It is currently Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:18 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Greetings, STZ!
PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:27 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hello all,
I've read over this forum a couple of times over the past year or so....I'm usually a little shy, but it's amazing how confidence builds as time goes on.

I started on suboxone nearly 2 years ago....leaving behind close to 20 years of nearly non-stop opiate use...mostly heroin, but am no stranger to most of the rest.....and am absolutely delighted to say that in 22 months I haven't picked up a single time. I started at 16 mg/day and have worked my way down to 2mg/day (without any w/d symptoms, I might add) which is just a little more manageable (and cheaper!) I intend to stay put at that dose for the duration. My suboxone doc (who is much younger than I) has promised to come see me in the nursing home if need be :wink: !

I have never been to treatment and managed to keep my drug use hidden from almost everyone in my circle. Self isolation doesn't lead to a happy life, take it from me.....and can't stress enough how different (in a great way) life is now, although that, in itself, has taken some work.

When one spends virtually every waking hour for nearly two decades thinking about drugs (both by choice and by necessity) suddenly *not* having to do that takes some re-callibration - literally having to find "new" things to fill up that incredibly large void.....an ongoing process for me.

So, here I am -- hopefully I'll find something interesting to contribute! :D :D

Auntie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:18 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Welcome Auntie!

WOW! I love to hear introductions like yours. It gives new sub users like me hope. My usage was 1/2 your duration - and once I get stabilized on my 12mg's through the holidays I'm going to be looking a weaning down as you have.

Can you share the way you weaned down to 2mg's? For example, did you just start taking 4mg's less one day and all was well, or did you do an every-other-day approach?

Thanks and Welcome! I look forward to hearing from you on the forum.