It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:01 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:19 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

2nd trip with suboxone -- 1st time in may -- I basically take 30-oxy 60's month --- 170 perc 10 ---110 perc 7.5 --30 Vic HP and 30 Vic 5/500 ---basically that a month -- maybe that's a lot or not but I know when I detox it's baaaaaaddddd --- I cannot take detoxing but I knew this day would come after years of doing these pills --- I built up to this level over the years --- anyway,yesterday at 2pm I took 2 oxy 60's and at 8pm I took one more oxy 60 --- today its 215pm I've taken nothing --- I go to a suboxone doctor tommorow who I don't know -- I don't know if she will give me any suboxone --- also she takes my insurance -- I have another appointment on Saturday morning and I know I'm guaranteed to get suboxone unless I'm not in withdrawals and I know I'll be withdrawing Saturday --- I'm just afraid the doctor won't give me any suboxone --- I too was clean and sibe for 13 years before a knee and back injury and I've been hooked for at least 5 years -- I can't do this any,ore --- the dr tommorow gave me no indication they wouldn't give me suboxone but I gotta make sure I'm a little detoxing

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:22 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Also the suboxone worked well in may but I never tried to get sober --- I've told all the people who I get pills from that I'm done and I'm not calling anymore --- I just want to be sober -- I can't do this --- me and drugs,alcohol don't mix --- my son is 11 months old --- I spend 1100 plus a month on pills -- it's insane

Post subject: Hi
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:27 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hi pdm, straight away congrats for taking that step;)

I was a bit nervous as well, I went to the doc today, paid for first visit, asked a bunch of

questions, got asked a bunch of questions. Told the doc I wanted to start in one week, and to

my surprise I walked out with the 30 day script for 8mg 2x a day, along with detailed directions

on what to do to get started. Doc was great not at all judgemental, or overbearing like some

MMT doc's. Hope your office visit is just as good. All the best to you and your son;)

Our Sponsors
 Post subject: How did it go?
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:33 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I have been watching back and forth to see if you got what you needed or was able to hold out. I have been on MMT for over 2 years now and I can relate to that decision of not wanting to go on like this anymore and I remember the fear that somethings going to go wrong etc....Although nothing did. We as drug addicts have a way of compromising our thinking when fear/emotion gets in the picture. I am so afraid of withdrawals. I know everyone is and I am no different than the other but I feel like I get it real bad. Maybe I have no threshold for it because I am in or at the hospital everyday I am in withdrawals because I am so sick, sick and sick. So my fear is ten times the normal fears of being sick. Even the thought of one day having to deal with it woukld scare the hell out of me and then my mind would screw me and tell me something might happen where the doc won't medicate me etc....So I feel your fear and I hope you survived it though and was able to get to the doc for help. Let us know and we are here for ya. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:45 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

I'm also glad that you're taking this step...To me there is only 3 ways an opiate addict stops using... Death, no money, and/or doesn't want to live the lifestyle anymore...For me it was no money and the lifestyle was just making my depression much much worse. Even thinking back to those days just makes me sick. I'm also on Suboxone and not doing too bad. As of right now I'm on 8/2mg. tablets twice a day and also on Zoloft, Welbutrin, and Vyvanse for depression...I bullshited my pyschiatrist by saying I think I might have some ADD symptoms because with my previous experience with stimulants, they tend to help my depression and help me get motivated to make it through the day, that's why i'm taking the Vyvanse and I've only been on it for about two weeks. I take it once a day as prescribed and it's going ok i guess. But anyway I know how you feel as well as many others do, and we are here for ya. It will get better, it always does. Just stay clean for your son, i started using right after my daughter was born and a year later I knew I had to quit for her...Hang in there and good luck!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:18 am 
JAREDMORGAN wrote:
I'm also glad that you're taking this step...To me there is only 3 ways an opiate addict stops using... Death, no money, and/or doesn't want to live the lifestyle anymore...For me it was no money and the lifestyle was just making my depression much much worse. Even thinking back to those days just makes me sick. I'm also on Suboxone and not doing too bad. As of right now I'm on 8/2mg. tablets twice a day and also on Zoloft, Welbutrin, and Vyvanse for depression...I bullshited my pyschiatrist by saying I think I might have some ADD symptoms because with my previous experience with stimulants, they tend to help my depression and help me get motivated to make it through the day, that's why i'm taking the Vyvanse and I've only been on it for about two weeks. I take it once a day as prescribed and it's going ok i guess. But anyway I know how you feel as well as many others do, and we are here for ya. It will get better, it always does. Just stay clean for your son, i started using right after my daughter was born and a year later I knew I had to quit for her...Hang in there and good luck!

It doesn't matter that you're taking Vyvanse as prescribed, because you "bullshitted" (your own words) your doctor to get it..so it just isn't an "in good faith" prescription.

Why bother to be on Sub if you're gonna use narcotics anyway? Why not just go to the pain clinic and stay on good opies?

It's easy to stay motivated on a daily dose of speed!

Good luck..