:43 am 

Happy New Year to you too, Queenie! We love you!

Amy