It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:05 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:55 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi everyone, I have been following this site for about a month and this is my first time posting. I have been on Suboxone for a little over 2 months. First I would like to say how much I appreciate this website and all of the members that contribute to it. I have learned so much and am amazed at how kind you all are. From reading here so much I feel like I know alot of you already and am so proud of your success and hope to remain successful myself! Being new to Sub I do not have much information to offer but I can offer an amazing doctor and pharmacy for anyone in the Phoenix area of AZ.

I have been extremely lucky so far and have had nothing but great service from my doc & pharmacy. I also have the full support from all of my family members, infact my grandmother, mother and husband are proud of me taking Sub. I had no idea it was such a stigma until I came here and no idea how lucky I was to be in the position I am.

My Dr. is a phsyciatrist with a specialty in addiction medicine. He is located in Chandler, AZ. His name is Dr. Michael Mahl. He is extremely understanding, kind and very informed on Suboxone. He does not take insurance but provides you with a reciept with all the codes and information needed to submit the claim to your insurance. After being induced you have to come back one week later and then two weeks later. Then your appointments are monthly and cost $100. He spends a full 30 minutes with you at every appointment and even longer if need be. I have only been drug tested once in the very beginning. He informed me that a relapse does not mean being cut from the program, especially if you are honest sbout it, He understands that relapse is part of addiction. Also he is a private practice and only has one office girl working for him who is also extremely kind and very helpful. If anyone needs more info. to find him please let me know and I will provide.

I would also like to mention the pharmacy I go to. It's maybe a 10 minute drive from my Dr.'s office. It is a CVS, I have had 3 different pharmacists and everyone has been nothing but kind and helpfull. They always have my medication and even on their own signed me up with a discount thru CVS trying to save me money and also run the discount card without me having to ask( I take the strips). I have never felt any different than if I was picking up an antibiotic. Also if you would like the location of this CVS I will try to find it for you.

Sorry this post is so long but I really hope it can help somebody, I apologize for any spelling or gramatical errors. I am typing this while caring for my 9 month old twins. Thank you all again for the information and support I have found in this forum!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:34 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Never mind my PM's, I'm assuming this must be the doctor you were talking about on the other thread ...

Thanks for the info :)