It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:38 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:18 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

I have to go away for a little while (jail...:( ) and I'm currently seeing a sub doc, been seeing him for about 3 weeks now. He doesn't know that in about 4 weeks, I'll be going to jail for a while...maybe a few months...

Do you think it's a good idea to tell him? I'm gonna do the liquid tapering method, get low as I can in the next 3-4 weeks before I go in...but I'd really like to get some clonidine and maybe other comfort meds to help the WD...do you think it's a good idea to ask my sub doc? I don't want him to get pissed that I didn't tell him before, and cut me off...I plan on going back to him after I get out, because I know I need to be on sub for a while, even if I get out of jail and am "clean"...I need sub to keep me off dope.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:32 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Im glad to see u got on sub, i remember you posting about being nervous about it.

In my opinion u should be straight with your doctor about whats going on. I think mysteriously disappearing for a few months would be worse. That's just me though...

Someone very close to me who had a huge dope habit went away for a couple years and came out clean and has been doing well for a few years now. Crazy

Good luck, and sux u gotta go ..

Gb

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:00 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

i went out and bought a liquid medicine dropper, so I can try the liquid taper method. The only one I could find was a baby dropper, and it only goes up to .6 ml. Yes, thats 0.6, not 6. Technically, I guess I could just measure the gap from the 0.3 to the 0.6, and make my own markings, up to 1ml. From what I'm reading, though, people use 10 ml to dissolve an 8mg pill...I might have to go find one that measures that high...

With what I have, though, I guess I could dissolve an 8mg pill in 1ml of water, then every .1 ml would be 800 mcg...so my 0.3 ml would be equal about 2.5 mgs...that's way to high though...defeats the purpose. Maybe I'll just break off 4mg and dissolve it in the 1ml...fuck, this is making my head hurt....lol. I think I'll just go back out and find a rite aid or something, where they have higher measurements...