It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:31 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Grateful today
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 8:02 am 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

Today we are having my granddaughter''s 3rd birthday party. Her actual birthday is tomorrow. This is the first party we have had since getting off the opiates. We (my kids and I ) like to have family and close friend parties. Good food and usually some games for the little kids. Her birthday theme is Alice in Wonderland''s tea party. Should be lots of fun. Just needed to say how grateful I am for suboxone and recovery. I didn't wake up this morning worrying if I had enough pills to get through the party. I had extra money for it cause I didn't blow it all on pills . I don't have to pretend I'm not sick and can enjoy the whole day! Wow what a relief! Oh it will be stressful I'm sure. Family always means stress. Lol. I'm sure there will be triggers . But I'm covered! I'm good! I have my suboxone and can just concentrate on having a great day for my granddaughter. For that I am grateful. Well I better get started cooking. Thanks for listening everyone. Hope you all have a great day ! :D

Post subject: Re: Grateful today
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 8:23 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hi willow!

Just wanted to stop in and say happy birthday to your sweet granddaughter, and I'm wishing you a wonderful, peaceful day! Isn't it an awesome feeling to not have to constantly worry about being sick? Just being able to live life and enjoy normal family things like that is truly a gift!

Enjoy, you deserve this! ❤

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 9:48 am 

Hi Willow, Happy Birthday Willow's Granddaughter! It is a real blessing to be able to enjoy events like this! I too am grateful everyday for Suboxone! It changed my life! It is easy to forget sometimes how bad it would be...waking up in a panic if I had run out and spending so much time sceeming and scanning to do whatever it takes to find something that would work to take the edge off! Thank you for your post this morning! It helped me to keep it green this am and to be full of gratitude for where I am today! Enjoy the party and we know for sure that you will not be feeling like you are falling down the rabbit hole even at an Alice in Wonderland party! lol

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 11:34 pm 

Well, I tried to post a picture of me and my grandkiddos (I'm only 44 but my hubby is 61), but it didn't work out. Came out too large!

Amy

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 8:48 am 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

Thank you everyone for the birthday wishes! She had a great party . It was a wonderful day!! My back was hurting and my feet were so painful by the end of the day !! But the pain was well worth it! ! I am trying to post a pic from the party but not getting it to work. Lol I will keep trying. And yes Michelle. ..I am so glad I was safe from falling down that rabbit hole! Got to run but I will try the pic thing later. Oh and Amy I am a 48 yr old Grammy! ! My daughter is a young momma but she is the best momma in the world. I am so proud of her!! She has handled this situation amazingly!!!

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 6:26 pm 

Hi Ladies, can't wait to see pictures! You ladies are babes....I just turned 56! And no Grandkids, but I have always been very close with my sister's and her eldest has two little girls...3 and 18 mos. and they light up my world!So much joy! In fact, I am headed out to watch the eldest at her gymnastics class! I will be looking forward to those pictures!