It is currently Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:49 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:32 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Ok, I had some problems with this pharmacy before, when pills switched to strips. But this top all. I dropped my script off as ususal as i have done each month for the past year , year and a half. I pick it up, before i leave i usually check inside bag to eyeball count. There were two thirty pack boxes and then a bottle with 10 single strips (70 total). When i got home to open boxes, i found one only had 10 strips. I immediatly went to pharmacy and showed them, did give me the time of day. I called in a complaint to corporate and still nothing.

From what i can think is they opened the box of 30 to get singles for a previous script and closed it and someone else picked it up thinking it was full. the manager says they never open boxes, but WHERE DO THEY GET THE SINGLES FROM?

so i am wondering what to tell my doc. i did relapse recently (1 rox) and dont want to make my visits full of drama, but i dont know weather to just not tell or not. i know it will come up when they do a count of empties.

This suboxone does work for me. i have used two 30 rox in 1.5 years. i think thats pretty good. i have no reason to want more or try to rip off pharmacy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:41 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Call your DR/Office first thing Monday morning to let them know what has happen. You need to do this as soon as possible because if you wait and then come up short on your count it will not look to good ya know what I am saying? Mistakes happen and people mess up but when it comes to a pharmacy admitting that they messed up is not very common especially when it is a controlled substance script. But if you and your Dr are on good terms he or she should give you the benefit of the doubt and might even call in a script for the amount of films you were shorted. But being honest is everything with DRs and you honestly did nothing wrong so everything should work out. No matter what happens just keep your cool and hopefully things will work themselves out!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:46 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

YES you should totaly tell your doctor. I'd bring the whole thing with me and show him EXACTLY what you got and how. I just posted a story like this about walgreens that happende to me VERY early in my recovery and my doc called the pharmcy to try and fix it, he said they were TOTALLY rude to him,,,and he wrote me for the missing meds...
GOOD LUCK

Our Sponsors
 Post subject: Counting
PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:55 pm 

On the supposedly sealed boxes, was the shrink wrap on it? That would be the first sign that they opened it. If it was, then either they have a smart thief or a factory mistake.

My nurse told me to always count them all at the counter before I paid for them and left. After doing that a few times I was never shorted.

What a mess they put you in. I'd be so pissed if it was me. Hope you get it all settled.

Post subject: what do i do
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:15 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

=ok, so ill tell the doc, but what am i going to do about the 20 missing? if they write me another script, i cant get it filled for 28 days because my insurance only lets me fill it every 28 days.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:34 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

You said you made a complaint with the corporate office, right? Did you speak to the pharmacy manager? I would do that if you haven't already and ask them to do an inventory count of their suboxone. Be polite, professional, yet firm when you speak to them, but I would show them that you are not going to back down and that they need to take your complaint seriously.

At the very least, follow through with your complaint so that this can perhaps be prevented from happening to you or anyone else in the future.

Good luck and I agree that contacting your doctor about the shortage is a good idea, especially if he does med counts.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject: what to do
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:46 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

The manager was the one i was talking to. She didnt give me the time of day. Didnt even look at my packages. She "said" they did an inventory, but thats bs, they dont keep track of it that close. i know because the same pharmacy, whewn i was going to another doctor, they double filled my script TWICE!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:23 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

this exact same scenario happened to me tonite in Los Gatos, CA. i was given two boxes and a bottle with 15 films in it. when i opened the boxes, one had 30 in it, and the other had only 15 films in it. i immediately called Walgreens and the pharmacistvdid a "count" and now says im lying.

I'm not lying, and this honestly happened. Tomorrow, complaints will be filed with the state pharmacy Board, the police station, and the local DEA office.

Is the original poster in CA by chance??