It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:51 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:12 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hello Forum,

Some of you know me from my stalking other sections here. Mainly I wanted to come to this introduction section to say thanks to all for the posts that go up here and wonderful show of support. I was using these post (and other avenues such as therapy and maintenance meds) to muster the courage to finally admit I have a problem and do something about it. A problem I knew about but refused through my mastery of denial to admit.

So earlier this week, the words finally escaped my mouth that I am an addict. A very profound and personal moment and to say the least, liberating. The power of that liberation has given me the strength I need to move on from my ways and say goodbye to substance that was controlling me for 14 years.

To get to this point, I had to arm myself with tons of ammunition, one of them being maintenance meds - in my case a full antagonist. That and a certain level of trust in people around me including this forum to realize that with help, it can be done.

I hope that someone else stalking can realize that the world is a much bigger and more beautiful place and it will feel that way the moment you admit to yourself and others that you need help!

Thanks to all ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:14 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

I know how you feel, it took me a long time to say those words too. Once I did, I had strength. Good for you, and stay tough!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:58 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for panpacific!!! (I love your avatar!!)

Congratulations on the big step forward. I wish you nothing but success.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 2:43 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Romeo, you area crack up - but more importantly a super cool dude (with a cool avatar). Pugmommy - thank so much and you keep going strong, like romeo said, it's a giant leap alright!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:13 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I AM CORNHOLIO, ARE YOU THREATENING ME??

I need TP for my bung-hole.

Ah yes, Beavis and Butthead, gotta love 'em. When their new episodes came on this past October, my 12 year old daughter would walk up to me and ask, "dad, are you watching those two stupid kids again?" I guess their humor is an acquired humor? :lol:

So, have you thought about any AA/NA or SMART recovery, I'm not necessarily suggesting any of these, just curious?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:07 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

If you love beavis and butthead, then you gotta love Mike Judge's movies (office space, idiocracy, extract) - classic classic classic. If your daughter were like my boys, you'd understand it ain't acquired humor, they love em.

I have been thinking about support groups, it is good for me to talk but I seem to be getting enough from my therapist...I think. I'm also apprehensive about support groups since there are many accounts of hostility towards maintenance meds. We'll see how this full antagonist goes. So far, day 2 actually. I had to power through 2 weeks of hell to get here. I had them in my hand a week ago and that helped the second half.

I read somewhere you posted some time ago the problem lack of motivation. Amazingly, day 2, I feel motivated to get out, do things around the house, plan things etc. It is a welcome change in attitude - right now I'm a pretty enthused!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:55 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

ya you guys" and congr pavpac". people like us with a very strong sense of humor possibly would not be here right now " but are humor being so strong is also are intelligent qualities and prevents us from other diseases and keeps a srong relationship with some one who makes sense :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:15 am 
now a days everyone feelings like that..................so great...............................