It is currently Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:34 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: A good read
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:27 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I found this today.
Im so glad this man's mother had the COURAGE to post this. It served (for me) as a good reminder, of how I need to stay scared of my past. I can so relate, to so MUCH, of what he went thru. I havent read a lot of it yet, but plan to.

I just had to share.

http://mydeadsonsjournals.wordpress.com ... cribe-blog

That's TRUE STRENGTH
http://almostoneyearclean.blogspot.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:37 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Wow Amber, this is great! I love it. I have a question. The last journal entry I see from Matt is July 26th I think of 2009. His mom said that these are the journal writings of the last year of his life. He died September 1, 2010. Do you know if she is still adding entries or isthat it??? I hope not... I want to read MORE!!! It is so scary to think of where I could have ended up in my addiction. I am so grateful that I landed where I have.

This really is a must read!! Thanks again Amber!

Post subject: This is Matt's mom
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:25 am 
New Poster
New Poster

Hi, noticed the clicks from your site and got curious. I see your question about if I am going to post more of Matt's journal. I try to post one a day if I can. I have around one year of posts and have only entered a couple of weeks so far. I have never blogged before, so this is very new. Please let me know if the page is confusing, hard to navigate, or needs something. Thanks for the views as I would really like others to benefit from Matt's story. The journals were a real gift to me, but what they contain seems to be somthing that would help the world understand prescription addiction better. Thanks so much. If you would like me to post a blog roll with this site's link, just let me know. I wouldn't do it without your permission though as I am unsure if this would help certain groups or not. I in no way want Matt's story to encourage or depress anyone currently struggling with addiction. I just want people to see that addicts are real people, often more real than most.
Matt's mom Jane

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:56 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hello Jane, and thank you so much for dropping in on us!!!! I am so sorry for your loss. I cannot even begin to tell you how many times I've cried so far reading his journal. It's like reading my own mind. You are doing such a great thing by publishing this. So many parents of addicts have no idea how thier child is really feeling. They think that we enjoy our addiction or that we want to be there. It's so not true. Every single day that I woke up, I felt like I didnt' want to live because I hated hated hated being an addict. I was not raised that way, and was never even exposed to drugs. My first drug was a legal prescription after surgery. It's crazy the people it affects. This disease definitely does not discriminate.

I don't think that you have to worry about encouraging anyone to use or depressing anyone with Matt's story. I believe if anything, you may save a suffering addicts life. Probably more than one if enough people spread the word about it. I think it's a blessing to be able to read it. I can't wait to read more in fact. Thank you thank you thank you so much for this gift. It is such a private thing, and I know that Matt is happy that you are doing this.

I love that you add your thoughts behind a lot of the journal entries. That's a plus to the site. It doesn't seem hard to navigate at all! And I am technologically ignorant for the most part! LOL If you look at the original poster of this thread, Amber4.14.11, she has a link to her blog under her signature. So, what you are doing could only help people. Just like what Amber is doing. If you only save one persons life, then it was worth it in my eyes. Thanks again Jane, and keep coming back to visit anytime you'd like!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:05 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi Jane (matt's mom)

I really do congratulate you, on being able to post his journals. Im so sorry he was taken from you. No, Ive not been thru what you have, but I have watched my grandmother, lose her son, at 36, with some of the same issues. And I do know how everyday she thinks of him, and I know she hurts, everyday.

Anyways, I really do think you are doing much more than you realise, by posting his journals. People like my mom, who cant even fatham what/why/how an addict thinks, or what goes thru theyre heads, when they are making decisions having to do with 'getting pills' for instance. She is supportive of me, but like I said, this blog can really give someone an inside look, at what we (have) been thru.

And, to the struggling addict, it may give them that last lil push to seek treatment.
you never know.

So, I commend you on your courage.
You are definitely making his spirit live on, in the best way possible.

amber

That's TRUE STRENGTH
http://almostoneyearclean.blogspot.com/