It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:55 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 5:39 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hello;)

Gave up H in 92, spent 6 years on 80mg MM. Tapered off over a years time, detoxwd at a 2mg per

5-7 day, after a one time 10mg initial drop.

Spent many years clean (opiate abuse clean) with only the occasional RX for #30 10mg perc.

Found all the DHC I could order of the net in sealed bottles with zero APAP 2 years ago,

at a time where both physical, and emotional pain were very bad.

Short of it....I got up to about 1000mgs a day. Decided it was time to get with MM taper, but I found info

on Sub, a new (To me) treatment. I am excited and actually looking forward to it, put up against the ball and chain

take home MMT rules especially.

Stopped ordering Meds weeks ago, knew I wanted to do the MM program in November, and start in first week of the year.

Going to meet and pay for the first office visit

in the morning. Have a list of questions, most already answered by some of you fine

folks;)

Thanks for all the great posts on this MB!

Have about 150 40mg DHC’s left. I plan on induction when my kid gos back to school around

the 4th or 5th. Going to try and get down to 400mg and a 24hour abstince before I go for the first

dose.

Thanks again Folks.

Happy NY to all;)

Post subject: Welcome
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:07 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I must admit I had to google and see what that drug was as I had no idea. It really shocks me that I actually now have read an evidential post that you really can buy narcotics over the net. In a way this "addict mind" of mine says wow I missed it, but my "recovery mind" says thank god I always believed it as just rumors and I never really looked into nor tried buying narcotics over the net. I am sure it would have exacerbated my already acute/chronic addiction. So here is a case of ignorance is bliss. I always get a little scared when I hear someone say they use to be on Methadone, got off Methadone, stayed clean for a while then boom something happens and they go back to addiction. It scares me because I am on MMT (Methadone) two years now and well I eventually would like to think I too can come off methadone, but I don’t want to be off of it if I am going to relapse. I know there is no sure fire way of knowing if I will or not relapse but when I read stories such as yours I feel less than encouraged.
I am very glad you are making it back to recovery whether it be by sub or methadone. I myself did try subs three times and I was the opposite of you I decided and even got excited about trying methadone a few years ago. I wish you luck and look forward to hearing about your transition. Keep us informed and welcome to the forum. I am new but I plan to hang out on this forum so I feel I can welcome you too.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:32 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

A Relapse prevention plan is just as important as the detox plan IMO. Mine worked for

a long time.

That said relapse is a

very real part of addiction. I learned a long time ago, not to beat your-self up if you relapse,

dust your-self off and get back to what works, even if that is a higher dose or some group, or

one-on-one adjunct therapy. What ever works for YOU.

We as addicts, will die with this disease, we don't have to die from it though.

All the Best to you and happy NY!

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:45 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Welcome JustMike and thanks for sharing your story with us. I agree with you about relapse prevention. I've been on sub now for a little over 3 years and although I take it for pain, I'm also glad that I have it as a buffer for my addiction for as long as I'm on it.

Good luck with your sub treatment and again, welcome to the forum.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject: update
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:34 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Well Sunday I dropped 30% of my daily dose, yesterday another 30% woke up at 5am this morning and took 300mg of ER Codeine, nothing else since. Think around noon tomorrow I should be in shape to start the Sub. Right now I am starting to get the baby aches, and a slight runny nose. After reading allot about Sub on the net, I have come to the conclusion that Doctors many times over prescribe this med, and the overall consensus over at BL is "Less is More", as with MMT "More is More" LOFL.
Going to start with 2mg and add 2mg an hour later and take it from there. 16mg a day does seem a bit much for a the habit I have.

Feel like Crap right now...yet feel good abouit it!

HNY all;)

Post subject: So Far So Good;)
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:17 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Ok 28 hours from last dose, feeling like crap, cramps, legs, runny nose,

yawning, eyes tearing, headache...no COWS score taken, but IMO I am in the Zone.

MU receptor say hello to your new BFF!

Took 4mg (half) about 15min ago.

About one hour into the first 4mg, I feel less in withdrawal, still very cold to the bone,

but less aches in body and head, and nose is not running. Going to take another 2mg,

Doc Rx’ed 8mg 2x a day, this is the first time I am not following doctors directions by

at least doubling, or tripling the dose.

Update again later.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:47 pm 
OP, by switching to Suboxone you are actually upping your body's dose of opiates, therefore developing an even worse physical dependence than you had before.

DHC withdrawal is a cakewalk compared to Suboxone withdrawal.

Though I believe that you need to do what is right for YOU, and discontinuing your addictive behaviors is the best thing, I really hope you know what you're signing up for with this method.

I hope you're feeling better soon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:28 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thought I posted this must not have hit the button.

Ironic thanks for the advice. Had a 80mg MMT 6 year habit, did a long detox. Not my first Rodeo, thanks for the reply!

-----Snip---------

Took another 2mg, then another 2mg about one hour apart., for a total of 8mg

within 3hours.

All WD symptoms

are gone, a slight headache remains, but that's it. No feeling of being on any opiate, just a

clear, straight feeling. This is a very useful tool to battle addiction, had it been around

in the 90’s I would have gave it a go instead of MMT.

Doc wants me to take another 8mg tonight, going to see how I feel

later this evening. Because of the long half-life I should be able to dose once a day

like Methadone.

Felt good enough to start getting my tax returns started, I amvery impressed and grateful

for the availability of this Med, especially through a Doc visit, without the ball and chain of a

MMT

program. I travel often, sometimes for as much as three weeks at a time, so this fits in

my life well.

In my life I have had many long term habits, a 1-2 bundle a day #4 habit, a 3 year K4 habit,

a 6 year 80mg a day MMT habit, and recently a large DHC habit. I was *VERY* skeptical and

doubtful about Sub, however it works as it is marketed, and anyone considering it should

put fear aside and give it a go.

Updates to follow.

BTW: I found Costco to be the least expensive for those without insurance. With

the RB $45 coupon I paid about $386 for #60 -8mg films. I am hopeful I can get that

to last 1.5-2 months eventually.

Post subject: good job
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:06 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I just wanted to say great job.
You've done your homework and it seems your on the 'right track'

I too, tried mmt, for pain control and opiate abuse, but I just abused the hell out of it, and it wasnt for me, but thats a long story.....lol

I was VERY skeptical of sub at first too. I guess I was expecting the feeling of a benzo or something when i took it the first time. I was sure it wasnt gonna 'work for MY habit"
and I didnt have a computer or anything when I started, just a handout a friend that got in the program gave me. so I was pretty much completely outa options when I showed up to my doctors office.

Anyways,
GREAT JOB
I got headaches when I first started sub, but they went away after a week or so. of course it cuda been the cocktail of dope leaving my body too I guess. lol

Keep up the good work

That's TRUE STRENGTH
http://almostoneyearclean.blogspot.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:13 am 
Glad to hear you're feeling better!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:48 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Amber & Ironic..Thank you both;)

Up date: last night only took 4mg, sleep was OK... not great, but bearable, certainly

MUCH better than the prior night!

Took 4mg this morning and after one hour I still had some serious discomfort, took another 2mg,

and now 5 hours later I am still feeling good enough.

See how 4 mg around dinner time does tonight.

Amber I can relate to that “Leaving the Body” feeling, it is as if the detox from the

DHC is just below the surface, I get an occasional sweat, or cramp, and it

passes quickly. Sub is so far exceeding my expectations.

So looking like 10mg each 24hrs will be good, hope to start a slow taper from that level.

More to come!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:38 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

:lol:

Just checkin in on your thread

Hope your still doing well, Happy Saturday to ya :D

That's TRUE STRENGTH
http://almostoneyearclean.blogspot.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:29 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

now this is my own personal experience. 3+ years with suboxone,
The first year, I only tinkered with Suboxone, not a full-blown stop-opiate help all..I only took it when I could afford the visits.
(you can read my story in the Induction area, titled "My induction as I can remember it (pretty clearly)"

2 years of SOLID Suboxone only therapy..no tinkering with it..ONLY suboxone in me for the past 2 years.

I still get some headaches. And they are MONSTERS. Usually, it's when I don't eat properly throughout the day...but when i get them, they are nearly crippling. I prob get...one or two a month. I've learned that this is just part of Sub ..and I don't mind them. They are MUCH better than the alternative.

Post subject: Going well
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:23 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hi all, Sub is working well, taking 8mgs per day 4mg in the morning and 4 at night. Amazing how well it works, I encourage anyone on the fence with this med to research it deeply and consider it, it is a great tool.