It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:14 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:35 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hello Everyone,

My name is Nick and Im 20 years old now. At the age of 16 I started use of OxyCotin mainly 80's rarely 40's I bought them of the street, friends, and random people I would sometimes do 2 80s in one day I was using for 1 1/2 - 2 years I cant even imagine how many people I have hustled, lied to because I was so desperate. I lived a crazy life between the age of 16-18 I was an extremly Smart, popular kid that had everything because I worked hard I came from Russia when I was 7 with my Mom and my Sister so I never had any rules my mom let me do my own thing and that is one of my biggest regrets. I decided to come back home (because i moved out with my GF for a year) and i told my mom I needed help and told her Everything so she wanted to help me I went online and found out about suboxine so I found a doctor and got a prescription It worked and helped me get of Oxy's after couple months my doctor was prescribing me 120 (8mg) suboxines a month which I was taking even 3-4 times a day because i would get a high off of it! After about 11 months my insurance ended and I started paying about $$ 110 US $$ for about 13 of them I was still taking them and being careless.

Sorry for boring you guys IF I am.... But now im having my mom help me and she gives it to me every morning im down to about 1mg or even Less a day its been about 2 weeks from going from a FULL 8mg pill to less then 1mg My withdrawls are not to bad right now and I say that because I have tried to quit 3-4 times COLD TURKEY between my time of using suboxine and I went through Really BAD withdrawls before so right now they dont compare. My Main question is How much more to I taper down? or what should i Do to COMPLETLY get off suboxine! My biggest concern is I keep hearing this from doctors saying "People should stay on suboxine for the rest of their lifes" that sounds insane.. Should I exercise? I also read that people use other medications to get off suboxine? Please reply guys I guess I acuatlly left the main part out since I was spending so much money on them and had no choice cause I was broke I tried Snorting the suboxine and ever since thats how I have been doing them... Please Reply with Comments and Please help me!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:56 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

[font=Georgia]HondaGuy-

Welcome to the site. Once the "addict" part of your brain takes over, it is quite difficult to focus on anything else. You are talking about how to stop your Suboxone treatment, yet are still abusing it by snorting it. (If you use a drug in a way that is not intended,it is considered a characteristic of addiction). Did your doctor have you attend any addiction education, treatment, or support groups? If you answered NO, I suggest getting involved in something before you consider handling life on your own.
Only YOU can decide when the time is right to top your medication, but if you have not been armed with the coping skills of clean living, how can you expect to make it on your own? Don't take it the wrong way, my intent is to help you, but you have to do more switch addictions.If you were getting a high off of Suboxone, you should have told your doctor so he could adjust your dose.That high feeling goes away once you become adjusted to the dose- In my opinion you should have only been prescribed between 4 and 8mg a day, you were just over medicating yourself.
As far as hearing doctors say you should stay on Suboxone the rest of your life, well it depends on the situation. I am not a doctor but I do know that whether you take Suboxone for a year or ten years, if you don't treat the psychological aspect of addiction, you have almost no chance of long term recovery. If you want link for online support meetings or addiction education, just let me know.
I just want you to understand that Suboxone is not a miracle cure.It is merely a tool of recovery from opiate dependence, and you have greater odds to succeed with long term recovery if you educate yourself on your addiction and build a support system to help when things get tough.
Please keep posting, everyday you stay away from addiction is a miracle.
[b]
[/font]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 1:30 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Honda Guy,
I have found it important to have some kind of therapy (be NA or therapist) along with your suboxone to maintain soberity long term. I was on this medication for a year before and just took the medication. I considered myself a "dry drunk". I was clean yes but not in recovery. I have been on suboxone for close to 2 yrs now. I attend a few NA mtgs a month and see my therapist once a month. I think the decision to stay on sub long term should be based on what your doctor and the patient decide. As of right now I feel I will need to be on it long term but you never know I may change my mind years down the road. If its working for me I'm going to continue doing it. Good luck with your recovery and keep us posted with how you do! :D

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 2:04 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

yea bro you need to stop snorting those subs...if i were you id find a dose that made you feel stable and slowly taper down to less then .50 then come off...and while ur tapering get urself into sumthing that gives u pleasure...i stopped geting high and smoking ciggerettes the minute i started training boxing and jiu jitsu...i stoped my suboxone alil over 5 weeks ago today i jumped off at 2mg....exercise was the most important thing for me, it helped get my endorphins flowing and gave me something to occupy myself with...your young man ,you can still fix this problem, im 23 gunna be 24 so i kno how it is, i feel like i threw the last 5 years of my life away , if it helps get mad with ur situation and make urself better urself. good luck, hit me up if u have any questions

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 3:53 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

to throw in my 2 cents I'd be willing to bet that either you weren't taking the Suboxone the same dosage at the same time the same way (as per indicated on the bottle as I've read Dr. Junig write and had other recovering addicts say that the directions ARE NOT SUGGESTIONS). There's also the chance that you weren't getting the same kind of absorbtion when dosing and thereby not maintaining the same level of medication in your body. The other possibility and the one I think alot of people fall into is not getting high physically from taking the medication but psychologically making yourself feel high when you give into dosing whenever you feel like you "needed" to take more Suboxone. The whole point about Suboxone is that if taken correctly in dosages that are above the ceiling effect (around 2-4mgs) for more than a couple days it's literally impossible to get "high" physically alot of this depends on how someone "doses" though and whether or not they dose the same exact way everyday. I had to get myself into the habit of taking my Suboxone at the SAME TIME at the SAME DOSE the SAME WAY ONCE PER DAY early on and since then I'm coming up on 3 years of being on Suboxone without any problems.

I can tell you with 100% certainty that if there was a way to get "high" off Suboxone I wouldn't be able to take it like I'm supposed to. It's also been beneficial for me pursue other ways of working on my recovery other than just taking Suboxone. I still volunteer at least some time every week to try and help other addicts, I started exercising 5 days a week running 5 miles per day, I quit smoking and started eating healthier, I started working on figuring out who I really was since I quit using and really working on improving relationships. It's unfortunate that you haven't gotten much benefit from Suboxone but that doesn't mean you can't find some way to stay clean. Using is hell and waaay too much work to go back to, today it's just not worth it to me I hope you come to the same conclusion. Keep us posted on how you're doing :) and try and hang in there!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:08 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hey guys first of I just wanted to thank everyone for all the replys what I should of mentioned was I started snorting them because I felt that when I put 1mg under my tounge I felt like it was to small and didn't do anything. Do you guys think that by snorting them it has a greater effect? Rather then having them dissovle under my tounge? Have any body here ever heard of people snorting suboxines? Does disolving in water and taking them by liquid work better? I also have a very IMPORTANT question please respond to it is there any other medications I could take to get off suboxines??????

Once again thank you so much for your replys ftrom reading some topics and going through this forum I don't think I will be able to do it on my own or atleast with out everybodys help on this message board God Bless all of you

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:19 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

not really bro...suboxone is the last step..what u have to do is wean down really low then stop taking them...theres only meds that will help slightly with the withdrawal sympoms...u have to go through them sooner or later if u want off of suboxone...some people stay on it for a long time...if u feel u might start geting high again then mayb you should stay on the subs..but u really need to start taking them under your tounge snorting them is abusing them...and as far as desolving them in water, thats for when u taper down really low,but u dont swollow it u let it disolve under your tounge with the water

if you want off of the meds u can do it..i just did it and i jumped off at 2mgs which wasnt smart...but you have to realize u made mistakes by geting high and now this is what u have to do to fix ur problem...but liek i said mayb u should consider staying on the suboxone untill u feel more stable and dont feel the need to abuse anything, its a great drug bro it literally saved my life, when u use it right it gets u bak to a normal life and after a while u stop thinking about geting high.so as of today i would stop snorting them and find a dose that u feel comfortable on, taking it once or twice a day under ur toung...remember the lower u taper down the easier the withdrawal will be

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:18 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thanks Joey, I noticed you said you jumped off at 2mg how long were your withdrawls before they stopped? Were you doing Oxys is that why you started Subs? I will take them under my tounge tomorrow and ill post a update on how I feel. It's just I'm down to less then 1mg so it would be like taking bread crumbs hope it works. I also didn't mention that I went from 8mg to 1 in 1 1/2 weeks is that to fast?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:27 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

ummm that is a fast jump...but see how u feel...u can take it twice a day...u should try to get the 2mg pills this way u dont have to take tiny pieces...as far as my withdrawal it was rough but mostly becuz im an idiot and i jumped off at 2mg...the worse was over after 2 weeks...but u have to expect fatigue and depression for a while...im at 5 weeks right now and im just starting to feel better...most people say they feel better around 6 weeks...but i made myself run almost everyday and lift weights like a maniac...no matter how tired i was i made myself do it...when u workout u make ur brains create endorphins which is what we are lacking when we go through withdrawal..so working out will make u feel better...but if u taper the right way u shouldnt have that much of a hard time...u can def do it bro..if i did u can do it...u just have to make urself go day by day...just think about how much better u will feel when ur totally off of everything...its so worth it