It is currently Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:50 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 5:26 am 
New Poster
New Poster

I have been an opiate addict since late 2004, finally in Feb of 2013 I got in a really great program I dont pay a thing to see doc and get treatment. Since I have been on suboxone my life has changed for the best.
I started on 2 strips a day and then in less than three months I got down to a half or a quarter of the 8mg/2mg subs. But my problem is they are wanting me to get off of it completely by my 18 month area. I dont want to get off of it because my mental health has improved very much and I get a big boost of energy too to help me get through the day. I am unemploye and is tdying to get ssi. My parents help me get my meds. So I dont think I will find another free place like this I go to. Any suggestions u have for me maybe to tell the doc or my therapist about this issue I have. Thanks doc or anyone else that responds.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 4:18 pm 

I don't want to advocate dishonesty, but when the people with the power are acting capriciously with your recovery sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.

If I were in your situation, I would do the taper as the doctor suggested, and the next time you go in, talk about how you started craving your drug of choice and almost relapsed. At that point it would a little irresponsible for your doctor to keep you tapering. That doesn't mean it will definitely work, but it could. At the most, however, you are probably just buying yourself some time.

I don't want to come off as judgmental, but is there a legitimate reason that you can't try to find work and are instead trying to get ssi? You'd have more options with finding a new doctor if you were more financially able to pay for it. There are doctors out there who see sub as a long term treatment, but you may need money to see them.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

Amy