It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:28 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:05 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Ill keep this very short and to the point. Like many others i was addicted to roxies a long while back. when i decided to clean up i wanted to get on suboxone however i couldnt afford it so like anyone i went and got it off the street and tried for about a year to taper myself off of it but no luck i had. so about 4 months ago i got arrested for poss. I had 2 subs in my truck when they searched me and my co worker had a straw on him and dumped one in my truck therefore i got charged also with poss of parifenalia! WTF anyhow. I finnally got the money and time 2gether after i got outta jail to go to the suboxone doctor and told him i been taking about 1 and a half subs a day for the last year and couple months and have tried and tried to taper off myself and failed, i told him imcomming to him now because i never had the time or money untill now and i wanna get off them before they do harm or damage to my body if they havent allready. So he continue to keep me on 1 and a half a day but the film instead. He will gradually taper me off slowly and under supervision to make sure im good. When I went to my court date they offered me drug court here in florida and i had to take it cause if i graduate it will wipe the felony poss charge and the other misd from my slate. NOW i need to know because people are starting to tell me that the judge will NO WAY let you take it while in drug court and will order me to stop all at once! Can they do that?? Wont that like almost kill me after being on it for so long now?? Can someone PLEEEEASE help me in my question!!?? Its not that i wanna stay on it cause i dont i do however want to keep tapering slowly like my doc says to do then hopfully be done with it all after some months to a year. Can drug court just make you STOP subs cold turkey like that?? Or will they or do they HAVE to continue to have you tapper off them but now under their supervision?? I go for my Drug Court evaluation this wed! in the morn. But id like to know what to expect before then. Any help Would be AWESOME!! THANK YOU!!!

Post subject: Double Post
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:22 pm 

crich772,

It appears you copied and pasted the same post from your other thread. Would you like me to combine the two or are you going to say something different?

I understand your frustration on not getting enough responses to your drug court issue, but if there is no one here who has experience in that area, making a double post won't get the answers you want.

Rule

Post subject: Re: Double Post
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:32 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

rule62 wrote:
crich772,

It appears you copied and pasted the same post from your other thread. Would you like me to combine the two or are you going to say something different?

I understand your frustration on not getting enough responses to your drug court issue, but if there is no one here who has experience in that area, making a double post won't get the answers you want.

Rule

Hey, well i only did the copy and paste because i realized i may have posted my original post under the wrong category is all so i figured i may get more responce under the right one. Thanks if you could combine them for me but just under the Legal Issues thread. Thanks allot! And sorry for the mixup, diddnt mean to piss ne one off.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:58 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I don't have direct experience with drug court but it was my understanding that courts usually don't test for bup. A lot of people in drug court are trying to get off opiates and are on a maintenance program. I can't imagine that they could order you to stop taking a doctor prescribed medication. I might have missed this in your post but do you in fact have a prescription or are you getting via streets?

Bup does not show up on regular drug tests, they have to actually test for it and I'm not sure they care to.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:16 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Never mind then.. just saw your duplicate thread with more info in it. Not going to lie, definitely surprised by the decision your court/ judge made. It was an ignorant decision. Sorry.