It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:10 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:44 am 
Hello,
I wanna say thanks to the last person who told me to really listen th "setmefree", which I do and have in fact, done. I actually took alot of Suboxone info into the counselors office, last week. He's on my side, by the way. He too believes that it's the right thing for "me".

Here's the main problem, one I don't see getting over on, or getting through. It's how this Outpatient Drug Treatment program (9 mos., combined with the court, in lieu of a felony charge) will not allow a person to be on ANY mind-altering, or better yet, any substance with a, "potential for abuse". As you all know, I could go in the other room right now and take 5 extra pills, and nothing is gonna happen!

My main frustration? It's almost 2010, and it's beyond my imagination how these counselors can't/don't/aren't mandated to keep up with medicines, new therapies, and the over-all best healthcare for any individual who walks in the door to get better. Like a person recently told me...recovery and a quality of life all done legal with the help of doctors and AA/NA, or, a junkie thief who's living every day just trying to cope, and trying to get by, which most times means theft and leads to the unneeded filling of jails with people like myself...a person with a disease, who only needs the help he was already getting. Getting on his own, by the way. Sorry for rambling, thank you for listening, Christopher.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 8:18 pm 
Hey Christopher! You know I am sending all good thoughts your way for your meeting tomorrow!
You sound like an intelligent, well-spoken individual so just go in there confident, knowing you've done nothing wrong and believe the best case scenario will come to pass!
You know I could not agree with you more. As I have mentioned in previous posts - if I would have had the option of using Suboxone as part of my treatment program I would still be practicing in the career I loved, would still have a decent income, and not carry near as much shame regarding my disease. I would be that much further in my recovery. Instead of feeling all this fear about wondering if I'll ever get my license back, if I can ever quit Sub which would almost certainly be a recipe for disaster. It just all sucks!
I won't get into a bunch of blaming - I am where I am because of my own poor choices. And I sense that you too accept responsibility for the mess you got yourself into. But we absolutely cannot do a single thing about the past. All we can do is move forward, stop making poor choices and one day at a time put our lives back together. We get that! Just don't box us in and force us to do it 'your' way, the way that hasn't worked for us for God's sakes! We have found something that works and we prove it works every day that we don't relapse and don't break the law, etc, etc.! It's working - as my daddy often said - "if it aint broke, don't fix it!!!"
Let us know how it goes!