It is currently Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:06 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:38 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I'm currently on 16mg of Suboxone film and the side effects and dependency are too much to handle.I have tried to wean down but it hasn't worked.

I want to go to rehab to get off of it. I know they have a Suboxone taper there for people coming off of opiates but not Suboxone specifically.

Do you think it is a good idea to do this? Any advice would prove most useful, thank you.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:01 am 

No one can say for sure how well your rehab experience will go. Have you ever had someone else hold them for you and help you taper before? I'm guessing no. It is up to you on whether to go or not. Coming off of 16 mg's will be a rough ride and we as a forum normally suggest the taper method instead.

You seem determined to go through with this so your mind is already made up. If it were possible to convince you to taper, we would try very hard.

The rehab place will have a recovery plan in place when you get there. Usually, it is a 12 step program. If that doesn't suit you, call around and see what kind of program they have.

I wish you well. Once you come out the other side and start feeling a little better, don't ever forget how hard it was to come off of that large amount of Sub. That memory may keep you from using again. Plus, do exactly what they say if you want to succeed.

rule

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:48 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi Gizmo,

I agree with Rule, the whole rehab for detox from suboxone is kind of scary to me. Coming from 16mg won't be a walk in the park. You will probably feel fine for the first several days, depending on how they treat you it might even last up through the first week. But once they cut you completely off it's going to be tough. I'm sure you know that, and I hope you have prepared yourself for it. I'm not trying to convince you not to go. Just saying I wouldn't personally go that route. If you can handle it, it can definitely work for you.

We have a long time member who went through this. She was on the same dose as you when she entered treatment and she gave a detailed account of her experiences.

Here's the link. Be sure to read it ALL THE WAY THROUGH. Her experiences were up and down, and her views on the way she felt were different at different points before, during, and after treatment.

going-inpatient-detox-off-sub-t8140.html

Good luck! Let us know how it goes for you!

Q

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:10 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thank you for the advice. I wouldn't be resorting to this if I was able to function normally on Suboxone. Each day is different some are good and some are bad. I am currently in the process of taking and studying for my GED tests so that lack of balance is really hurting. I have also became very lazy and most of the time in a zombie like emotionless state.

Rehab is really a last resort for me as I've done this before except it was off 8mg and wasn't on it for half as long as I have been now. So I know it is going to suck the big one. Just wasn't sure if it was going to be next to impossible. Especially since I have social anxiety and they'll be taking me off Klonopin too, which I'm currently weaning myself off of before I go into rehab so its not as bad.

I'll be sure to give a status update when I get out of rehab. Thank you again.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:58 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Ok, keep us posted Gizmo!

I wish you the best of luck.

Q

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:52 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

MaguiGizmo wrote:
I'm currently on 16mg of Suboxone film and the side effects and dependency are too much to handle.I have tried to wean down but it hasn't worked.

I want to go to rehab to get off of it. I know they have a Suboxone taper there for people coming off of opiates but not Suboxone specifically.

Do you think it is a good idea to do this? Any advice would prove most useful, thank you.

If this was an option for me, I would. It increases the chance of succes.

Here's hoping the best for you.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:24 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

deleted

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:58 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Why isn't it an option for you?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:55 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

What do you mean "they'll be taking me off klonopin"? Who is they? I would strongly advise not tapering off klonopin just before going in to detox off Sub. The klonopin will help you with the Sub detox, and after the Sub part is over you will need to taper off of it very slowly. Just make sure you tell them what and how much you are on. The place we talked about will give you benzos, so you don't want to risk taking too much.

BTW I'm not a doctor, just a very experienced drug addict.

Best of luck,
Lilly