It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:34 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:10 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I got the new strips 2nite.I must say I was kinda excited about getting them,Ecspecially since Im paying out of pocket right now.Any way this morning I took my last pill,8mg,ya know the usual.So i see my doc. at 6pm and ask him about the strips,and he gladly gave me the script,and the dicount card,which I really needed because Im waiting on my ins. to go through.So I asked him to give me only a weeks worth,14,.So my total cost was like 20 bucks.Same price as the pills.And the addict that I am couldnt wait to get home to try them.So i busted one out as soon asd I got home,and put it under my toungue.They definately dissolve alot quicker and the taste was not as over powering as the pills.Also very little got wasted by swallowing the saliva.Now here it is! maybe Im just paranoid,but I dont think i barely felt it.I took a whole 8mg strip.At first I was all excited because i herd they would probably be more potent,but Im not sure.Ill have a better idea 2moro when I take my first dose.But right now Im kinda skeptical.I really hope Im wrong about them.Ill post a reply 2morow and let you guys know

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:15 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I got the flm about ten days ago and they are definitely more potent n my opinion. I usually take 3 pills but find that I only need like one and a half of the strips. I really like them

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:23 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Yeah , I dont know.I might be jumping the gun.Im only judging on the amount of back pain Ive had the last couple of days.But I also have been doing some back breaking work the last couple days too.Maybe Im just paranoid!Overall I do like them better.Ill find out when I go to the pharmacy tomorrow.Im gonna buy one pill,take a strip in the am, and a pill in the pm,then I will know for sure.Thanks for the reply. Ill keep you posted!

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:17 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I can't wait to try them I'm going for back surgery a fusion when I heal I will get them keep us posted

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:34 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

i only dose once a day. in the morning. right now im taking 16 mg of film. i def get a relaxed feeling for awhile about 30 to 45 minutes after dosing. sub works wonders for my depression problems and anxiety. taking sub for addiction also helped me cut out cymbalta and the occasional benzo. so i can def say sub has helped me in more ways than one. btw my doc says it is def better to dose once a day instead of breaking up throughout the day because of the half life that is long. he said it works much better but i didnt ask him to elaborate all that much. does anyone here know anything about this. thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:15 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi subfilm1980 and welcome to the forum. The mean half-life of suboxone is 37 hours. Ideally, yes, it's best to dose only once daily, except for those (like myself) who are also treating chronic pain. Also when people taper down into the micrograms they usually dose twice daily. Anyway, the idea is to stop the habit of taking a pill (or popping something) when we feel bad, so we take our sub once a day and forget about it. Hope this helps! Again, welcome.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 6:32 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I agree with you guys,The subs work wonders for my depression and anxiety too! I just recently started dosing twice a day,but am gonna go back to just once in the morning.it worked well that way for me 4 a long time. And yeah,I thing I just over excerted myself at work earlier this week, because now The strips seem to be working just fine.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:26 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

so i take 16 mg a day...

usually, when you start out, atleast with my doctor, he starts people at my level taking halfs 4 times a day...this is so the addict in me still gets me "fix" mentally...which makes sense if you think about it...how many times did you use a day? for me it was about 5 times, so this worked out well...then after a couple weeks i switched to twice a day...and that seems to work out well...

my doctor told me that it is better to take them 2x a day so that you can get a better flow going and a good build up...

but it would make sense to me that eventually i should switch to once a day to break that addict mentality...even if it is only 2x a day...all about breaking out of those old habits...well not all about but definitely a major part

hope this helps!!

AOOOOWWWWWWW