It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:03 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:43 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Long story short ive been on suboxone for a year... relapsed on tuesday and im just now quitting, only 3 days in but im done. tuesday i took 2 10mg hydros by mouth and snorted 2 more 3 hours later... didnt feel anything... just my luck. so in the last 3 days including today ive had about 15 hydros i think. And yes, yesterday and today i was high. I feel i go into withdrawal pretty much after the high wears off. but this could be in my head. im scared to death of going into withdrawal... its too much for me.

My question is and im sure its been asked thousands of times but how long do i need to wait before i start my suboxone??? is there a set number of hours???

I relapsed because of depression, anxiety, stress and the holidays which i cant stand. and because i watned to get high when it comes down to it.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:51 pm 

It's good you owned up to your mistake. To answer your question, my advice comes from my own experience. Had surgery and switched back and forth a few times.

All I did was take my Hydrocodone at night, then took my regular dose of Suboxone the next day around noon. You shouldn't feel any withdrawals in that short period of time. And don't be so scared of the w/d's. It is only like having a mild case of the flu. Nothing to fear at all. But in your defense, we all think like that. It may be the addict part of the brain not wanting to be without it. Just a guess.

You'll be fine once you're back on the Suboxone. This time, consider some therapy or other program of recovery to get to the bottom of why you feel you must change your brain waves. But of course, mankind has been seeking that all through time.

rule

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 9:06 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

rule62 wrote:
It's good you owned up to your mistake. To answer your question, my advice comes from my own experience. Had surgery and switched back and forth a few times.

All I did was take my Hydrocodone at night, then took my regular dose of Suboxone the next day around noon. You shouldn't feel any withdrawals in that short period of time. And don't be so scared of the w/d's. It is only like having a mild case of the flu. Nothing to fear at all. But in your defense, we all think like that. It may be the addict part of the brain not wanting to be without it. Just a guess.

You'll be fine once you're back on the Suboxone. This time, consider some therapy or other program of recovery to get to the bottom of why you feel you must change your brain waves. But of course, mankind has been seeking that all through time.

rule

Thanks for the input. I learned a lot from this... my tolerance is too high to take them and i wasted alot of money. i think some of my relapse had to do with not going to my smart meetings... hadnt been in a month. the thing for me was i never had an induction with suboxone... cold turkey then went on it a few weeks later in a rehab program. withdrawal for me is a horrible sensory overload... like a bad alcohol hangover, maybe thats why i never became a drunk lol. i can handle the physical part its just the mental part that gets to me. Thanks again.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:52 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

update: 15 hours in, starting to feel mild withdrawal. watery eyes, frequent trips to the bathroom.
Going to try and hold off until tomorrow afternoon.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 1:56 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Sorry to hear about your relapse. If you can learn anything from it, it wasn't in vein. You should be fine to take suboxone whenever. It wasn't long enough for the suboxone to fully leave your receptors and the hydro isn't that strong. Good luck! Let us know how it goes.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:24 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Well due to circumstances being out of my control i was not able to take my suboxone yesterday. I was away from home doing family stuff. As i'm typing this now, i have it under my tongue. I'm very thankful for clonidine, Had some in my house but never took it because i didn't understand it when it was prescribed. Thanks for your support. The withdrawal symptoms were bad between the 24-36 hour phase but I was able to stand it.