It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:21 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Hi guys
PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:08 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

[font=Comic Sans MS] [/font]
Hi guys, this is my first time on a suboxone fourm and I have been reading posts for hours today and it's nice to know there are other people that have been there and done that. My name is Christina and I am 32 years old. My husband and I have been battling addiction to pain meds for 7-9 years now. (vicodin,perc's,norco,loritabs, ect, ect.. We had both tried on numerous occasions to quit cold turkey with little sucess and then we both started methadone maintience. We stayed on methadone for a total of a year, the first 6 months at a high dose and then started tapering down for the next 6 months until we no longer needed it. We had a year of sobriety and then we both relapsed, this is when our addiction was at it's worst . Fentnyol patches and oxy's and any other opiod pain meds we could get our hands on had totally taken over. I had always considered myself a functional addict because I felt like I didn't fit the ideal "addict" description that I had in my head. Our kids were on honor roll, we didn't inject or snort, our house was nice and clean we still had family dinners every night and did the same thing most families do. But this relapse was different, we had built up such a tolerance for opiods that we were spending on average 3-4k a month just to keep a slight buzz and we were rotating which bills would get paid each month and not paying rent at all on some months so we could continue getting high. One morning when the electricity had been turned off I had a break through moment and I finally realized that I had let this addiction affect my kids and I was discusted with myself. We decided that day that we needed serious help. We packed up our family and moved into my in laws house and found a doc that specialized in suboxone treatment. It's been 2 years since we moved and started treatment and we have never been happier. We paid off all of our debt and repaired our credit saved money and 2 months ago bought a brand new house. We have had no relapses and very few cravings since we started treatment. I didn't think it was possible to be happy again but suboxone has made that possible and I am thankful for it everyday.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:19 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

wow i love reading post like this they make me so happy to see suboxone change peoples life for the better. cause thats what it did for me and i would either be dead or in jail by now if i didnt start suboxone treatment. But welcome to the site and yes i beat Hat to saying welcome lol jk. But im glad to see thing are going so well for you! wow a new house that must of been a great felling and i bet your kids are excited. Also good to see you have no plan of looking back to addiction now that you are on suboxone. the thing i love about this medication is it allows you to be normal again and beat the craving and withdrawl with out getting you high whats better then that!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:28 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi Christina and welcome to the forum. It's always nice to hear more success stories. I'm so glad it's worked out as well as it has for you and your family. We're glad you found the forum and hope you keep posting.

(**Is this a running gag, to try to beat me to posting first? I guess I do have too much time on my hands.) :lol:

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:27 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thanks for the welcome guys, it's nice to be here and i'm also happy I came across this fourm. Just in the last few hours I have read tons of information about suboxone use that I had never heard over the past 2 years. You can never have too much information. ; )