It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:15 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Got high after detox
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:03 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I went to detox for seven days I was given a subtext taper. I was supposed to go to rehab in Paterson but when I arrived there they turned me down. I bought heroin right after and used three different doses until 11pm (last dose) last night. It is now 5 pm. I have suboxone. When should I dose?

Post subject: Re: Got high after detox
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:04 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

*dose suboxone* I am getting back on suboxone

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:15 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

When and what was your last dose of buprenorphine? What did you experience with the heroin? If not much then you would still have had some buprenorphine still hanging around, it should be ok to dose the Suboxone since you had not fully occupied your receptors with the heroin.
Do you have plans for getting a prescription and program?
If I remember right you have posted here before and are familiar with Suboxone.

Quote:
detox for seven days I was given a subtext taper
#%@* What a recipe for failure, not blaming you, a blatant failure of the system (malpractice?)

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:56 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

HI Frank,

What a bummer about the rehab thing. it would of been such a smooth transition for you to go from Detox to Rehab. Good thing you do have subs with you,. I would def get back on the subs as soon as possible. Start off small (4mg ) and see how you feel. and go from there. Do you have a month supply? or just a few?

I really would recommend going to a monthly Sub doctor from here on out. it really helps to check in with a doctor /counselor every month to see how your doing and dosing questions etc.

It is just way too tempting to go back on our "drug of choice" when there are so many triggers around us.

Getting back on Subs...Keeping the cravings away and in check is the way to go.

Let us know how your doing?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:04 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

FrankM,

I see you haven't checked in for a few days according to your profile info. Sure hope you didn't OD and left this earth way too soon.

Be a nice addict and let us know you're still alive and trying to kick it. Read most of your posts and IMO you are a prime example of someone flirting with death. We won't know if you die unless a family member posts under your name. When we don't hear from you we (or me) think the worst.

An update would be nice.

Stay up top!

BD

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:41 am 

Hi Frank, I noticed that you live in NJ. Not sure what part, but message me! I have a Doctor that I love and would be happy to give you her name. Hope you are well! Please post and let us know how you are doing!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:10 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hi Michelle

Not sure if you saw my previous post but my old doctor who was amazing retired and i got stuck with a new one who has already missed one of my appointments with no heads up. So i drive the hour drive only to find out he changed his days in the office. A call would have been nice.

Anyways I'm looking for a doctor closer to home, I'm in essex county in NJ. Where is this doctor located and would you mind giving me his/her name? I've been stable on suboxone for 10 years and am doing a very slow taper. I am depending on my stash to get me thru but i've hit a wall with tapering and now afraid I am not going to be able to do it.

So i need to get another doctor but i've been spoiled with a wonderful caring doctor who helped me fight thru the first couple of years of relapses and all the anguish and anger that goes with it. He was strict but he cared about all his patients so much.

So if your doctor is in my area and is one of the good ones, i would love to give them a call

Thanks!