It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:28 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 7:17 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I noticed around month 4 of being on the strips bumps and rawness under my tongue. I had been using Supersmile whiting toothpaste and decided to go to a basic tooth paste to see if I could get any relief. Well my tongue, underneath kept getting worse. I was trying different places in my mouth to let the strip dissolve because I read many different places to try but the soreness just got worse and worse. Now keep in mind take Suboxone 3 or sometimes 4 times a day due to pain from a bad car accident. The burning would get really bad right after I put the strip under my tongue and burn like crazy till it was gone. I was very upset bc the strips had been working so well and I didn't want to change to the pills. I asked my pharmacist about this problem and he advised me that the lauryl sulfate, an ingredient in toothpaste that aids in the foaming action, was to blame. Rembrant makes a toothpaste that does not contain lauryl sulfate the pharmacist informed but I couldn't find that certain type. I went to CVS, sat down in the isle and read the back of tooth paste boxes till I found Sensodyne pronamel daily protection. It has been a god sent. The rawness went away and I have not had any problems since. I thought I'd post this because when I was going through all this, I never found any advice that cleared this problem up and I was very distressed because I had been 4 months clean at the time and was thinking there was no way I could keep taking the strips. Give the toothpaste a switch if you are having this problem and are on the strips and do not want to change. Worked great for me. Good luck everybody :D .

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:31 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Well I'll be. There have been studies done linking LS to ulcers in the mouth. I learn something new almost every time I come here.
thanks BAMA, hope you are out of Matthew's path...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 4:12 pm 

Hi, here is my experience, if I put the strip in with the writing side down, I have no problem. Writing side up, I do get a slight burning for about 45 seconds and then I am fine. I wake up at 5:30 to take my suboxone and go back to bed for an hour. Usually, at 6:30, I can pop up and am ready to start the day! Others have complained about 1, feeling stiff and achy in the morning and 2, feeling blah before their first dose of suboxone in the morning. This avoids all that! Good luck!

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 5:38 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Yes Dr., there was a HUGE improvement in my mouth after changing to a toothpaste that is clear of lauryl sulfate. Rembrant for ulcers and mouth sores, is the one that was recommended but I was unable to find. But like I said, the Sensodyne brand of Pronamel Daily Protection has zero Lauryl Sulfate, and I am so glad I found it bc I didn't want to come off the strips. I have a bad habit of placing the strips under my tongue on the left side only, maby bc I'm left handed, anyway, it tends to get tender after a while and I have to change up sides, but no more sores. Michelle F.!!! Your the one I got the idea from to put the strip under my tongue first thing in the morning, which I usually do around 5am, no later than 5:30. Yes, and leave there until it's gone an hour later. I feel like I get the best dosage that way and my mouth doesn't water near as bad that way. Thanks yall for commenting back so quickly. Wow, didn't think I'd get the attention of the Dr. so soon :D :D :D