It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:35 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:27 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Hello, I am new to this forum and am mainly here to find out everything i can about suboxone, i just had my 3rd back surgery a month and half ago, so as you can tell i am a chronic pain patient who is so ready to get off all these pain meds I have been on for the past 3 years! I had my first back surgery in 2009 i had an L4-5 fusion for a herniated disc and pain down my left leg and buttock, and immediatly after that surgery i have had severe right lower back pain, which by the way was 65 times worse than the pain i started out with the herniated disc! My surgeon did some xrays and ct scan and bone scan and several SI injections, and came to the conclusion that the pain was coming from my Right SI joint, so he fused that, which did not help either, at all! So at htis point a year later he sends me to pain mgt saying there is nothing else surgically he can do for me, so i go to pain mgt and they try every F<>>>ING medicine on me ending with fentanyl 50 mcg, and percocet 10/325 8 a day. Well I am frusterated and still in pain evan with all these meds so i decide to get a second opinion, so i go see a neurosurgeon with my MRI and he says look at this the cage that is supposed to be in between the vetebral space is not in the right place and it is way off to the right pinching several nerves coming out of my spine, and immediatly schedules me for surgery to fix it, I cant beleive the first Dr did that to me, it was so obvious that the cage was misplaced. So anyways to make a very long story shorter I am a month and half out of surgery and i feel so much better, except that i am scared to death to detox and start suboxone, because not only am i now adddicted to all these pills but It has also became a habit so im juust scared, Thanks for listening. Sarahbear

Post subject: It will be a great day
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:04 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

WHOW!!!!
Listening to your story it sounds like mine and my first back surgery was 09, I was scared also. Living as a said 3 weeks ago living without my best friend. WELL today I'm on my way to a better friend and enjoying every minute of it. I was afraid of living in pain that was my worst fear. I feel better now then I have in a long time.
Feeling excited for you because I know what it has done for me and my family!!!!!

WELCOME :wink:

I'm in my 3rd week and I have less pain then I did on all those pain pills. I take 12 mgs a day I'm on 4mg 3 times aday. I started 8 mgs twice a day but found this works better for me so I have already gone DOWN on mgs a day/ That would have not of happened on my pain pills

Happy for you good luck and keep us posted
Mel

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:06 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

sarahbear wrote:
Hello, I am new to this forum and am mainly here to find out everything i can about suboxone, i just had my 3rd back surgery a month and half ago, so as you can tell i am a chronic pain patient who is so ready to get off all these pain meds I have been on for the past 3 years! <snip>

I cant beleive the first Dr did that to me, it was so obvious that the cage was misplaced. So anyways to make a very long story shorter I am a month and half out of surgery and i feel so much better, except that i am scared to death to detox and start suboxone, because not only am i now adddicted to all these pills but It has also became a habit so im juust scared, Thanks for listening. Sarahbear

Hello, Sarahbear, and welcome to this wonderful forum!

I am so sorry to hear what that first Dr. did to your back, by misplacing that cage;
I can just imagine how extremely painful that that must have been.
I also have had one back surgery- for a herniated L5 disk- about 12 years ago;
but I STILL have mild-to-moderate chronic pain from my lower back-
especially when walking. I do believe that the Suboxone DOES help with my pain;
but I am actually on it for addiction- at 4 mg per day.

Anyway, I am glad that you feel better now. However, I CAN understand your fear of detoxing from all of those pills.
But once you get over your initial detox experience, I believe that it will be worth it to get on Subs.
There are some people on here who are on Subs for chronic pain; and I am sure that they will chime in.

Please feel free to ask any questions that you may have- especially regarding Subs;
and please keep us posted.

Good luck,

-ex-

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:48 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

SarahBear-
My heart goes out to you for your back problems, I have a close friend who fell at her job years ago and has had multiple surgeries to correct the damage. She too, had been screwed up by a former physician. I hope that this is the beginning of a new life for you. As far as your fears are concerned, we all have them. Opiates trick our minds into believing the pain is gone when in fact it is simply masked by the drugs. You have developed a physical dependency because of a legitimate pain source and that is nothing to feel bad about-remember that! What would be good for you to do is to determine if your behaviors surrounding the opiates have took a turn towards addiction. Are you using more than prescribed? Are you finding other means of getting opiates before a refill is scheduled? The answers to these questions will give a different turn to how you should handle coming off the medications. Please keep us informed of your progress and I wish you all the best!