It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:41 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:59 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

PLEASE someone help me out! MY daughter was born Feb 8th at 2:11pm. I haven't left the hospital still to this day! I was on methadone and I found out I was pregnant and because I was on such a low dose the doctors told me that my baby girl should be fine. About 2 hours after she was born she showed signs of being sick!MY WHOLE WORLD CAME CRAsHING DOWN! They took her dose all the way up to 3.6mg, the weaned her down every 48 hours. They weaned her down to 0.08mg of morphine an then the took her off completely! SHE DID GREAT FOR THE FIRST 24 HOURS !they told me I could go home at the 48 hour mark! when it hit about 34 hours into her being off the morphine she got soooo bad, she stayed up all day and wouldn't sleep so the doctor put her back on the 0.08 mg of morphine,he said tomorrow morning will be the 48 hr mark n hes going to take her down to 0.04 mg of morphine instead of taking her off ht emorphinelike he did the last time.hell leave her on 0.04mg of morphine for 24 hours an then take her down to 0.02mgs of morphine AND THEN TAKE HER OFF an watch her for 48 hours n if she does good then shell come home!ANYONE WHOSE WENT THREW THI THINK SHE WILL DO BETTER WITH WEANING THIS WAY RATHER THAN COMING RIGHT OFF AFTER THE 0.08MGS??I hate myself for making her sick and I just want to get home to my son but I cant leave her here at the hospital!i have a 5 year old who is with his grandparents and I see him during the day every other day but its killing me inside!i just want my family together . I keep telling myself that she did soo good for the fist 34 hours while being totally off the morphine so if they just wean her slower than she will do good! yesterday before they had to put her back on the meds,she was crying an trying TO EAT SO FAST,and she would cry in the middle of eating,please I need someone to talk to!i need to talk to someone who understands!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:33 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

My goodness, your poor dear. I'm so sorry. You have been in the hospital over 2 weeks! I can't imagine the heartache you must be feeling. I wanted you to know someone was reading and here for you. I have very little advice, but I am an addict, and expecting my first child shortly. I got off subs long ago, but do understand my situation could have been the same.

Hopefully our Dr. J or someone with a better understanding of the situation than myself will see your post and give you advice on the situation.

Can you share how much methadone you were on? I think those with suggestions will need that dose number to offer the best help or suggestions. Hang in there ok. I'm hoping for the very best, and please keep us updated. Hopefully the doctor or others will be here soon.

Karen

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 6:16 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

I had a baby boy in December,2009. I found out I was pregnant 1 month to the day that I started subs. So they let me keep coming to the program. I told my OB - I don't think he knew what the hell I was talking about and said it would be fine. My sub dr. happened to formerly be an OB, so she said I could cut down gradually and then the dr.s at then the drs. at the hospital would just give me more extra suboxone for my c-section pain (he had to be a c-section for unrelated reasons.) I did extensive research on and off the internet, and ended up stopping the subs (from 4mgs/day) 3 days before the c-section. The pain meds they gave me worked just fine, and my baby went to the withdrawl unit, but slept with me most nights. They kept us for an extra 2 days to make sure he didn't have withdraws, and when his test for bupe. came back negative, they sent us home. He did NOT get any WD, however, the one night they "scored" him, he got a 7/10 for WD, and 6 hrs. later, his test for subs. came back negative. I got SO SO SO SO sick about 2 days after I stopped my 2-5mg percs/4-6 hrs. I had to go back on subs. But THANK GOD he was ok, and he was big 8lbs. 10oz.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 6:27 pm 

Thank you so much for sharing your story! I'm very happy for you that your pregnancy and birth went well. Now you have a precious 4 year old boy! I'm a little partial to boys, having one myself. :)

Did it make you wonder why your baby scored 7/10 on the withdrawal scale when there was no bupe in his system? It makes me wonder. I have said on other threads that I think there is bias on the part of medical personnel when they know you are on suboxone. I wish there were an easy way to change hearts and minds.

Amy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 4:10 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hello,

All you women are so strong! I had a baby on sub and she is six weeks old. She did have minor wd but we were allowed to leave on day four... Now I am breastfeeding her and I need to know if there is any chance she will become addicted to the suboxone in my milk!? She stikk does sneeze and yawn and I get worried at every little thing as I think she is addicted now... I am tapering off the sub I have gone down 4 mg to 10mg. If you have any experience wih breastfeeding and if u stopped did baby wd?

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 5:20 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

hi all, from the last post janeeve12, I was wondering how you got on? Are you and your baby ok? Did she have withdrawals when she came off breast feeding or are you still breast feeding. I just got on sub, im 34 years old and the clock keeps on a ticking - my husband and I talk about having children all the time but being an addict there is never a great time. Now im on sub I know my life with stabalise and that children will be more and more on my mind. All of the women on here are amazing - so strong - it shows to me that suboxone or medical treatment for addiction assists a women to want to look after their child to the point that a mother is willing to forgo their medication for a healthy baby - a mother's love for their child must be indescribable! Please let me know how you got on janeeve12 I truly hope you are both ok.
Manda x