It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:39 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:32 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I'm not here to debate. I came here for support and to speak with people in the same situation. I am an addict and been through so much in my life. I simply shared my experience. The dr. told me something and I passed it along for conversation. I wasn't looking to get called out for it. I didn't do hours and hours of research to see if it was true or not. And since when is the internet full of complete facts? Lol. It's not, and that's ok. You take it or leave it. If its not a fact don't believe it and move on. Cheers to all and keep up the good work on the way to recovery.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:50 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hello Jason and welcome to the forum. I don't think there was anything wrong with the way you worded what your doctor told you and I'm sorry that you felt "called out" for it. I hope you stick around and give and receive some support. Although you're right that the internet isn't full of facts, here we do strive to present accurate information, I think that's all that donh meant. Again - welcome!

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:57 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

JasonM wrote:
I'm not here to debate. I came here for support and to speak with people in the same situation. I am an addict and been through so much in my life. I simply shared my experience. The dr. told me something and I passed it along for conversation. I wasn't looking to get called out for it. I didn't do hours and hours of research to see if it was true or not. And since when is the internet full of complete facts? Lol. It's not, and that's ok. You take it or leave it. If its not a fact don't believe it and move on. Cheers to all and keep up the good work on the way to recovery.

My irony meter just exploded :lol:

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:15 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I hear ya about the accurate information part. I totally agree. Didn't mean to be oversensitive, was having one of those hyper emotional moments. It is very important to have factual info on something like this. Cheers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:45 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Yikes! I honestly was not "calling you out" Jason, which is precisely why I said "I clearly understand you are just relaying what your Dr. told you. I am not at all trying to shoot the messenger here." I don't know what else to say about that. I thought it was pretty clear. Then again, I do keep forgetting that my sarcasm often gets lost when translated to an Internet message board. I had actually written "Doctors..., can't live with them, can't live without them, can't shoot them." Damn good thing I deleted that, hey?

Whoops, I think I just did it again. Sorry Dr. J.

Thanks for trying to explain, Hat. Not everyone gets my humor, or attempts at.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:14 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

glen bee wrote:
I made a thread in dosing discussion but I'll paste it here. It pertains to holding the spit in etc... with this method, ideally very little medicine goes into it. I don't know if I'm crazy for doing this way but I can't really imagine letting it (the strip) sit in my overly saliva producing mouth. Hope it makes sense.. So this way no need to hold the spit in which is great.

glen bee wrote:
Hi guys,

I have been on the film for 1 week today (8mg). Since my first day what I have been doing is cutting the film in half & putting 1 piece on either side of my tongue and keeping my tongue raised out of the pool of saliva that develops. I have always had a problem with my saliva washing the meds away. I have been using a paper towel and lowering my head so the saliva drips out of my mouth when it gets too high. Maybe 5 times I dunk the tongue down to get it wet to help the strip dissolve. takes 15-20 mins to completely dissolve. I have been afraid to let my tongue sit in the saliva and get inconsistent doses.

Honestly I felt a little over-medicated the 1st 2 days but that has subsided. happy to cut my morning routine down considerably.

Just thought I'd share this. Wondering if anybody has any tips as more people start with the film...

-G

I think the way your melting is completely unnecessary and OCDish. Just take the film like you would take the tablet. Keeping the saliva in your mouth is stupid IMO as well. All I ever did was put the film or tablets under my tongue and swallowed the saliva as it would develop. This causes the pills or film to dissolve slower than letting the "juices" build up. The way that I see it, the correct way to take sub is to consistent, meaning take it the same way every time you take it, and the best way to take it is the most comfortable way, which is the way myself and most others take it. Does it really matter to get "more" out of the dose. "Painting it', 'letting the juices build up,'" may cause better absorption, but why would you want better absorption anyway, since the extra sub won't do shit anyway. The best dose is the smallest dose.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:49 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I believe he's going for maximum absorption, which includes holding the saliva in one's mouth. Many people on this forum do it this way, as even though part of it has dissolved, there's still medicine in the saliva. Getting maximum absorption is important because then a person can go to a lower dose tablet. I don't know the numbers but I believe the bio-availability via sublingual dosing is low. Getting to a lower dose can save a person money, as many are paying cash for their prescription.

But this is just my take on it.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:09 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I've taken sub every which way and it really doesn't make a difference unless you snort it. I've painted it on the roof of my mouth and gargled it...held it in the dr. junig said, I've held in the saliva like glenn did and like many do, and I've taken it like the vast majority have taken it..by swallowing the saliva as it develops. From what I've noticed, at least to me, it doesn't change it...unless you were on a super low dose (0.5-1.0mg).

I'm not trying to preach the best way to take sub, but what I do want to preach is it is important to take sub the same way everytime you take it, preferably at the same time as well. So if you paint or hold it the saliva...you should do that every time you take it.

Personally, I've always liked to take sub while I sleep. I usually wake up at least one time to urinate because I drink a lot of water. I take my dose and go back to sleep usually an hour before my alarm goes off.

The film actually makes this easier because the film adheres to the bottom of your tongue as if it were glued on. So it doesn't slip and slide all over the place like the tablet can. Your mouth produces less saliva when you sleep so it dissolves really slow for great absorption.

I like waking up feeling my best as if I were "normal." It creates that illusion more or less that I don't take opiates. My goal is to forget I take sub and begin my taper again.

I take 2mg now. The film is a blessing for me because I suffered from occasionally snorting binges which have destroyed my recovery. I never relapsed to full agonists but snorting sub multiple times a day is reinforcing the old behaviors.

The film gave me the chance to move on again...almost as if I was re-inducted to Suboxone all over again. I'm very glad they came out with the film.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:55 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Mike T you are correct, I forgot to put a disclaimer on my post. totally unnecessary to do the way i described. I agree with what you said about same way every time too- very important.

g

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:57 pm 
For those of you who didn't get the coupon from your doctors, you can get it on the RB website, Suboxone.com
If you visit that site you will definately get the impression that they are phasing out the tabs completely.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:25 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

"If you visit that site you will definately get the impression that they are phasing out the tabs completely."

Actually the impression that I get is they are in an all out marketing campaign to try to switch people off of a product for which they no longer have exclusive control over to a product for which they do. I don't think it is anything more than that. This type of thing goes on all of the time. In fact, Dr. Junig has written about it as well. This is nothing more than BR being a company trying to make money. And there is nothing wrong with that. More power to them, I guess. I would just not at all worry that the tablets are going anywhere. So long as there are patients who want them and will purchase them, SOMEONE will make them. This is just marketing.

I just wish someone would come out with a generic Suboxone at about half the price - AND SOON! -

P L E A S E ! ! ! ! ! !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:16 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Donh is correct. It's just marketing. Remember folks, drug companies do not take the Hippocratic Oath. Their primary purpose is simple: make money. That is what they exist for. And that is what they will try to do. The do not, nor will they ever, care about anyone other than their shareholders. Where I come from, they call this an unmitigated fact.

Obviously, pushing the film is in their best financial interests.

But I do NOT think the tablets will be going anywhere any time soon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:38 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Jackcrack wrote:
RTL, I am not intending to hijack your thread here, but I just tried the film and I will tell you.....I don't like it. To me, it tastes WORSE. I actually liked the taste of suboxone. It never bothered me. Was like fruitloops. But this thing just tastes like medicine and nothing versus medicine and sugar. I like the medicine and sugar. It also immediately gave me a headache on the right side of my head. I didn't keep it in 20 minutes. It disolved in about 5 minutes and was so nasty I couldn't keep it in my mouth. I reminded me of the tail end of pill form when you have had spit in your mouth for 20 minutes and it is finally just too much. Ick! I do think I got a more stable dose but am not sure I like how that feels either.

Maybe I just don't like change. I was really looking forward to this however.

Cherie

We all have our habbits which makes change not fun. I think the only difference is they disolve much quicker obviously. Like everything else once you take them enough you will get used to it... Hang in there..