It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:35 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 2:34 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I have been going to my new sub doctor for over a month. Before, I was stuck in a life i had never wanted for myself. Before seeing my doctor, I searched docs & called everywher for the cheapest as I do not have insurence & can not get it because of a past medical bill pending that is considered new. Also I am 22. Anyways, I called my docs office & the lady told me without insurence, it would cost me 95 to see the doc every month and 165 for month therapy sessions. GREAT! I can afford that out of pocket! I went for my 1st visit, it went well, I got my perscription, the doc told me to come back in a week that I would have to come every week for 12 weeks. I went to the pharmacy, it cost me 135 for just a weeks worth & that was with an RX disscount. Okay kind of expencive but I think I may be able to handle that. I felt geat! My family started trusting me again, I felt like 10000000 bucks! I went back to my doc the next week, the lady told me I had to pay 95?!?? I told her I paid it last week & she told me for the 1st 12 weeks, I would have to pay that every week! WHAT?? NO ONE TOLD ME THAT WHEN I CALLED BEFORE MY 1ST APPT!!! So whatever, I paid it, and it's been a month & I can NO LONGER AFFORD the doc visits plus perscriptions & the therapy sessions. I am so dissapointed & scared because I have been feeling great! My doc isnt accepting the 1 year free sub patients. I am pretty much screwed & scared because of withdrawals. I was so happy, I thought my life was coming together for once, everyone has been so proud of me & now i feel like I am about to let everyone down. I hate it so much. This sucks! I don't know any other options. I'm getting depressed & don't want to go back down the road I THOUGHT I was off. :( [font=Georgia] [/font]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 3:43 pm 

That is a tough situation and I'm sorry that you're in it. What is your situation right now? Are you working, are you a student? Do you live with your parents? Is there a chance that you could pick up a second job?

Your family has noticed how great you're doing. Would any of them be willing to help you for these three months by paying money directly to the doctor's office?

I would be doing two things if I were you. I would be figuring out a way to raise extra funds. And I would be calling around to any other sub doctor, even ones farther away, who might take your insurance. If you have to ask for money from your family, I would make a pretty professional job of it. Lay out your costs on paper. Be honest about how much you need. Show how you're going to pay the person back over time.

You need to be creative and persistent about solutions. Going back is not an option! Make sure that you keep telling yourself that!

Amy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 10:31 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I agree with Amy. I say this with love, it is amazing what I would do to get my pills, but at first all I did was complain about the cost of Suboxone. But when I finally sat down and figured up what the drugs cost me, financially, physically, mentally and emotionally. It was worth the cost. I lost my insurance 2 months in (my husband became disabled and we lost his medical insurance thru work, and he lost his job), so I completely understand. No trust fund (LOL) no savings, living paycheck to paycheck.

Try networking, friends, family anyone who will help. You would be amazed at what people will do when asked. If and when I have to borrow money for help, I let the people help decide how they want to help. If its go with me to pick up the prescription, or pay part of a bill for me. I let them know that I will do it on their terms. It has been over a year and now when i need help there is trust and understanding. I hope you have this network to rely on. Also I live in Indiana and the state has a new discount card, It saved me an extra $3.00 per day. Doesn't seem like a alot but it adds up. Research, research, research. I get bored quite easily if you want to tell me what state you live in or give me 2 or 3 states, I can see if maybe i can find something online to help. Please know anything I say is not to sound mean, I always worry that maybe my responses come off a little rough, but something gets lost in communication by computer. Good luck and I hope you get the help you need. I am praying for you.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 9:32 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Now if you need someone to help you out, but not real sure when you can pay them back this is what I have done before. I have told Mom if she would get my medicine for me, I would come over and clean her house every night that week or whatever she needed done. Now when I cleaned out a couple of my rooms, I found some old stuff that I could sell and make some decent money from it. I found a software package that was in pristine condition, never used that school sent me. I had paid for it but never used it. So I sold it on Ebay and made 400 bucks. It was Photoshop along with a bunch of other stuff with it. I did a price check before I posted it, I try to not hoo doo people. If you have some stuff laying around the house that you don't need anymore or whatever, try to sell it on Ebay. I just sold a few things that we had and I wound up making enough for a doctors appointment and the electric bill that month. I was still on free meds at that time.
You could also cut some bills down as well. I don't know your financial situation, but if you have cable or something that you can cut down or maybe a cell phone that you can turn some stuff off on. Cut coupons, not sure if there is anything else that would help right off. I hope that I don't come across rude or anything.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 9:36 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I feel for you

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 10:12 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

you also need to ask your dr. if they have any one on the

Here to help program

where the manufacturer, pays for your WHOLE SCRIPT FOR A YEAR... or twelve months.

I was on it,,, but there are a few rules, and hoops to jump thru... WELL WORTH THE EFFORT THOUGH....

you have to be under the FEDERAL poverty level, which is actually pretty high,,, I know for ME, a family of three it was about 62K a year.

Oh, and your dr. has to call up first, and verify they do not have MORE than three patients on it,, each dr. has a limit of three patients on it at a time.

If you want more information, just PM me.
I have the number, but like I said, the Dr has to call first.

you can even get the application faxed to you and fax it back , so it goes quickly.

I NEVER would have been able to stay on sub, without this program... I could HARDLY saddle the $50 per visit, the first few months, not to even MENTION that I needed 24mg/day for the first few months... ugggghh.

that's been two years now, though,,, and I only take one a day, see the dr. every third month... Not too bad, nowadays.

Good luck to you,,,

I SERIOUSLY hope something works out for you

That's TRUE STRENGTH
http://almostoneyearclean.blogspot.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 4:22 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

The program is pretty easy to deal with each month. I thought that it would be a pain every month getting it filled because its a free med program. Like with most programs around here, sometimes it is a bunch of hoops to jump through even after you are on it. I did have a little bit of trouble one month because the pharmacy hadn't updated their software or something and it wasn't letting the codes on the card go through but once it updated, it was fine.
Boy I tell ya what though, the savings that it helped with every month. Man, it was awesome. At that time getting three a day filled, which was 24 dollars a day in my area for 28 days. Almost 700 bucks or something. I know on the package even though it paid for the medicine, the price was on there and it was close to 700 bucks.
I didn't use the coupon at the time either, I figured if they were going to pay for it let them pay full price like I knew that I was going to have to do when I was off of it. Might not have been right, but I didn't think that they would accept the coupon codes anyways.
Now insurance might be another route to go, I have been having no luck whatsoever finding any but you might do better than I have. In this state, the high risk insurance is higher than my doctors visit and medicine COMBINED. I about cursed the dude on the phone when he said that I would have to go high risk because of the addiction treatment. I told him a headfull though, almost lost my cool on him especially when he said that the insurance wouldn't pay for the medicine but apparently this was some pathetic policy because everyone that I have found since then will pay for it, not all but some. Some insurance companies that I have been calling and speaking with will reimburse for the doctors visit if they have the extended Mental Health. Now grant it, I don't understand a lot of the insurance jargon so if you go that route, please call them before taking my word as truth on it.
I have found a couple of plans but the minute that I tell them I am taking Suboxone, they say no. I don't know if it is my state or if its the medicine. I hate to lie to the people, because if they find out later it will come back on me but by the time that the Affordable Health Act completely goes into effect more than likely I will be off this stuff.
Ehealthinsurance.com is a good website to get insurance quotes and they WILL call you. They will keep calling you if you do more than quote, found that out the hard way. What I normally do is use a fake or a dead phone number and CALL THEM. I hate having the phone ring off the hook all day from insurance providers.
The plans that I was quoted started in the range of 118-156 and went up to over 450 a month.
It might be another way to go if you can swing the insurance just to pay for the medicine and get a payback on the doctors visit somehow, not sure if it would work but a phone call is free. I don't know if any of these other companies will say anything about the bill that is keeping you from getting it, but I don't know who you are calling or speaking with either. Try the website though unless you already have done so. Not sure what else to suggest from my end. I was really lucky to have family that I could call and have them front me 50 bucks until payday to get a few strips until he got paid and then I would get my weeks worth or whatever. My aunt who is more understanding of my problem than my mother, story for another day! Anyhow, hope something works out soon. I know how it feels, believe me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 5:19 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Amber- the doctors office no longer has to call first. They now leave it up to you to make sure your doctor has an open spot.

I would say definitely find a new doctor as soon as possible. My doctor charges me $76 dollars every month which is the price of a regular office visit. She also accepts insurance. I live about 45 minutes away so I went in for my induction and then two weeks later and after that every month. Another awesome thing she does for me is all my refills are call ins so I don't have to rely on paper scripts. That way of I can't get in on the exact day I need them refilled I don't have to worry about running out. It nice to be treated the exact same as a patient their for just a check up. I think it's appalling that some drs charge more for their sub patients than they do their other patients. I guess I'm just saying you may be able to call around and find a doctor who will work with you more or who has better rates. Also it may benefit you greatly just to find a doctor with a spot open for the here to help program no matter what the office visit charge.

The number for the here to help patient assistance program is 888-898-4818

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:26 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I'm so very terribly sorry for what you're going through. It does not seem fair n I'm sorry that I'm unable to advise you as I live in the UK but wanted to offer you support n to say I'm here if you need anyone to vent to.
I think this is truly awful treating like this. If they want people offf their addiction surely the government should be doing something about this as it seems awful expensive n cruel - that's just my opinion anyway.
I hope others can advise you of a solution out of this because to me it seems awful cruel that once you've got your life back n working through your stuff this is happening to you.
I truly wish you all the best,
Evey x

Don't one day, SAY TODAY!
There is always a solution to the problem

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:30 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

The government has never cared about their people or we would be leaps and bounds ahead of other countries like they are over us.