It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:03 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:16 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hello-

I am looking for a good, inexpensive suboxone doc in the Macomb/Detroit area. I have been on suboxone for 3 years, and recently got a call from my current doctor's office stating that he had an "emergency situation" and would no longer be able to see his patients. I was paying $70/mo (he was actually seeing me every 3 months this last year) for the office visit and currently have the cost of my sub covered by the here to help program. My enrollment in the program is scheduled to end in Feb of this year, so Im hoping to find a doc who will consider subutex in the future (the generic is much cheaper than suboxone). Here to help will only cover the cost of sub for one year, no re-enrollment. I have no insurance and am paying cash. I have found 2 docs who are willing to take me for $125 (first office visit), but I cannot understand why they are charging me for "induction" when I have been on the med for years. Any suggestions? This doctor will also be my PCP, so I'd like someone who is a decent person as well. PLEASE HELP! This totally caught me off guard, and can't help but wonder what happened with my current doc.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:37 am 

I'm so sorry you're in this situation! I know that most doctors charge more for the initial appointment because they have to spend a larger amount of time than usual with a first time-patient. Have the doctors said what they charge at subsequent appointments? There are a couple of good ways to search for a new sub doctor.

Have you utilized this search engine?

http://www.suboxone.com/patients/opioid ... octor.aspx

You have to enter your zip code and how far you would travel. Or there is this one:

http://www.treatmentmatch.org/

At this site you create a profile to help match you with a doctor.

Good luck to you and welcome to our forum!

Amy

Post subject: ...still searching
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:49 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I used the NAABT "treatment matching" system in hopes of finding a new doctor. I did end up seeing someone- but don't really care for the guy. I waited for over 2 hours in the lobby before being seen.... though the office visit was reasonable at $85. Once the doctor came in, I explained my circumstances and desire to locate a suboxone doctor who could also serve as my PCP. (I am uninsured) I also explained the weird "leave of absence" taken by my former physician. He was quite arrogant, and boasted about his 20+ years clean as he drilled me about my "program." He also insisted that he ONLY treated addiction. (though his personal secretary said, over the phone, that he specialized in internal medicine and COULD double as a PCP)

So here I am... once again... in a predicament. I can always go back to him if need be, but I would REALLY like to find a GOOD doctor who I can also see for other ailments. One who I feel comfortable with, who presents with a non-judgmental, non-critical attitude. I was thinking about trying another physician...

Does anyone in the Macomb County/Oakland County/Detroit area have any personal suggestions?

ALL HELP IS APPRECIATED!

Our Sponsors
 Post subject: FINALLY!
PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:40 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I finally found what I was looking for... and surprisingly close to home too. Office visits are $77.00- wait time is reasonable- and you are treated like a human being. The doc I found is also a general practitioner, so he will also serve as my PCP. Thank you for all of your help- it took a bit of searching, but all is well.

Post subject: Re: FINALLY!
PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:22 am 
New Poster
New Poster

suburbangirl wrote:
I finally found what I was looking for... and surprisingly close to home too. Office visits are $77.00- wait time is reasonable- and you are treated like a human being. The doc I found is also a general practitioner, so he will also serve as my PCP. Thank you for all of your help- it took a bit of searching, but all is well.

i believe i am in the same boat as you.. my sub doc stopped practicing in january, I was also on the here to help program.. my doctor wrote me 2 scripts to get me through until march.. I went to see a doctor today in shelby twp and it was awful.. I called a couple weeks ago and the lady told me first visit would be $120 and that i would never pay over 120 which i was fine with.. However i went today to meet him and he tells me today would be 120 plus within a week i would have to come back to get blood work done $200 and also attend AA or NA meetings TWICE A WEEK!!! He made me feel like a low life criminal and he told me "he wasnt going to be my drug dealer". Let it be known i got hooked on lortab after having surgery on my ankle i have never even seen heroin, I am a clean well dressed 28yr old man... I was absolutly shocked by the way i was treated today... That isnt all though so after taking a drug test which i passed he told me that today would be $120 and then he would give me a weeks worth of subutex (i can afford suboxone, no insurance) and then would write me a full script when i came back next week after i had blood work done... I have been on suboxone/subutex for a little over 2 years.. There is no way i will be going back to this man and i am now in need for a decent semi low priced doctor.. I am really stressed out right now and am scared to see another doctor like him.. PLEASE LET ME KNOW THE NAME OF THE DOCTOR YOU FOUND.. I hope you see this message before my meds run out.. I will send you a PM because i am curious to know if we went to the same doctors.. I would also like to let others know about this god awful doctor i saw today but i am nit sure if i can drop names on this forum.. If a moderator is available please let me know

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 2:47 am 
New Poster
New Poster

Need a good Suboxone doc in Metro Detroit MAcomb co area.. went to one and he gave me weeks supply, made it last over 2 weeks cuz of the price... well now have finally got the cash to make a new appt (only 2 days of meds left ) and that doc wil not be in for another 2 weeks!! WTF!!! Uhhhh I need a sub doc that can see me ASAP!!! ive got 2 days left .. .. i heard th walk in clinic on hall rd n mound does suboxone??? anyone know... MESSAGE ME I am desperate!!!! I dont wanna have to go to the city next week and relapse if u know what I mean!!! HELP!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:50 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

I just started with a doctor a few weeks ago on the east side....Sterling Heights to be specific...

It was $150 the first visit (induction) and its $80 a visit after that with no insurance..because they don't accept my coverage. (even though I do have pretty decent insurance (Blue Cross)...yet they accept Medicare which kind of pisses me off...

But whatever the doc was referred by a friend and so far so good...feels good being clean and not going down to "the city" and all the risks associated with it....

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 2:29 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Could someone, ANY1, PLEASE HELP? Just moved here, have Medicare, haven't been ABLE 2 find a Dr! Runnin out of meds! Anything BUT suboxone is NOT AN OPTION! PLEASE HELP! I HAVE LESS THAN 1 WEEK OF MEDS LEFT! FEELS LIKE THE BOTTOM OF FALLING OUT OF MY WORLD!!!!