It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:55 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:39 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hi guys am been on the films for a week its been a great but all the salvia is driving me nuts I use to be on subutex a few years ago and it wasn't that bad am just asking is there a better way without compromising the use plz help ! !

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:07 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Taking it right away in the morning when you wake up before brushing your teeth is a good way, your mouth is at its driest and even after a half hour sometimes my mouth still has barely any saliva. Thats not always feasible though since people dose at different times, although theres really now way to keep the saliva at bay you can keep your dose out of it by placing the film strip onto the inside of your cheek or you can put it in bewteen your lip and gums like chew. I take subutex now but when I was on the films years ago I would do the cheek/lip method and sometimes Id just put it on the end of my tongue and elevate it to keep it out of the saliva and I would paint it around my cheeks, roof of my mouth etc and it worked well. Its to bad bupe can't just be swallowed because the way you have to dose with it makes it too much of a ritual where you have to devote at least 20 minutes of your day to holding it under your tongue. The part that pisses me off the most though is when I just put my dose in my mouth and like 2 seconds later the stupid phone rings or someone in my family starts asking me a question and even though I told them a million times "hey if you ask me something and I don't answer and point to my mouth Im not trying to be rude I just can't talk or else it will waste it" they get an offended look and I usually end up trying to talk and then I feel like it was wasted and that I have to do it over again.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:53 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Put the film ON your tongue, then push it with your tongue against the inside, upper part of your cheek. Spread some there and transfer the rest to the upper cheek on the other side. Put it high enough so that the flow of saliva from under the tongue doesn't get to it. You can then let it sit there, talk, swallow.... and it will get absorbed as it dissolves and slides down the cheek.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 3:58 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Hi, I have been on Suboxone for almost 2 years now. I have tried everything (Not IV) and i have found a good way. Put the films inside your bottom lip, you can place it low so that the film sits on the gum below your teeth. It's a good spot and allows good bioabsorbability.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:33 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

When I switched to film I had a few issues come up.Film would move around then stick in wrong place.

I put a film in place like a contact lens.Hold it where you want it stuck for about 1 second it'll be stuck and won't move even if you try to flush it out with water.

If you don't want to try new ways using Sub films you can use breath freshning strips to practice with.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:01 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

*edit* sorry for dredging up an old post....

Wow, I hope I haven't been taking my Suboxone strips WRONG all this time. I thought 5 min anywhere under the tongue was all that was needed. I do drink liquid before I take my dose and then stick under my tongue. Once it sticks it doesn't move then when it breaks down I swallow the saliva containing the medicine. Is this incorrect? Should I just not swallow for 20 min? It never occurred to me I may be taking my medicine incorrectly.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 3:02 pm 

Well...yes and no..

Its more like good, better, best..tben theres wroug
wroug is poppin in your mouth the just swollowing.
you did t do this, however, since bupe is so stroug it still worked for you even though you swollowed quiky..

I do this as dr junig an others here suggest.
i DO NOT wet my mouth.
dry as possable it better. Why? Becuz you want this med in you mouth as loug as it can be.
Under the toug till it breaks down abit then PAINT it all over the inside of your mouth. The .ore surface you cover inside your mouth the more medicine will get inside your bloodstream..so...if your useing films this is a fast way of doing this and remember the drier the mouth the better..i hold it in for 15 tops..
hope this helps

Raz

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:17 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Oh wow...thx. I usually swallow after about 5 min after placing under the tongue, once i begin to taste that citrus like medicine taste. I will work on not swallowing so soon and "painting" it with my tongue. If it'll EXTEND the effectiveness of the medicine then I'll definitely try it.