It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:56 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:24 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I just wanted to write about the place I go to. It's a smaller business with two doctors, two counselors and a receptionist. Because they're so small they haven't lost sight of the human part of treatment. In fact, as a few examples of how cool they are; 1. After my first group session, which ends around 7pm when it's getting dark out, everyone had left and they were locking up but my ride was coming from out of town and wouldn't be there for another hour and a half due to traffic and other things, so, my counselor gave me a ride home that night. Number 2, my doctor gives all his patients both his home and cell number in case we're feeling bad withdrawals from a lowered dose and number 3, last night after group I was waiting for my ride when my counselor comes out and asks me if my ride was coming soon and let me use to cell phone to be sure and she said, "I'll sit with you until they get here," and then my doctor comes out and goes, "Waiting for your ride? I'll sit and keep you two ladies company while you wait," So we sat there chatting and watching my squirrel videos and looking at pictures of her grandbaby while I waited for my ride. There aren't many doctors who would wait outside for a half hour with a patient to see they get their ride home safely instead of hurrying out to their own car to get themselves home to their own family. And those are perfect examples of why I love where I go and wish more places were as concerned and caring about their fellow human being.

My sweet girls; Hermione & Ginny. My little adopted fur-babies since summer 2013! ^__^

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:15 am 

Thank you for letting us know about such a great facility with great people! I'm so glad that you've found a place for treatment that seems to really care!

Amy