It is currently Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:45 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: I got the film today.
PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:28 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

I know there are tons of these posts, but I figured I'd share my experience anyway. First of all with that 75 dollar savings card, I got 30 for 160 which is great. They dissolve much faster, but I still have massive amts of spit, so that didn't decrease for me. They taste pretty nasty still, imo. But, I like them much better than the tabs so far. I still have the spit in my mouth so I'll let you know what the absorption is like, if I notice a difference or not.

Of course there's such a thing as angels. Only sometimes they don't have wings... and we call them mothers. -Unknown

Post subject: film
PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:32 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I started tge fikms last week. I think the they awsome. So much better that tabs. Dissolve ao mich quicker. Plus it feels stronger. Don't taste bad. Its gone in a minute. I love them. Ill never go bck to the tabs. Never.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:27 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

I have to agree, the film is much stronger and easier to cut my doasge and dissoleves very quickly. I'm a huge fan.

Of course there's such a thing as angels. Only sometimes they don't have wings... and we call them mothers. -Unknown

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:09 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Ok....there are a bunch of these but some of it I forget really quickly. My doc prescribed the film today too but the pharmacy had to order it so I pick up tomorrow. How long do you have to keep the spit in your mouth then? Not 20 minutes right? Where do I get that coupon from? When I pick it up I want to get a deal. It only costs me $35 anyways but I want it FREE. :-)

Cherie

- Winston Churchill

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 7:59 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Jackcrack - you have to get the coupon from your doctor. I believe they get them from the pharmaceutical representative. I got mine yesterday as well. I just need to take it to the pharmacy today, then I'll give it a try myself.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:44 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I made a thread in dosing discussion but I'll paste it here. It pertains to holding the spit in etc... with this method, ideally very little medicine goes into it. I don't know if I'm crazy for doing this way but I can't really imagine letting it (the strip) sit in my overly saliva producing mouth. Hope it makes sense.. So this way no need to hold the spit in which is great.

glen bee wrote:
Hi guys,

I have been on the film for 1 week today (8mg). Since my first day what I have been doing is cutting the film in half & putting 1 piece on either side of my tongue and keeping my tongue raised out of the pool of saliva that develops. I have always had a problem with my saliva washing the meds away. I have been using a paper towel and lowering my head so the saliva drips out of my mouth when it gets too high. Maybe 5 times I dunk the tongue down to get it wet to help the strip dissolve. takes 15-20 mins to completely dissolve. I have been afraid to let my tongue sit in the saliva and get inconsistent doses.

Honestly I felt a little over-medicated the 1st 2 days but that has subsided. happy to cut my morning routine down considerably.

Just thought I'd share this. Wondering if anybody has any tips as more people start with the film...

-G

Last edited by glen bee on Fri Oct 08, 2010 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 5:05 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

RTL, I am not intending to hijack your thread here, but I just tried the film and I will tell you.....I don't like it. To me, it tastes WORSE. I actually liked the taste of suboxone. It never bothered me. Was like fruitloops. But this thing just tastes like medicine and nothing versus medicine and sugar. I like the medicine and sugar. It also immediately gave me a headache on the right side of my head. I didn't keep it in 20 minutes. It disolved in about 5 minutes and was so nasty I couldn't keep it in my mouth. I reminded me of the tail end of pill form when you have had spit in your mouth for 20 minutes and it is finally just too much. Ick! I do think I got a more stable dose but am not sure I like how that feels either.

Maybe I just don't like change. I was really looking forward to this however.

Cherie

- Winston Churchill

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 5:14 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

That sucks, Jackcrack. I know you said you were looking forward to the film. My pharmacy had to order mine, so I won't get them until Monday, so we'll see then. But I'm one of those people who don't care for the taste of the pills, so maybe it won't be so bad for me (I hope). Regardless, I still have a perfectly good script with refills for the tablets, if I don't like the film.

Let us know if it's a bit better tomorrow.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 5:24 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey I dont mean to be a hijacker either. I am just really excited about the film. I highly suggest trying the way I did it because I noticed the taste to be super nasty as well! With keeping my tongue elevated while it dissolves and getting rid of the saliva build-up while it's going on, I literally taste nothing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:39 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Cherie, my husband doesn't like the film either.....to each their own. the only thing I don't like about it is...the taste, but it dissolves much faster so I handle that much better....

and cutting it to taper my dose. i thought it would be easier than breaking an 8mg pill into 4 pieces, but since I wake up at 6 am to dose before my kids get up, I'm half asleep and cutting this tiny film into pieces which hasn't worked that well so far, but like anything else, I'm sure ill get used to it. It is more accurate for me, I just have to remember to cut it at night. and the absorbtion is so much better for me.

you weren't hijacking my thread! LOL It's totally cool. My husband has the SAME concerns you do Cherie!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 2:46 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Wow - I've never heard about the film! Interesting...

I am prescribed 16 mg a dat of the sublingual Suboxone. No insurance of course, so I'm paying retail approx $480 mo. fo these in Ohio.

What is the retail comparison if you have it. What is the prescription name so I can do research on it too.

This is great news!!

Thanks again guys!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:17 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

It's just called "Suboxone Film" and it is supposed to be the same price as the tablets. Ask your doctor for the coupon card that's good for $75 off your script each month until the end of March. Of course as with any medication, check each pharmacy for their price. Best of luck.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:40 am 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

At my CVS the 2mg Film is $1.00 less than the 2mg pill. Mike

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 5:49 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hi everyone. Ive been on the film now for about 10 days, and I kinda like it better. The taste is a bit more bitter than the pill,but thats ok. The thing for me is that I somehow feel like its not as strong! But maybe bcause Ive been on the pills for 3 years and im so used to them. i actually like the taste of them. I get my script from rite aid , and they had the coupon there. I already had one from my doc though, but u may be able to get the discount card from your pharmacy as well! The film cost the same as the pills for me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:08 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Well it has now been a few days and I think that this is something I can deal with. I do think I get a better dose but my mouth has to be fairly dry. My mouth will start watering right away and I just kind of extract that to the top of my tongue and hold the spit there so it doesn't ruin my dose. I keep super relaxed. Then I still let it sit as long as possible. I can taste that bitter medicinal taste until I eat something to get rid of it which SUCKS! BUT....once I think I have gotten the dose, if I put all that saliva back under my tongue and just hold it there for about 10 minutes, it seems to make a lot of that bitterness go away so when I swallow it isn't so bad. Unfortunately I am also concerned that might be ruining some of my absorbtion I would get otherwise. We shall see.

I don't like the higher dose as it makes me too awake. I need to adjust it if I don't get used to it soon. BUT, my feet don't hurt nearly as bad either so I do think I finally got the dose I need to get rid of the neuropathy.

RTL....in terms of cutting them, I bought a pair of nose hair scissors because they are tiny and fit in my purse. You might even be able to find a pair that fits in the script bottle. They are easier to cut with.

I do think that they are less messy, more accurate, stronger, easier to taper with. Easier to take just ONE with you when you go to work because you can't just put a free floating pill in there. So I think it is a lot easier to handle and I don't have to risk my script getting lost or stolen when it is in the house.

Cherie

- Winston Churchill

Post subject: new film
PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:34 am 
New Poster
New Poster

this is my first post but have been on bupe for 14mos the film(although i know their buying time on patent)
works 100% better locks right on to underside of tonge the extra saliva cut out by 90% from my experience
the taste a little bitter but other than that works great

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:05 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hey guys, glad to hear some of u like the film better. I think I will ask my sub doc about it at our up coming apt. I really hate the excess spit thing is it *always* happens. Keeping one's spit in for 40 minutes just downright crazy and blahh!! Has any one had an issue from their docs about switching to film?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:28 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

My dr. told me they are going to make a complete switch from the tablets to the film eventually. Next prescription I get will be the film. Me personally, I don't mind the tabs at all. I've gotten used to the taste and I don't think they're bad at all. The film does sound like it would be more effective and convenient so, I will look forward to that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:47 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

"My dr. told me they are going to make a complete switch from the tablets to the film eventually."

Your doctor is guessing, thinks that is what is going to happen, or is flat out making this up. If not, you should ask him where he is getting his information from. I'll bet you a dollar he just thinks this is the case. I have seen absolutely no "official" information that supports his statement - and neither has he.

I clearly understand you are just relaying what your Dr. told you. I am not at all trying to shoot the messenger here - just prevent your doctor's shot in the dark guess from becoming ipso facto information.

"My dr. told me [he thinks] they are going to make a complete switch from the tablets to the film eventually."

Doctors... what can you do with them? :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:03 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

No worries, Don. You're right I am just the messenger. In their minds, I feel they believe the film is truly better and more effective. So why not push for if that's what they feel is more beneficial.

Last edited by JasonM on Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.