It is currently Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:17 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:09 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Romeo wrote:
40 hours and counting, WAY TO GO LADDERTIPPER!!!!!!!

I'm glad God didn't give men periods.....can you imagine how bad we big babies would complain?? You women are tough stuff!!

Hang in there Bud, you're so close. Remember how far you've come over the last year, remember all the seemingly insurmountable hurdles that you have cleared......you are stronger than you know and I'm gonna keep reminding you of that until my fingers fall off.

Um, dude, you have to turn your head and cough, right? :D

I'm evidently unable to count, since it was only thirty something hours when I posted that. Oooops!

I hope this won't be bad. I'm really, really, really crossing my fingers.

laddertipper

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:17 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

30 hours and counting, WAY TO GO LADDERTIPPER!!!!!!

Ugh, thanks for reminding me to go get a finger stuck up my butt......I think my doctors fingers get bigger everytime I see him!! :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:50 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi ladder, I'm sorry I didn't take the time to read all the responses, but I just wanted to jump in and say please, please get a second opinion. Many hysterectomies are performed unnecessarily in the country, and it troubled me that it was mainly based on a blood test. You can get iron shots at the doctors office, while at the same time taking meds that will greatly reduce or eliminate bleeding. Also, why so soon? Maybe I missed something, but I dont think you said that your uterus itself was diseased. It sounded like a cramping, bleeding, anemia issue. Please set me straight if I'm wrong, but it never ever hurts to get a second opinion before surgery. It breaks my heart that you went on Sub for 5+ years to avoid going on opiates and now they want you to have surgery that will almost certainly result in opiates being administered. Please don't jump into anything.

BTW congratulations on getting down to 0.125 mg. That is a huge accomplishment. I think your Sub days are numbers, and if you do have to have surgery it won't be an issue. Please keep us posted.
Lilly

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:15 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Also, is it possible that Clonidine is CAUSING your low BP? If your BP was normal to borderline low a blood pressure med would definitely lower it. Does the doc know you are on Clonidine and if not could she be attributing the low reading to something that doesn't exist? Also at 33 you can take Seasonique (I did). It results in 4 very light periods a year. And it's very low dose, so it's safe.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:46 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Lillyval, I totally agree with you. They are unnecessarily performed. I've just kinda had enough. I am so sick of bleeding so much. I don't want to get iron shots. I've had iron infusions a number of times and they really make you feel like crap for a while. I hate taking iron pills, and most of the time, even if I take them, it's a battle to hold them down. I started having borderline anemia when I was a baby and it's been an on/off thing since then. So, I think this bleeding is just too much for my body when I already tend to be that way. My blood pressure got very low on the Clonidine, and I do think that was contributing. It is now around 90/60 which is nearly normal, but just barely.

At this point, I've just had enough of it. Even if I get on an iron regiment, I'll still have to deal with the cramping and bleeding. The cramping is simply not okay at this point. I don't want to take pain meds for it, but the cramps are miserable. I'm literally hemorrhaging. I sleep on towels at night. It's ridiculous and scary. I really don't want to have a surgery, but I don't want an ablation at all. I don't want to take iron pills or get infusions. I don't want to spend half every month bleeding. The scar tissue from my c-sections is significant and most likely causing this. There's no way to fix that w/o getting a hysterectomy. So.....I think it's the best thing. Trust me, this has been going on for years but I just haven't wanted to deal with it, and it just keeps getting worse and worse and not better, like I'd hoped. I still don't want to get it, but thinking of the after-the-fact seems like freedom.

I'm not that worried about pain meds. I was, but my husband says he'll keep them and he doesn't get why I am worried when I never finished the bottles with my sections. Will I now be addicted to opiates because of taking Sub? I don't know. I mean, will it affect my brain differently? I don't think I'll need any pain meds for more than a couple days while the gas gets out.

As of now, I'm not taking any Sub. I took it very late Wednesday, but it's Friday and still no Sub yet. We'll see. I was down around .0625. I did talk to my primary today and he is in full agreement that I should be doing this. I have no desire to keep my uterus unless there is a really good reason, because then I'll have to do other annoying things. If there is some really good reason to not do it, I will change my mind, but so far, I don't know of anything that outweighs the benefits of not having to deal with this stuff anymore.

laddertipper

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:35 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I'm glad you have put so much thought into this and are comfortable with your decision. I couldn't stop thinking about it so I googled "reasons for hysterectomy" and got some really good articles. I would definitely do this search as a lot of the articles had " questions to ask your doctor" that I never would have though of, and you my not have either. The articles were very balanced, not favoring one decision over another.
I am still curious, especially after your last post, if you have ever tried a med that would virtually eliminate your period (Seasonale or Seasonique). I have been on both (and at first I was a HUGE sceptic of the whole concept) but I felt absolutely great, had no side effects, felt more emotionally stable without the hormonal fluctuations, had little to no bleeding (and I have very heavy periods normally) and as a bonus it was birth control. I'm especially curious that they didn't offer you this option at the age of 33, because they usually dont even suggest hysterectomy to women who still, in theory, could want another pregnancy.
I am so excited for you that you are virtually off of thie Sub. When you posted before that delaying your dose didn't cause any I'll effects I felt in my heart that you're at a low enough dose that your body just doesn't need it anymore! YAY you! I know you have worked SO hard at this, and I really admire your tenacity. Please continue to keep us posted.
love,
Lilly

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:38 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Ladder, I skimmed most of this thread and wanted to share a couple thoughts. I had a hysterectomy when I was about 36 (I'm 46 now). I a full hysterectomy (which is the uterus and the cervix, if they take the ovaries out that's an oopherectomy (sp?)). Anyway, mine was done abdominally - yup, I was gutted like a damn fish. So my surgery will be nothing like yours. BUT - I had mine done because I wouldn't stop bleeding! It went on for months and months and months! And since I wasn't going to use my uterus, my doctor and I thought the best route was a hysterectomy. When they removed my uterus there was nothing they could find wrong to account for all the bleeding. But I can tell you this - getting that hysterectomy was the BEST decision I could have made!

And if they're doing yours via a laparoscopy, it'll be a much easier procedure (my sister had hers done that way) for you. I wish I could have gone that way.

Anyway, I wish you the very best - with everything - including your sub jump. Take care.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:34 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

hatmaker510 wrote:
Ladder, I skimmed most of this thread and wanted to share a couple thoughts. I had a hysterectomy when I was about 36 (I'm 46 now). I a full hysterectomy (which is the uterus and the cervix, if they take the ovaries out that's an oopherectomy (sp?)). Anyway, mine was done abdominally - yup, I was gutted like a damn fish. So my surgery will be nothing like yours. BUT - I had mine done because I wouldn't stop bleeding! It went on for months and months and months! And since I wasn't going to use my uterus, my doctor and I thought the best route was a hysterectomy. When they removed my uterus there was nothing they could find wrong to account for all the bleeding. But I can tell you this - getting that hysterectomy was the BEST decision I could have made!

And if they're doing yours via a laparoscopy, it'll be a much easier procedure (my sister had hers done that way) for you. I wish I could have gone that way.

Anyway, I wish you the very best - with everything - including your sub jump. Take care.

Oh man, thank you. I think you get what a pain this is. I don't bleed all the time, but the amount when I do is absolutely intolerable. Sheesh, I bet the men love this thread. :lol: I guess I really won't get too graphic, but I'll just say it is scary. I keep hearing women saying it's the best thing they have ever done. It seems like it affords a lot of us a fantastic kind of freedom. See, men cannot possibly understand what a pain this is!

Hat, you probably were gutted 'like a fish' because they took your cervix. That's how they would do it if I was going to have my cervix out. I got a choice on the cervix and am keeping it for now. Only drawback is I have to keep having paps, but I think I can handle that. The other drawback is there will be a scar, but he's going to try to hide it in a tattoo I have there. The other incision will be in my belly button.

Lilly, I completely respect questioning surgery because they do it too quickly nowadays. I was absolutely stunned when the doctor suggested this as an option. He did lay out all my options. I was thinking the hysterectomy seems the wisest move and I asked what he would have his wife do, and he said he'd suggest a hysterectomy. I absolutely don't want anymore kids. I have three and it would be dangerous for me to have another one. I've had three sections, one placental abruption that nearly killed me, toxemia, and one baby with failure to thrive. Plus, my uterus is thin because of the scar tissue. If I got pregnant, I would have to make a very hard choice that I don't want to make. So, more babies are 100% out. I have no attachment to this uterus of mine and it's really just pissing me off at this point. :D

I think I'll have significant pain for two days tops, and that's if I even get any significant pain. I really doubt that anything other than the gas will hurt all that bad and the gas should be out pretty quickly.

laddertipper

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:48 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

ladder/ hatmaker". i see there is to many starving children and giving up for adoption in this country. wee need to take care of what we all ready have. if any of you two sweet women want more children' ? i'll keep you both in mind for well parent's on the adoption bored!! :lol: ladder "did you jump all ready"?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:01 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey - no rugrats for me, Johnboy! ROFL...I've got my babies - of the canine and feline variety.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:33 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

johnboy wrote:
ladder/ hatmaker". i see there is to many starving children and giving up for adoption in this country. wee need to take care of what we all ready have. if any of you two sweet women want more children' ? i'll keep you both in mind for well parent's on the adoption bored!! :lol: ladder "did you jump all ready"?

Johnboy, that was really sweet! Yes, I jumped, dude, and I've got five days down already.

I already have three kids. No more for me. I'd love to adopt, but I'm just not capable of handling anymore kids. I'm already overwhelmed with the ones I have! :D However, once my kids are bigger, I want to be a foster parent. I tried once before but it was too hard having them around the same ages as my kids. I don't want to adopt foster kids. I just want to be a foster parent. I want to make what may be the most terrifying time of their lives as comfortable as possible. I'd love for kids to know they are safe; there will be food; I care how they are doing; nobody can hurt them in my house. I'd love to keep in touch with them and see them as adults. I hate seeing kids, who are so helpless, suffering in terrible family situations. It's so unacceptable.....This opportunity just presented itself again to us, but I cannot take this girl because my hubby has to testify against her parents. It's very tough to not be able to help.

Hat, being a good feline/canine parent is a very important job. We don't have enough of you guys either.

Hysterectomy is scheduled, BTW, for Oct. 18th.

laddertipper.....SNEEZE!!! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:59 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

you jumped thursday? i don't believe it! now i feel a little alone again :cry: but i'm so f'n :P :lol: please keep me up to date with every thing.i mean i'll try and keep up with all your posting. that would be the greatest blessing from above! too take in a sad child ,and bring lite in it's little heart. O.K i'm getting a little buttery here :lol: 5 day's".how are you feeling. i know your hang'in in there!!