It is currently Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:39 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:19 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hey guys,
Just an update. Don't feel very well. I'm back with my daily headaches, and I was hoping that the Suboxone would help for the pain. Some doctors say it works for pain, some said it didn't. But I've seen that alot with this drug. "It makes me tired", "It gives me energy", etc.
I'm tired all the time. And, like most of you have said, it gives me constipation. I can't remember the last time I went. Not that I keep a journal. "Dear diary, I finally SH*T !"
Some of the side effects are similar to percocet. I have no sex drive. I can't even get an erection. But, with percocet, the day after I ran out I was good to go. Since I won't be "running out" of Suboxone, I'm kinda weary about getting into any kind of relationship right now.
I still have cravings. I feel like I should be ashamed to admit it with everybody's positive stories. I know what you'll all say. "Give it time." And I plan to. But right now I'm not happy enough to even recommend it to a friend. Sorry if I seem groggy. I've had several sleepless nights while on these. Even with the 400 mg of Trazodone.
This is just me telling you whats going on. Please don't slam me. I know it's working for you. I'm thrilled for you.
PEACE !! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:21 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Well, I am reasonably sure that NO-body is going to slam you! I think that, like me, they will just be sorry to hear that things are not going well!

While I can't relate to some of the symptoms that you describe, I can relate to the migraines and the constipation. I have had migraines all my life, sometimes daily. Have you ever seen a neurologist for yours? For me I have found that there are certain foods that can cause them like chocolate (even a tiny bit), processed meat, and cheese. Inexplicably I have found that sometimes opiates themselves can cause terrible headaches. When I was using, I can remember taking a large dose of oxy, for example, and then instead of getting high I would end up with a horrific migraine! I have noticed that now that my Suboxone dose is stable and I have been on it for a while, the headaches have decreased in frequency. I take injectable Imitrex, and it does work for me. Have you tried Imitrex? I don't think that anyone who has not experienced a migraine can understand just how painful and debilitating they are.

As for the constipation that is a common side effect and there are many good remedies listed here on this site under side effects. For me, Miralax works well. I take it every night and it really does go a long way to prevent these problems from occurring.

Have you talked to your doctor about all of the side effects you are having? I think that you should if you have not already done so. Perhaps your hormone levels are low from long-term opiate exposure. There may be things that they can do to help you.

Please keep us updated about how you are feeling. Believe me, no one is going to think less of you!!!

Sincerely,
~Rossma

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:30 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Thank you, Rossma :(

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:40 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

rossma wrote:
Have you talked to your doctor about all of the side effects you are having?

Blue? Have you mentioned any of it to your doctor?

Constipation?

I had it pretty bad too, at first, then it subsided

Sexual side effects?
Yep, had those too. They also subsided as I tapered down and now at 7mg while I'm not back to normal, even at 46 years old I am able to perform. I'm guessing you're half my age or less, am I right?

Headaches?

That one I did not have.

Why the heck would we "slam" you? I encourage you to discuss these issues with your doctor.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:48 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey Blue sorry to hear you are going threw such a hard time with suboxone. But you def need to talk with your dr about these issues cause some are a easy fix.

For ex your headaches. Some people have had issues with suboxone cause the of the one drug in called nalaxone which has been known to cause headaches for people to the point were there dr switched them to subutex. with subutex its just bup without nalaxone and that seems to work for most people with headaces.

as of sub working for pain it does work for pain but i dont know if it will work for headaces more so along the line of back pain and so fourth. im on sub for pain and recovery an it has saved my life.

as of not going to the bathroom. they just made that a actual thread to talk about cause it has been coming up so often.

Rosma is right Miralax will do wonders for you and its otc so you dont need a script. def try to get on top of this cause constipation can def add to the felling tired and even stress you out to the point of headaches. i can tell you this from my own ex with bathroom issues.

please keep us posted we are hear to help you in any way!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:56 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

To follow up on Bboy's post relating to the nalaxone, when you take your suboxone, if you just allow it to dissolve under your tongue but keep the saliva in your mouth -wait about 15 minutes- then spit it out, do not swallow, you will not consume any naloxone as it is not absorbed through mucus membranes.

Have you tried that, blue?

Post subject: not perfect
PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:03 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Hi Blue (and others)--

Sorry to hear you're not feeling great. Well, suboxone isn't perfect for everyone, but especially at the beginning--it can take time to stabilize--more for some people than others. I think getting the dose right is pretty important. for cravings....you need to be taking a high enough dose, but for the other issues, lowering your dose might help. I wanted to chime in about the headaches--I have been getting a lot of migraines lately too--in my case it's almost always related to diet--mostly blood sugar level..but like Rossma--too much opiates, including suboxone at certain times, has sometimes caused horrific migraines for me. As for cravings, at first suboxone completely eliminated my cravings, but it made me feel high--so no wonder. after a while it stopped making me feel high and I started to have cravings again. Anyone who's read any of my threads knows I've had a lot of trouble stabilizing on suboxone and have had a lot of relapsing. Even so, I'm better off on sub than not, I am sure of that. I agree with the others, you should talk to your doctor about these side effects you're having and quite possibly talk about adjusting your dose. But also, you haven't been on sub very long, so you do need to be a little patient and some of it may just get better with a little time, especially the grogginess and fatigue. I hope so anyway. For some people, all cravings are gone forever while on sub, I guess, but for others of us, we maybe have to struggle somewhat harder with ourselves to stay off drugs. I'm not a great example, I have to say, but I'm doing much better recently, and like I said, I know I am better off on sub than not, it really does make it so much easier to keep from relapsing now and to stay in a state of remission form addiction. I really think you will start feeling better soon, but again, I'm with the others in urging you to discuss your issues with your doctor. Meanwhile, try to keep your stress level down, and take as good care of yourself as you can. Good luck, and keep us posted!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:55 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Dear Blue,

My husband has taken opiates for his back for years. He has 3 inoperable ruptured disks and he is one of those MUTANTS who can actually take Oxycontin as ordered!!! He started having some problems (of course he is 54 years old) and his pain management doctor told him that chronic opiate exposure can cause low testosterone levels. She ordered a blood test to find out. (This was just last week and he hasn’t gotten it done yet.) She told him that if the testosterone level is low that there are medications that can be given to replace it. The point is, that all of these things that you are feeling should not be pushed aside. It is important that you tell your doctor what is happening. Start a list so that you don’t forget to tell him/her.

I for one am rooting for you!

~Rossma

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:24 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

rossma wrote:
He has 3 inoperable ruptured disks and he is one of those MUTANTS who can actually take Oxycontin as ordered!!!

MUTANTS :lol:

I call them "earth people"

You know the type. They can take ONE percoset. Or ONE Vicodin. Who are these people? They're freaks I tell you FREAKS!! :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:32 pm 
Blue - I also experienced the feeling tired & groggy but can't sleep conflict. I found that dosing early in the day was best, because if I keep busy I'm not so tired and if I don't take Sub too late in the day it doesn't keep me up at night. (Theoretically, this shouldn't be the case, because our blood levels reach a steady state, but I think it's true early in your treatment).

I also still had intense cravings, and it's not as uncommon as you think. The Sub eliminates our physical cravings, but not the psychological wish to escape the way we feel, or worse, the nostalgia for "that feeling" when we don't play the tape all the way through to the end. But being on Sub buys us time to work on those issues.

I also vote yes on the Miralax, sooner rather than later (it's colorless, tasteless and has zero side effects). It does come in generic now, or if you have insurance ask you doc to call in a script of glycolax (same thing) and you can get it dirt cheap.

Good luck and hang in there.
Lilly

Post subject: Tired.............
PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:08 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

There is a very good chance your trazadone is causing some of your grogginess... Maybe it needs to be adjusted a little, try cutting back just a little for a couple of days and see if thats the problem, If you feel a little better tell your Dr. I became ultra sensitive to psych meds when I started Suboxopne. Mornings are always a bad time for me , some days are better, I know the second I wake up if I will be dragging around all day, nothing, not even 12 cups of Starbucks or my Wellbutrin will get me going, I do believe Dr J. when he writes that we think way to much about the way we feel, NEVER being satisfied ( by the way I'm no Dr. ) Mike

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 8:18 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I just wanted to say I sorry you aren't feeling so great. I had a great experience with sub from the beginning except that I was sleeping all the time and once I got my dose down that stopped. I always feel bad when someone else has a hard time because you have been robbed of a pretty neat experience. I hope it gets better for you.

Cherie

- Winston Churchill

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 8:26 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey blue -

I'm so sorry to hear you're not feeling well? What dose are you on? (Sorry if you said and I missed it.) Definitely speak to your doctor about how you're feeling.

When it comes to suboxone helping with pain, it's pain properties only last between something lie 4-6 hours, so you have to dose more than once daily. Have you tried that? Maybe something like 2 mg, 3 times a day?

Good luck and I hope you feel better soon.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:27 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Any updates, Blue? How are you doing?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:25 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

For headaches/migraines that are persistent I was given Relpax & it worked in usually 15 minutes. If Imitrex & all the other stuff fails ask about Relpax, it is covered by insurance(but tri-care only covered 8 per month & I heard that's most insurance)so I came out of pocket at $25 each, but it was that or a bullet for me...yes that bad. I hope anyone with migraines can ask about it, the doctors always pushed Imitrex on me, but those just didn't work at all for me(and they cost the same).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:45 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I hope blue is not gone, but I fear the worst here having not heard anything in a while.

:cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:57 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Junkie - I saw Blue posting on another thread just yesterday. I just think he hasn't updated this one. If I read and recall correctly, he is still not doing well on subs.

Blue - I hope you can update this thread and tell us how you're doing. Even if you're not doing well, we're here to support you in any way we can.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:56 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hi junkie !
I'm around. Still taking the Suboxone. My dosage is: 1 in the morning, 1/2 afternoon, and 1 at night. I'm no longer sick to my stomach, and I'm sleeping a full 8 hrs (though the time schedule sometimes differs)
I still have cravings, and I guess I'll always be in pain. I was expecting more. But then again, I always am.
Thank you for your concern. Happy Veterins Day everyone !
-bLUe

Post subject: Hey Blue
PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:35 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Hey Blue, I just browsed through the thread as I haven't been around much.... Miss this place so I figured I would give a Hello.... I too am sorry you're having a difficult time but don't give up. Like other have said stabilizing and finding the right dose may be the trick.

I also have been getting a few headaches here and there but I do spit out the rest of my Suboxone when I'm done in the AM.... I take Motrin when I do get a headache and I'm well after that. My headaches are so far few and between. I'm only taking 8MG a day and I'm finally dosing once in the morning and that's it....

Constipation....oh yah, I sometimes deal with that...I find that I'm regular and then all of a sudden BAM.... and it's painful.... For the most part for me I'm regular now that I've been on Suboxone for almost a year. I do sometimes take Senna tables if I notice I start becoming less frequent. You cannot take this medication on a regular basis otherwise your bowels will require the medication to get stimulated. But the medication works well and makes things smooth if you know what I mean. I may take four Senna tablets every three weeks or so and it seems to keep things moving when they get tough. I hope this isn't too much for me if I decide to stop taking them...

Anyways welcome.....and don't give up, I hope it gets better...

SuperBuper

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:09 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

hey blue,

Sorry things aren't all that much better but I am glad your sticking to it :D I hope things improve soon :!: :!:

I don't remember if this was mentioned before but I thought I might throw it out there? I have read a lot about subs and pain and it seems that when dosing for pain it is most useful in small doses like 2-3mgs every few hours. Correct me if I'm wrong Hatmaker but I believe that you also dose this way?

Anyway keep up the good work :!: