It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:04 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Going to rehab!!!!!
PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 11:52 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Hey everyone, I know it's been awhile since i've posted. I have been reading alot but not writing so here it goes....I'm going to a very expensive in treatment rehab, were talking like 14,000 for 30 days. I want to leave with no pills, nothing. Does everyone think that it's safe for me to go from 3 pills a day ( well 2 in the a.m., nothing for the rest of the day for 2 months) so 16mg a day down to nothing in 30 days. I'm afraid that with nothing not even a half pill a day that relapse is immanent after rehab, I know I shouldn't think like that but its what scares me the most because for 2 years I haven't touched a oxy or any other pain pill and it's because of the subutex. So what does everyone think please respond!!!
THANK YOU!
JayJay

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 3:06 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi jsp,

I guess I'm not clear on some things. Are you going to rehab to get off the suboxone or are you just going to rehab and also just happen to be tapering down while you're there? Will you be going from 16 mg to zero or will you be slowly tapering over that month?

Maybe if you could share some more additional information we could give you some personal opinions.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 5:39 pm 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

Hi jsp,

I too have a few questions. Why did you decide to get off the subutex? What exactly is your dose? You said, "3 pills a day ( well 2 in the a.m., nothing for the rest of the day for 2 months) so 16mg a day"....so I am confused....do you take 16mg/day (2 pills) every day or do you sometimes take more (3 pills)?

Have you tried to taper by yourself....even down to a lower dose? If so, what was the response?

Also, do you know anything specific about the rehab facility? How are they planning to get you off the sub (taper schedule, cold-turkey, comfort meds....anything)?

Finally, what kind of support system do you have? Will you do aftercare, NA/AA, counseling, groups, or anything? Do you have a lot of family support? Have you considered sober living (the real kind, not the Dr. Drew method :roll: ) after rehab?

Sorry for all the questions....just trying to figure out the situation....I don't mean to grill you, and if you don't feel comfortable answering them, that's ok too!

Either way.....congratulations on 2 whole years of sobriety....that is truly amazing!! :!:

Subs Not Drugs!!!

"Don't hope for a life without problems. An easy life results in a judgmental and lazy mind."
- Zen Master Kyong Ho

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 6:21 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi JayJay, it's nice to hear from you again.

I would love to give you some advice or encouragement, but I too am somewhat confused by your post. It sounds like you are going to inpatient with the goal of getting off Subutex? You wanted to know if it was "safe"...do you mean physically? Or safe for your recovery?

Please give us a little more info & I'm sure you will get quite a few thoughtful responses.

-Jack Kornfield