It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:51 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:46 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

I'm super anxious. I'm down to 31mg and a nervous wreck. It's been since Tuesday since I dosed last. I'm so nervous! Is this a bad idea??!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 3:13 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi A10,

I see from your other threads that you tapered from 80mg Methadone down to 31mg to prepare to switch to sub and now its been 2 days since dosing. I have no experience w done but my concern is you need either done or bup soon. Do you still have access to the methadone clinic? Can you get another dose(s) till you can arrange weekday time off to call/meet bup docs? Can you call bup docs on your lunch hours? Breaktime? I hear you that your husband does not accept your addiction in any way. Between your new job and him, you are pressured to reduce your done dose and switch to bup. But if you relapse it will be far worse for you and all you love, work for and w. Also, there are reports here that going from done to sub is not that easy - you may need to prepare time for that transition. What did you think about Dr J's idea of tapering down on done?

While I cannot recommend this doc and its not Fort Worth, TX, I tooled around and found a doc in Grapevine TX, a new practice, that reportedly has open bup slots. He does not believe in long-term sub (> 1-2yrs), inducts at a max of 16mg and tapers folks down to 4 mg at 1 yr. Provides no comfort meds. He might work till you can find a doc closer and believes in long-term use. Cash only. Appointments Monday to Friday, 10AM to 3PM. Phone interview is required. Prior appt required but can sometimes be the day of induction. Office only answers calls from DFW area codes. If yours is not, be sure to leave msg that you DO live in the area. http://sajmdtx.com/contact-us/ the link does not work but will if you copy/paste in your browser.

Please let us know if you decide to/are able to switch from done to bup. I wish it were not so difficult. Its so frustrating that MAT remains difficult to find and easily access...Such nonsense (there are other words but not fit to print...)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 3:17 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

The link does work.

To mods, I am new so please let me know if links are not allowed or should not be added in a post. thx.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 5:54 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hello agin,

I was on 20 mg of methadone when i switched over to Subs and I never had any problems. I would think that 31 mg is low enough as long as you are in withdraws before you switch over to Subs. Great job tapering to a low dose so you can even make the switch. I know that must of been difficult.

There are some differences between Bunavail, suboxone and Zubsolv. but really they work the same. They provide your body with Buprenorphine and take your cravings away.

Personally I made the switch at first to the Sub strips and then a few years later my insurance dropped that med and only allowed Zubsolv... So Zubsolv it is and I made the switch. Zubsolv comes in a lower dose of Bup but your body absorbs it better. And I have heard that BunAvail absorbs the bup even better. But ... Don't get too hung up on the choices between the 3. I really couldn't tell the diff between subs and zubsolv and you probably won't either.

Good luck to you when you make the switch and let us know how you are doing!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 5:56 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Pelican! That's where I am going tomorrow at 1!!!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 6:03 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Pelican- also I he was the only one who would get in contact with me. He was concerned if I would be ok tonight and got me some diazepam for the next 3 days. I will go tomorrow and get my first few days a believe. But yes I was rushed by my husband and then I didn't want to make myself sick because I couldn't make it to clinic daily so I wanted to switch and have worked for months to get down this low. I just was worried about if it would work as well as methadone. But methadone has such a bad stigma and I despise going there daily. I know that sounds bad but I feel very out of place.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 6:13 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Raudy1975- thank you SOOOOOOO much for your input. I truly needed to see that. It really makes me feel better and thank you, surprisingly the taper on the done wasn't difficult at all. I never had a single problem. Thankfully. Until this week when I would dose and crash for 6 hours or so. And to both of you, when I signed up for Methadone i never expected long term. I figured 12-18 mos. I'm at 14 mos. but my husband (who ironically is addicted to Vicodin but not mentally, physically. He had cancer and a major surgery removing a good bit of his trapezoid. He also has two aortic aneurysms and is terminal but it still doesn't give him the right to make me feel so bad). With suboxone I feel like I can do this without telling him. I haven't read anything about tapering tho. And I am confused why people would need to be on it like 6 years. My apologies if I sound like my husband. It's just being uneducated in this topic.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 6:32 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

aginn,

Hello there, Sorry to hear about your husband and his diagnosis. He may be suffering through his own problems and issues and taking it out of you. I would not take it too personally since he has been going through alot.

Back to your question about long term sub usage. I too, when I was first starting subs, was like "Why does someone want to be on this long term" HOWEVER, over time , I became one of those people who have been on subs since 2009 . i tapered off once then relapse then got back on about 2-1/2 years ago.

Anyways...The reason why I stay on it is fairly simple. I DON'T DO DRUGS WHILE I AM ON SUBOXONE.

And I learned that the hard way when I decided to taper off and get off subs only to pick back up by DOC or choice and start using again.

Thanks goodness I got my butt back into my sub doctor and re-induced back on subs for the 2nd time. And maybe one day I will get off this meds. But for now , why get off something that is working so nicely with my life and making me a better person. I don't even feel like an adddict anymore. Thanks to only having to go once a month to refill my prescription. Other than that I feel normal NO CRAVINGS, and happy. for once in my life.

So Good luck with your transition and i hope it goes just a smoothly as mine did. Keep posting! We will be here for you.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 7:23 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey there!

Glad you got in and found a bup doc! Well done! Such good news that you can induce tomorrow! This was the only doc that seemed to have openings. I know the others did not call you back, but wonder, maybe they are full...

You've done such a great job lowering your done dose over these last months. Kudos for that!! And per Raudy1975, and on another thread of yours, pugmommy, sounds like you are low enough to have smooth transition. I understand your feelings on the circumstances required for done treatment and the stigma attached.

Regarding how long to stay on bup - put that aside for now - you are getting in and getting needed treatment. That's what is important right now. I brought it up bc I wanted you to know your MD's point of view, which looks to be 1-2 yrs. My 2 cents is, really read your doc's website, talk w him, learn his treatment point of view and compare it with info on this site. Mostly here, you will read to stabilize on bup for a couple years before stopping, IF that's in your best interest. If not, work w him till you can find one closer and believes in long-term use IF that's what's best for you. Raudy's post is a great example of the value of long-term treatment. Lots of good info on this site !!!!! My hope is that you also work on your recovery. I am almost 5 yrs off bup and coming to this site is part of my continued recovery. Wishing you my very best, P