It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:40 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: good mood
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:04 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

hey every one i was curious if any body get s happy when they take their subs meaing like in a reall good mood etc, im not saying actually high but just in a good mood all my firends that are on them say they feel the same after they take them soo im curious if anybody else feels the same way Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:43 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey Kevin,

Some people have said that after taking their sub they get a sort of burst of energy for a while. Is it like that for you, too? Personally, I don't feel a thing. I feel the same before as I do after I take mine. If not for the nasty-ass taste, I wouldn't even know I took mine. :D

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:01 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

It definitely impacts my mood for a few hours after I first take it. It also seems to help me focus on my work.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:11 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

yea im with hat i dont notice anything. but then again ive been on sub for 4 years now so im sure i might of had these feelings when i first got started. But now its basicly my normal pill if i dont take it by a certain time i start to feel real shitty and my knee pain will become very very tight and painfull.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:21 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

The first few times I took my sub I definitely felt high. I mean I could feel it 'kick in' and the whole 9 yards. After being on it for a while that noticeable 'high' disappeared, but being the good addict that I was I had convinced myself that they would get me high and so they did.

It's kind of hard to explain...I looked forward to my doses every day and after I took them I was absolutely in a better mood...but I think it was all in my head. Like Pavlovs dog, I had conditioned myself to expect to be high so I was?? (not that Pavlov was getting his dogs stoned :) )

Another thing it could be is the fact that Buprnorphine has been shown to have anti-depressant effects, this may be what is happening?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:24 pm 
Yea its probably the anti depressant effect you mentioned, even tho the effect is very minimal and in no way resembles a real opiate high I do get a little lift in my mood. I think it mostly has to do with I have depression so I notice it more because of that, I do get a little energy boost like junkie said also but it only lasts a short while then later on in the day Im usualy pretty tired from it. Subs are weird they dont get you high but they do have a certain "glow" to them if you realy concentrate on it while you are laying down in bed and have a cigarette, it can kind of put me in that half asleep/half awake mode to a small extent but its nothing like a full agonist, its hard for me to explain. Sometimes it realy frustates me that they dont feel like full agonists but I did get on them to get off drugs so i have to keep reminding myself. On occasion I will think to myself that i want to switch to methadone so I can feel opiated again but thats just the addict in me wanting to feel a buzz again. I will say tho that if something happened that i couldnt afford the subs anymore i would definitely switch to methadone maintenance and I wouldnt feel bad about it either.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:48 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

puts me in a great mood for a few hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:10 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Romeo wrote:
The first few times I took my sub I definitely felt high. I mean I could feel it 'kick in' and the whole 9 yards. After being on it for a while that noticeable 'high' disappeared, but being the good addict that I was I had convinced myself that they would get me high and so they did.

It's kind of hard to explain...I looked forward to my doses every day and after I took them I was absolutely in a better mood...but I think it was all in my head. Like Pavlovs dog, I had conditioned myself to expect to be high so I was?? (not that Pavlov was getting his dogs stoned :) )

Another thing it could be is the fact that Buprnorphine has been shown to have anti-depressant effects, this may be what is happening?

Yea i agree when i first started sub i would get high as hell that lasted for a lil bit. would look foward to my dose every day. But the deeper i got into my recovery the more and more it became less noticeable. And the thing i love about suboxone once this happen being a addict i would think to take more but then i rember with subs ceiling affect it would just be a waste of pills. and that saved me so many times from running out of pills when i first started sub. And ill be 100% honest with all of you b4 i really got into my recovery suboxone for a good year was my fix!

And i alway think about switching to methadone even to this day BUT FOR MYSELF AND ONLY MYSELF i would consider it a step backwards and thats just for myself nobody else on it or thinking of going on it. I just cant take any pill that will give me the old feeling of what painkillers gave me. Cause i know myself and i know my addiction to these meds and i would end up throwing 4 years away cause all it would take is one time for me to feel that way and i would be back on oxy in days. I got to say thats the worst part about haveing a serious injury i could get into a pain mang. dr i use to see no problem and get right back on 200mgs of oxy if i told him i reinjured my knee he was a nice dr but honestly he gave me oxy like candy and never even talked with my family dr about my situation.

Thats why i think personally suboxone should be the only chemical dependency drug allowd to treat for addiction cause of the simple fact it cant get you high while lets face facts subutex and methadone can. But i could go all day about this subject i wrote my final paper on it for one of my courses.

LIKE I SAID THESE ARE MY VIEWS IM NOT GONNA DEBATE THIS AND SAY YOU ARE NOT DOING GOOD IF YOU ARE ONE OF THOSE DRUGS CAUSE YOU ARE DOING GOOD AND WHO AM I TO SAY YOU ARE NOT. CAUSE I RATHER HAVE YOU ON THAT THEN WERE YOU WERE B4 THAT.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:14 am 
Subutex wont get you high, it can be Iv'd but that doesnt mean it will get you high. Even suboxone can be IV'd the naloxone doesnt prevent anything, I know 3 people on suboxone who are addicted to the needle and they shoot their suboxone everyday. Im not starting an argument or anything I just was wondering why you said subutex can get people high.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:34 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

suboxOWNED wrote:
Subutex wont get you high, it can be Iv'd but that doesnt mean it will get you high. Even suboxone can be IV'd the naloxone doesnt prevent anything, I know 3 people on suboxone who are addicted to the needle and they shoot their suboxone everyday. Im not starting an argument or anything I just was wondering why you said subutex can get people high.

Id reply but it would just start a huge debate which is against fourm rules im just going off my own personall ex along with friends back when i was useing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:52 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Both Suboxone and Subutex can get an opiate-naive person high.

People who have been on Suboxone for a while can IV it without suffering precipitated withdrawals from the naloxone because the buprenorphine is stronger than the (small amount of) naloxone in a Suboxone pill; meaning the bupe has such a high affinity for the opiate receptors that IF your blood level of bupe is high enough, the small amount of naloxone in the Suboxone pill isn't going to do anything.

That said, if someone who normally IV's heroin decides to IV a Suboxone, they will very likely feel the effects of the naloxone in the Suboxone pill.

Also, while bupe by itself is probably not that great of a high even when IV'd, many people who abuse bupe in that way mix it with benzos which reportedly increases the opiate high of bupe.

EDITED TO ADD: IVing Suboxone or Subutex is not only stupid and an abuse of the medication, it is very dangerous. There is all kinds of crap - binders, coloring, artificial sweetener, etc., in the pills which can royally screw up your body if it gets injected. I know that most of you guys already know this, but I couldn't just let it go without saying something.

-Jack Kornfield

Last edited by Diary of a Quitter on Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:04 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Thanks, Diary, for clarifying that. I wasn't able to put it into such a coherent explanation.

Unfortunately not everyone using sub off the streets are doing it for recovery purposes. Some people DO use it to get high, which I think also unfortunately, increases the stigma that people attach to those of us how use suboxone/subutex as directed (and thereby don't get high off of it). Just my two cents.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:02 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Well put Diary. I have no issues with subutex i just dont likei its diversion risk. When i said subutex can get you high im talking from my own EX with friends that shootup subutex then like you said they also add benzos to the mixture and thats all it takes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:16 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hatmaker- i know ppl who actually buy suboxone for up to 15 dollars a pill from ppl on the street..The guy came over to my house with his gf one day & he was so obviously buzzed he could barely hold one eye open let alone walk straight. He gets them from a chick I know who is prescribed suboxone from a dr. this was way before i even thought about going on sub and really didnt know anything about it. I am pretty sure he mixes them with Xanax and Adderral so maybe thats why he was so messed up. I believe before long that ppl are going to really start abusing subutex and suboxone more and more. It seems more ppl are wanting it and looking for it on the street now than ever.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:16 am 
Intolerant individuals get absolutely destroyed from suboxone/subutex. I know a guy who had a habit similar to mine and he quit cold turkey for 6 months but the PAWS were still affecting him severely and he got a pyschiatrist to Rx suboxone evne tho he was clean and hadnt been abusing opiates recently. He took 2 mgs sublingualy and was so intoxicated that he was worried he would stop breathing and die. I had to talk him down from it he was so concerned. It had been about an hour since he took it and he was saying how he kept coming up and the effects were getting more intense every few minutes and thought he would OD. I assured him it would reach its peak in an hour and a half or so and then stop and he'd be ok. He nodded in and out for like 8-10 hours no joke. Bupe is exceptionaly potent we just dont realize it because we all got on it while we were still very tolerant opiates.

Post subject: Suboxone or Subutex?
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:04 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

In sharing my persoanl experience with subs, I can say this. I was on subs on & off for surgery. The last 6 months I have taken it steady. When I used to go into terrible wd's the E.R. would give me Subutex(2 to take home and an rx for Suboxone).The Subutex would get me kind of high & that feeling would last longer than the Suboxone. I could feel the difference in the 3 times I went to the E.R.

Suboxone does give me a mellow out feeling about 25 min. after I take it. I will get a little sleepy and it must have some ant-depressant because I feel better mood wise. It doesn't last but I have to remember I'm not in it to feel good. Feeling good is what got me in trouble in the first place.

Queenie