It is currently Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:18 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:15 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I got the new strips 2nite.I must say I was kinda excited about getting them,Ecspecially since Im paying out of pocket right now.Any way this morning I took my last pill,8mg,ya know the usual.So i see my doc. at 6pm and ask him about the strips,and he gladly gave me the script,and the dicount card,which I really needed because Im waiting on my ins. to go through.So I asked him to give me only a weeks worth,14,.So my total cost was like 20 bucks.Same price as the pills.And the addict that I am couldnt wait to get home to try them.So i busted one out as soon asd I got home,and put it under my toungue.They definately dissolve alot quicker and the taste was not as over powering as the pills.Also very little got wasted by swallowing the saliva.Now here it is! maybe Im just paranoid,but I dont think i barely felt it.I took a whole 8mg strip.At first I was all excited because i herd they would probably be more potent,but Im not sure.Ill have a better idea 2moro when I take my first dose.But right now Im kinda skeptical.I really hope Im wrong about them.Ill let you guys know 2morow.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 7:51 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I'm sorry, but I don't understand...What were you expecting to "feel"? You said it was quicker dissolving (better) and the taste was less overpowering (better). So I guess I'm not getting what you're so skeptical about. Am I missing something?

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:07 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

What I was expecting to feel was relief!Like I usually do when I take my sub pill.My back has been hurtin since last night ,although I have been working my back a little harder the last couple of days at work.Thats part of the reason I did painkillers and then later H to begin with.Like I said ,maybe Im just paranoid,but I dont think they are as strong as the pills!I have a weeks worth now so I can give it a little more time .But this weekend Im gonna go to the pharmacy and buy one pill,cause I still have like 10 left on an older script,and take the film in the am,and the pill in the pm,and then I will definately know.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:33 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Please let us know in the A.M. I'm very excited to try the film. I'm hoping the absorbtion is much better, I'm hoping everything is much better. Glad to know the cost is the same.

Of course there's such a thing as angels. Only sometimes they don't have wings... and we call them mothers. -Unknown

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:39 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

hurtz,

Wow, I have to say your not the first person to mention this and i'm kinda glad I didn't get the strips this month now. This is what I was worried about getting them and not feeling the same as I do now. I have read people telling me they are so much better and others saying the are not as effective. Thanks for being honest and please continue to share with us how things are going. Thanks again i hope things improve :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:49 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hi guys, I have the film or strips...whatever you wanna call them. I have taken the pills too. The only difference I notice is they dissolve faster but you still need to hold your spit in for 15 minutes. I take 24mg/day. I guess I wouldnt say i notice a diff. if they work better or not.

At first I was gonna ask what you were waiting to "feel". But I guess if you take em for pain, thats a different story. Do subs really help your pain? And you mentioned that you took one right when you got home and didn't wanna wait or somehing...do you usually take one at night too? I guess im just confused if you meant you felt less releif than usual. Well, I hope they work for you! I would personally feel just as good to take the pill or film...since I have taken both and dont notice a difference.

Good luck!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:01 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Yes, part of the reason I take subs is for pain,but I am also a recovering heroin addict. so yeah, i can usually judge how they are working from the amount of pain I have.I have been breaking my back pretty hard at work the last few days though,so maybe I was to quick to judge.They do absorb much quicker,and very little if any gets wasted.I do like them alot!The true test will be 2moro or sat. when I get a pill from the pharm. Ill take the film in the am.,and the pill in the pm,then I should know for sure. Thanks for all the feddback guys! Ill keep u posted!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:28 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

So, I have been on these things for 3 days and don't think there is a big difference. They absorb way faster, which is great. I do feel like they are a little less effective. Does mouthwash really help before dosing to help with effectiveness?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:25 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

ILLCadillac wrote:
So, I have been on these things for 3 days and don't think there is a big difference. They absorb way faster, which is great. I do feel like they are a little less effective. Does mouthwash really help before dosing to help with effectiveness?

Mouthwash? Why would that help?

I just got back on Suboxone and was surprised when I was prescribed the strips because I had never seen them or even heard about them before. I don't really notice any difference at all compared to the tablets, except it can be kinda tricky getting them in the right spot under your tongue, since the strip sticks to anything that is wet. Sometimes it will stick to a different part of my mouth and mess up the absorption a little bit.

Personally, I prefer the pills.

Does anyone know whether the film is less expensive than the pills or vice versa?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:23 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I was thinking the same thing my first day on films that my pain level was up till a hour later my knee felt great an i didnt even have to take a full dose at bedtime. they last longer it seems def got me a lil buzzed the first day but i heard that goes away so im not to worried about that. my only issue is the after taste like a half hour later.

But please keep us posted on the am and pm thing

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:03 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

For whatever it is worth I am on Suboxone 24 mg/day, and I take it for pain as well. I've been on the pills for about a year and a half now. I started the film on Monday, and as far as I am concerned, there is absolutely no difference at all in how I feel. I have Fibromyalgia and severe arthritis. While the Suboxone certainly assists with the pain, there is a limit to its effectiveness in this department. I never "feel" my dose when I take it. I was not a huge of fan of the taste of the pills so for me, being able to use the film and hasten the process by having it gone faster is a plus.

Everyone is different, that's for sure. Just throwing my 2-cents in.

~Rossma

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 5:20 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

To be honest, I really cant tell any difference.I have since went back to the pills though,bcause my new pharmacy does not carry the film yet. Next week I will be back on the strips and am gonna give them another try. I do love the fact that they absorb much quicker, but they do taste a bit more bitter,but not as long as the pills.All in all I guess its a matter of personel preferance. Id really like to know what others think that have been on the pills for a long time as I have, and have switched to the strips.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 5:39 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I was on the pills for 3 1/2 years and switched to the films a month ago and I like the films better. I was on 32 mgs when taking the pills and now I only take 12-16 mg's on the film because of the better absorption. The taste is def better and you don't have orange crap all over your mouth and teeth after you dose with the film either. With he 75 dollar coupon it has brought my out of pocket expense for my prescription to nothing so all around I'm I big fan it's also easier to bring my dose to work with me in my wallet instead of a rattling bottle in my pocket. 2 thumbs up for sure.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 6:22 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I've been on sub for nearly two years. I switched to the film about 3 weeks ago. I tried to give it time to adjust to them, but the taste is just SO bad to me. I've gone back to the tablets and will ask my doc next time I see him to go back to prescribing me the tablets. Yes the films dissolve faster, but compared to the taste of the film, those tablets are practically sweet.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 6:26 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Was on tablets for over a year. I'm into my second month on the film and I like it so much better.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:35 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I agree with you there hatmaker , the pills are sweet compared to the strips!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:30 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Eventually you might not have a choice my doctor switched everybody to the film and I'm pretty sure that's what all doctors are being encouraged to do by RB.