It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:55 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 1:06 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

On Thursday evening, April 28th, my beloved ACD, (Australian Cattle Dog), fell asleep on the sofa and began her journey to the Rainbow Bridge. After fifteen-ish long and happy years, she crawled up onto the sofa and passed away peacefully in her sleep in her favorite spot. I'm very thankful that she seemed to go peacefully and that she didn't seem to suffer, she had a good apatite the day before, and she was weak, but still managed to let us know when she needed outside. So, I guess it was one of those things when the animal decides it's ready to go. I was dreading having to make 'the appointment' for her having also lost two of my cats some years back, so, I was halfway hoping maybe she'd be able to pass away quietly at home, surrounded by family and familiar things, and that's exactly what happened. If she'd continue to languish I, of course, would have made the dreaded, yet often necessary 'appointment'. Anyway, we were so lucky to have had her with us for those fifteen years.

"Clover" 2002-2016

I adopted Clover from our local animal shelter when she was about seven weeks. She was a very cute, happy puppy, very playful, always nipping our heels or herding the other animals all over the place. When she was a young dog she loved to leap over our fence like a gazelle and high-foot it a few houses down where she'd play with their dog and get a treat from the home's humans. She had one litter of puppies after a wayward pit bull found his way into our backyard, six puppies at first, the runt died, and they were all adorable. They had her body and floppy ears, (handlebar ears!), and the father's beige coat. All were found good homes. One female went to live with a relative and she named the puppy Fancy. Fancy proceeded Clover to the Rainbow Bridge after having succumbed to brain cancer several years ago. After all the puppies were gone we had Clover fixed immediately, but, the mother instinct had set. After we brought another puppy home, a rowdy black lab named Shadow, Clover took to mothering him, and for the rest of her life they weren't away from each's side for long. As an adult in her senior years, Clover was a very well-behaved, loyal dog, always near me, always happy to see me. Many afternoons were spent with me with my nose in a book and Clover laying by my feet with Shadow next to Clover. I named her Clover because I thought she was lucky I'd decided to visit the shelter that day to adopt a dog, but, now, I'm thinking it's me who's been the lucky one to have had such a good dog for so long. She'll be missed by every life she touched.
She will be met by the Rainbow Bridge by her feline sisters, Imzadi and Flukie, and by her daughter Fancy, all of whom preceded her in the journey.

Thank you for reading!

Attachment:
WIN_20160121_150939.JPG
WIN_20160121_150939.JPG [ 97.14 KiB | Viewed 436 times ]

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 1:50 am 

I'm sorry for the loss of your beloved Clover. :(

Amy

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 4:34 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Oooh Clover you one a-mazing friend, you will be missed! :)

Your post literally made me cry as I miss my dog so very much (I moved abroad so I can't take him). My dog is also a cattle dog. Clover is in a glorious place now reunited with all her loved ones who arrived before her. What a beautiful picture of her!! She is such a sweetheart I can tell. I'm sorry for how hard it must be without her. These walking hearts with four feet called "dogs" are one of the most amazing creatures and I can't imagine what it must be like to say goodbye to one. How wonderful that she had a peaceful and dignified death, that is all anyone can ever hope for!

May Clover rest in peace :)

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 12:31 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Dogs are so cool... I'm sorry for your loss. My two canine boys-- eddie and gus-- give their best too.

Attachments:
File comment: Eddie J
ed.jpg
ed.jpg [ 26.74 KiB | Viewed 421 times ]
File comment: Gus J
gus.jpg
gus.jpg [ 25.86 KiB | Viewed 421 times ]

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 1:22 pm 

RIP Clover, gorgeous dog too! I know it hurts but it happened so peacefully and at home....couldn't have went better.

Dr J ur doggies are so cute also. The second pic, Gus, reminds me of my 9 yr old white miniature poodle Saidee. She got ran over after escaping outside, that was 6 yrs ago and I can't bring myself to get another dog.

Losing an animal is hard!

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 6:32 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

RIP Clover!

I'm so sorry for your loss, I recently lost my cat of 16 years, I can relate to your pain. I have a 6 year old golden named Penny and she is such a joy. They say dogs are the only living creatures on earth that love you more than they love themselves. I truly believe that!

Clover had a great life and left this world surrounded by comfort and love. My heart breaks for you, but I'm also filled with joy at knowing Clover will be waiting for you to meet again someday. I hope you find peace and comfort during this hard time.

We all send our love.

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 9:53 pm 

Let me ask a technical question. Did you guys have to compress the size of your dog pictures before you were able to post them? Any time I've tried to share a picture, I always get a message that the picture is too many mbs to fit.

Amy

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 10:34 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Amy I have the same problem. I tried sharing a bunch of different pics of my doggie but it said they were all too big. :(

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 1:06 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Thank you guys for all your heartfelt words. They really do help. Doc, your little furry friends are beautiful. Thank you sharing! ❤

My sweet girls; Hermione & Ginny. My little adopted fur-babies since summer 2013! ^__^

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 9:46 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Loribug, i use irfanview (the free program on may download sites) and then under the 'image' column I select 'resize/resample' and then click on 'half'-- then if it still takes up the entire page I do it again. I usually end up with something about 150 megabytes in size.

I don't know if file compression would work, because I don't know if the forum has an uncompressing program.

Another way to do it would be using a cell phone-- if you email the photo to yourself, it will ask you the quality of image you want to send, which controls the file size.

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 9:43 pm 

Nice touch Skayda with the cute picture and story of your rescue dog. We are dog lovers here in my house too and like you, we go to shelters and pick one that way. Our third, Scooby, is the smartest darn dog I've ever had. There is no need for words as he can communicate very well by showing us what he needs or wants. Love mostly as he is a lap dog that looks very much like Dr. Junig's dog, Gus.

I use a Windows program called Photoscape that is a free download. Very user friendly and has the reduce size function. No idea for a Mac/Apple product.

Your Australian sheep dog is a breed that bonds very deeply with their human and are extremely smart and protective. They seem to like women best IMO. I'm so sorry for your loss of Clover. We've now lost 4 dogs in 24 years and know the intense pain of grief. Our first two were pups from a reputable breeder of Welsh Corgi's. They both lived long lives. After that we started adopting older dogs that other people wouldn't take home. So we end up giving them a great forever home but only have them for 5 years or less. (so far)

There better be a Rainbow Bridge! Dogs are the best companion of mankind and have been by our side for over 25,000 years now. All they want is a love filled home where no one will abuse them. Grrrrrr, that subject makes me very mad.

My condolences to you and here's a pic of our Scooby. He is part Corgi, Jack Russel, and some other type of terrier. His ears stick up from his Corgi part. FYI, nothing against kitty cats, my wife is allergic to them. I love them too.

Losing a pet dog is hard. Grieve and carry on.

rule

Attachments:
Scooby 003.JPG
Scooby 003.JPG [ 87.19 KiB | Viewed 390 times ]

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 5:51 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I'm so sorry to hear your beautiful clover has passed. It is never easy to deal with the emptiness left behind from our precious darlings. The pain for me at least, has always been excruciating.

Attachments:
File comment: Baby!!
image.jpeg
image.jpeg [ 240.17 KiB | Viewed 378 times ]

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 12:49 pm 

Rule such a cutie pie doggy u have!

Katipo ur doggy reminds me of my saidee that passed away only she was white. I know I keep mentioning her but I miss her so much. She was 9 yrs old when she passed away and that was right in the middle of my active addiction. It really hit me after I started recovery because up until then I was numb from using. Every dog reminds me of her in some way. Losing a pet is horrible and so heartbreaking. But Katipo that's a cutie patootie!

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 10:28 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Hi skayda I must apologize, I first saw the heading of your thread awhile ago and figured it was something like this but didn't have the guts to read, I finally had to. I am oh so sorry for your loss, no words can describe. Good bless you for being her mommy for so many years. You are in my prayers.

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 1:13 am 
New Poster
New Poster

skayda wrote:
On Thursday evening, April 28th, my beloved ACD, (Australian Cattle Dog), fell asleep on the sofa and began her journey to the Rainbow Bridge. After fifteen-ish long and happy years, she crawled up onto the sofa and passed away peacefully in her sleep in her favorite spot. I'm very thankful that she seemed to go peacefully and that she didn't seem to suffer, she had a good apatite the day before, and she was weak, but still managed to let us know when she needed outside. So, I guess it was one of those things when the animal decides it's ready to go. I was dreading having to make 'the appointment' for her having also lost two of my cats some years back, so, I was halfway hoping maybe she'd be able to pass away quietly at home, surrounded by family and familiar things, and that's exactly what happened. If she'd continue to languish I, of course, would have made the dreaded, yet often necessary 'appointment'. Anyway, we were so lucky to have had her with us for those fifteen years.

"Clover" 2002-2016

I adopted Clover from our local animal shelter when she was about seven weeks. She was a very cute, happy puppy, very playful, always nipping our heels or herding the other animals all over the place. When she was a young dog she loved to leap over our fence like a gazelle and high-foot it a few houses down where she'd play with their dog and get a treat from the home's humans. She had one litter of puppies after a wayward pit bull found his way into our backyard, six puppies at first, the runt died, and they were all adorable. They had her body and floppy ears, (handlebar ears!), and the father's beige coat. All were found good homes. One female went to live with a relative and she named the puppy Fancy. Fancy proceeded Clover to the Rainbow Bridge after having succumbed to brain cancer several years ago. After all the puppies were gone we had Clover fixed immediately, but, the mother instinct had set. After we brought another puppy home, a rowdy black lab named Shadow, Clover took to mothering him, and for the rest of her life they weren't away from each's side for long. As an adult in her senior years, Clover was a very well-behaved, loyal dog, always near me, always happy to see me. Many afternoons were spent with me with my nose in a book and Clover laying by my feet with Shadow next to Clover. I named her Clover because I thought she was lucky I'd decided to visit the shelter that day to adopt a dog, but, now, I'm thinking it's me who's been the lucky one to have had such a good dog for so long. She'll be missed by every life she touched.
She will be met by the Rainbow Bridge by her feline sisters, Imzadi and Flukie, and by her daughter Fancy, all of whom preceded her in the journey.

Thank you for reading!

Attachment:
WIN_20160121_150939.JPG

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 1:18 am 
New Poster
New Poster

:( R.I.P CLOVER
LOVE CHLOE

Attachments:
IMG_5479.JPG
IMG_5479.JPG [ 110.29 KiB | Viewed 336 times ]

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 12:21 am 

Nicky is starting to go blind and he's having aches and pains here and there. He is 12 years old. It's so hard to say goodbye... The picture is of my hubby btw with Nicky.

Attachments:
4.jpg
4.jpg [ 53.26 KiB | Viewed 319 times ]

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 9:38 am 

Awww Amy how incredibly sweet and adorable! It is hard to say goodbye to ur furry best bud. Ur hubby is cute too ;)

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 12:55 pm 

Yup, my husband is a cutie, though very obviously bald. :) It's those dimples! Of course I have better pictures of him, but that's the best picture I have of Mr. Nicks!

Thanks Jen!

Amy

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 8:51 pm 

Yes, I too was afraid to read this thread as I knew that I would be in tears! I love dogs and would probably have one if we did not rent and live on the second floor. My first true love though is Ragdolls! I have always been a cat person, even as an infant! We lived with a woman who had many! My Mom would put me on a blanket, on the floor and the cats would be all around me! Growing up, I was never without at least one to call my own! My last guy, Alex was a rescue and a Ragdoll He was the most sweetest and gentle cat that I have ever had! He passed away two years ago this July from brain cancer. We now have Sebastian who is a Ragdoll that we adopted from a breeder in Kentucky. He is my baby and the love of our lives! My husband, although, not always admitting to it, loves him too! He is now nine months old and twenty pounds! Yes, Raggies are BIG cats! His dad is thirty five pounds! So, all of this to get to the very important point that I have absolutely no doubt that they are there waiting for us when we get to heaven! Skayda, I hope your wonderful memories of Clover give you much comfort!

Attachments:
FB_IMG_1452475126287.jpg
FB_IMG_1452475126287.jpg [ 4.28 MiB | Viewed 306 times ]