It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:28 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: I had a miscarriage :(
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:30 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I'm 22 and sadly, i suffered a miscarriage at 10 weeks 5 days, 2 days ago. I'm on both effexor (75mg) and suboxone (6mg). I just want to know if any of you had a miscarriage while on these drugs? I google effexor and miscarriage and effexor doubles the risk of miscarriage! up to 68%.... why wasnt i informed about this drug before i started taking it!

Post subject: Terrible News
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:18 pm 

I am so sorry for your loss Love. It must be very hard to deal with and I hope you have some good friends and family to support you through this awful time.

Whether or not the Effexor had anything to do with it you may never know. Unless you read some concrete medical article I would guess that it may have just been nature doing what it does and unfortunately it picked you to dump on. If it is the Effexor then I guess you have a lawsuit heading your way if you are up to it.

You have every right to be angry. The loss is something I will never comprehend being a man. I wish you the very best in your recovery.

On a side note: Welcome back to our forum. Sorry you came here under such terrible circumstances.

Rule

Last edited by rule62 on Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:47 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi LOVE.

Im sorry your going thru this. Ive had two miscariages, in my lifetime, the first one I was the same age as you.
I was not on suboxone, but I was on oxycodone.
The second was about three years later, and I dont remember exactly what I was on, but some kind of opiate, for sure.

Just to let you know, I did get pregnant again, and have a healthy baby boy. (at 28) So, just cuz this happens, it doesnt mean you can have a perfectly healthy baby. I was on methadone when I got pregnant, but tapered off/switched to percocets (tens) becuase thats what the doctor wanted to do.

I truely feel for you. I was told at about 21 that it would be really hard for me to get pregnant at all, let alone have a baby. so I was pretty devastated when I went thru both miscarraiges.

Try to keep your head up.
A doctor told me, that only 35% of fetilzed eggs, make it to a full term baby. pretty crazy huh???
so when it happens, its meant to be I guess.

Good Luck in whatever you decide.
We are all here for you :wink: :wink: :wink:

That's TRUE STRENGTH
http://almostoneyearclean.blogspot.com/

Our Sponsors
 Post subject: =(
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:20 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

i'm so so sorry for your loss. i have never been through something like this but my heart and prayers go out to you. I think you need to take some time to grieve and i would have a very long talk with your doctor and educate yourself on if the medication had something to do with it? Or maybe you were lacking something did you get your labs done? i just found out that my body doesnt metabolize folic acid and i was so mad my obgyn didnt tell me sooner because he had that report in his folder but just forgot!! oh it makes me so mad if this was the cause thats so bad a doctor should know what theyre doing in pregnant women if your going to prescribe a medication! but who knows i would ask for more blood work and try to find out if possible what caused this=( and when your ready try again. i am so sorry your going through this. it will happen again for you. i would also add maybe getting some other doctors opinions as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:32 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thanks everyone for your kind words!! It truly means alot. I just wish i knew what i was getting into by taking effexor. Effexor has horrible withdrawls and apparently, a high miscarrige rate. I think effexor is the culprit, but there isnt anyway of knowing for sure. The pregnancy was unplanned but me and my boyfreind of 5 years were excited when we found out :(. I just want to warn anybody who takes effexor while pregnant or planning to get pregnant. Suboxone has been a lifesaver to me. Ive been sober for a year and gotten my life together. This is just another bump in the road. THANKS AGAIN EVERYBODY!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:52 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

im so sorry for ur loss :( i agree with what everyone is saying, i guess there is always a risk when it comes to medications, and really you may never know what was the exact reason for this happening, although i do believe that a dr shouldve atleast filled you in on the pros and cons of both medications, since they are catergory c meds... i do kinda think it may have been more attributed to the effexor also... my dr had given me wellbutrin to take to quit smoking, and luckily i quit smoking on my own in my 7th month with out the wellbutrin he said it would be safe and i was past any birth defects it could cause or miscarrage, but he still did inform me the risk which i really think ur dr shouldve done for you :( i am so sorry this happened to you, i truly cant imagine what youre going through, i hope you are healing and doing okay, as i know time can never really heal a wound like this, if u ever need to talk feel free to pm me. <3 congrats on your 1 year! thats awesome!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:48 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Love~ I am so sorry for your loss. I am on Suboxone only and I as well miscarried this Friday passed. I wish someone would have took the time to educate you on the Effexor especially since you are in your child bearing years...I know you cannot be certain why it happened or if the effexor had anything to do with it but i know how it feels to wonder...it sucks. Best wishes to you in the future and good luck with your program.