It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:26 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 11:10 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hey everyone. I've posted a few times on this site, and the story by "Night" has inspired me to go to RDD clinic for rapid detox. I have been on suboxone for 7 years now and I am so fed up. I have tried tapering multiple times with no luck what so ever. So I am now driving 4 hours up to Michigan to get this procedure done. I don't expect it to be easy, I expect to feel like shit, just not as bad as straight cold-turkey. If anyone else has been to this facility, please post your experience, I would love to hear it. I will be put through a bunch of tests today so they can make sure it is safe for me to go through the procedure. Then on Tuesday I will go through the procedure. I am hoping this is won't be to rough. I am on 12-16mg's daily, down from 24mg/daily. I am also on Xanax, and they are well aware and have told me there is no safe way to rapidly detox from Xanax. I will work on getting off the Xanax once I feel better from the sub detox. I have followed all the preparations as instructed. No food today, just clear liquids, no subs at all, I can take my Xanax though. I will be getting the Naltrexone injection that will last 4 weeks, then switch to the pill version. I took two weeks off of work, I work as a network engineer, so I am hoping I can get back to work on time. Any comments are welcomed. Thanks for listening! Excited and scared as shit all at once.

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 2:43 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I have no commemt to make chaz. Just GOOD LUCK!!! And keep taking the naltrexone (or get someone to make sure you take it) ok I guess I did have a commemt :-)

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 2:50 pm 

Hey Chaz,

I too wish you success in this very scary endeavor. This method may or may not be the best way to detox but if you've tried everything else and failed, go for it. It's too late for us to debate whether the method is a good or bad one. If your mind is made up then that's half the battle. All of us have gone through w/d's many times over the years and know that it's the mental part that is the hardest. So whatever program they tell you to complete, do it. Give it all you've got and then some. We are all rooting for you!

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 10:29 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thank you for the replys. They have been giving me meds every 4 hours which makes me very out of it. It's hard to type this. It was unreal how many people were checking in at the same time as me. I sure hope this works, for $8k I would hope it would. When I am in a right frame of mind I will post about the full experience for those wondering if it works and how it is. I'm coming from 16mg daily, and have been on subs for 7 years. I'm so ready to get my life back.

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 8:17 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hey everyone! So here it goes, my story about getting the rapid detox procedure done. I'll try to explain in as much detail as I can for those out there wondering if it works or not, and what to expect. So, today is Sunday morning, I sleep a full 8 hours last night, and I'm just a bit colder than usual. I went through with the procedure on Tuesday morning. This is day 6 without subs, straight from 16mg's at 7 years usage. My appointment to check in was on Monday, so they could do some EKG tests on my heart, to make sure I was healthy enough to go under general anesthesia, then they took my blood, which I haven't had a needle in my arm in a very very long time! I was giving instructions about 2 weeks before I arrived, explaining all the preparation I had to complete before coming in on Monday. Those were, taking gummy vitamin twice daily, taking a probiotic, using Milk of Magnesia 3 times before I arrive, fasting from Sunday night until Tuesday, and not dosing with my subs anymore as of Sunday night. The hard part with that was the fasting, I love to eat! So, my fiancée and I left Monday morning, as it was a 4 hour drive to Flint, Michigan. When I first arrived I had to fill out and sign a boat load of paper work, then they brought me back to perform the tests I spoke about earlier, they gave me some meds to make me feel comfortable, because I was going through a mental withdraw from not taking the subs. I believe the gave me a Valium, a Clonidine, and a Gabapentin. Once those kicked in I was feeling nice. Tuesday morning I was instructed to be in the lobby of the hotel they placed us at by 9:15am. This is now two days without subs, but they kept giving me stuff to just knock me out, I slept so much! So, 9:15 comes and a shuttle comes and picks myself and 2 others up, one was a methadone user on 120mg's, and the other was an oxy user. The shuttle took us to a completely different building than my intake, which was in my opinion a very nice medical facility. Once we got in to the building the had us change our close into a hospital gown, socks, and of course a diaper! I was the last to go into the back where they began putting in the IV's. Everyone there was extremely nice and professional. Once I was brought back they laid me on a medical bed, and put my IV in and they told me they were giving me something to relax until the procedure, which was basically just a twilight sleep. All I remember was them taking me back to the OR and waking up in the recovery room. Once I woke up, I didn't feel bad at all, just extremely groggy, and wobbly. I was the first to wake up from the general anesthesia. I felt so bad for the methadone user I went in with, he was babbling un-controllably and tossing and turning. So it was about 2:00PM when I was awake and ready to get the hell out of that bed, which they wouldn't let me do. I had to lay in that extremely uncomfortable hospital bed until around 4:45PM, which that was when me and two others were allowed to go back to the hotel to sleep. Finally they let me out of the bed and get dressed back into my own clothes, and no I didn't shit the diaper! xD The shuttle then picked us up and took us back to the hotel. I got back into my room, and was out cold, and barely remembered anything at all. The first two days I slept close to 20 hours a day and was babbling about the dumbest shit my fiancée said. Some pretty funny stuff once she told me what I was saying. Day 3 I was a bit more conscious and up. I was able to walk though the hotel and down to the lobby to smoke a cigarette. Man did that cig smell sooooo nasty, I was able to smell everything sooo potently. At the intake I was giving three options as far as Naltrexone treatment after the procedure, one was a 500mg injection that would last 30 days, a pill to take everyday, or an implant that lasted 2 months. I opted for the injection so I wouldn't have the habit of taking the pill everyday. Thursday morning came and we were ready to take the trip back home. At checkout time, the medic that was giving me my meds for the past days came up with a huge jug of pills. Only three of them were mandatory and the others were as needed for like bloating, diarrhea, etc.. He explained to us that the Naltrexone shot wouldn't take full effect for 7 days so I needed to take the Naltrexone tablets for 7 days. One thing I was misled by was I thought they were going to remove all the suboxone from my body all together, when in fact the procedure just pushes all the Suboxone out of your receptors and fills it with the Naltrexone, meanwhile the subs are still floating around in my brain and body. That is why I experienced a very slight withdraw, maybe 5-10% of an oxy withdraw. So they instructed me to drink large amounts of liquids, 7-8 bottles of water a day to flush the remaining subs out of my body. The treatment was definitely worth it. It wasn't a piece of cake like some think, I do have very slight withdraw, but nothing compared to even a heroin/oxy withdraw. The past two days I managed to walk all the way up the driveway and up the road, which both are huge hills. I'm feeling better everyday, and the doctors told me I should continue to feel better everyday. I just need to keep up with the drinking liquids. I can eat now! And man does music sound great. My fiancée and I were out in my car last night for two hours jamming out on Sirus radio. xD Well, that's all I can think of right now. For those looking into this path, if you have the money go for it! Just make sure you go to a good place. I went to the same place as the previous single success story that is posted on this forum. That thread is what actually made me take the jump, so thank you very much for posting your experience! I went to RDD, their website is at http://www.rapiddrugdetox.com. Please let me know if anyone has any questions.

Chaz.

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 9:04 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I found this video, and this is the new method that I just went through with rapid detox. It has evolved and got better over time!!

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 10:54 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

[quote="chaz]
It wasn't a piece of cake like some think, I do have very slight withdraw, but nothing compared to even a heroin/oxy withdraw.
.[/quote]

I am glad for you that you are happy with your results and choice. I just want to comment that I have also withdrawn from oxy so I know what that feels like, and I'm now near the end of a suboxone taper (.5mg) after about 8 years dependance on suboxone, (@ 12 mg). From what I have experienced so far, and from what I've read on this forum, a taper done correctly gives the same results as your procedure (slight withdrawal) and you can keep functioning pretty normally (plus much cheeper)....just saying....that might be something to think about for anyone considering both methods.

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 6:50 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

rca1004 wrote:
[quote="chaz]
It wasn't a piece of cake like some think, I do have very slight withdraw, but nothing compared to even a heroin/oxy withdraw.
.[/quote]

I am glad for you that you are happy with your results and choice. I just want to comment that I have also withdrawn from oxy so I know what that feels like, and I'm now near the end of a suboxone taper (.5mg) after about 8 years dependance on suboxone, (@ 12 mg). From what I have experienced so far, and from what I've read on this forum, a taper done correctly gives the same results as your procedure (slight withdrawal) and you can keep functioning pretty normally (plus much cheeper)....just saying....that might be something to think about for anyone considering both methods.[/quote]

Hey man, thanks for your response. Congratz on your amazing taper! That really is amazing. See the whole thing with me was that I started abusing it and benzo's, and was up to 24-32mg's taking 4 Xanax bars at a time. I ended up kicking myself in the ass and stopped abusing, but to be able to get back to do a reasonable dose I started taking the subs 3 times daily (what a huge mistake that was!), when I use to only take one 8mg in the morning. So I managed to get myself down from 32mg's down to 12-16mg's and that is where I hit my wall, I just could not taper any lower, no matter how hard I tried. I have a demanding job, and just don't have the time to feel sick and be out of action. So I think your right in a way about just tapering all the way down to nothing, but not all of us can do that, nor have the luxury of doing so. All people are different and respond way differently to this drug. Myself, I believe I made the correct choice. Now, here I sit at day 7 with no opioids in my system, and I'm at 95% back to normal, just having some troubles sleeping. For $8K, to kick a 7 year sub addiction, and jumping from 16mg's, it was a no brainer for me. Again, thanks for your response.

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 7:11 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Hi Chaz, Yes, you are right, we're all different, amd we all have similarities too, I think that is part of the reason this forum is so helpful.
That is GREAT for you that you have no more opiate in your system!! I'm not there yet, and I guess the worst is still to come for me before it starts to get better. I also have a demanding job and lots of responsibility at home, and can't be sick...that is why I have felt "stuck" on the subs for so many years, until one day (after a lot of prayer ) I just started a really really slow taper, and here I am at .5mg.

I have a question for you if you don't mind: how are you feeling mentally? Yesterday was a tough day for me as I started to feel depressed. I am worried I have permanently damaged my endorphin receptors and will not be able to feel joy again (naturally anyway).
You said you left with "a big bottle of pills". Are you taking anti depressants ? Do you feel genuine happiness or at least peaceful some of the time?
Thanks & congrats again on your successful procedure!
Rca

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:02 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

rca1004 wrote:
Hi Chaz, Yes, you are right, we're all different, amd we all have similarities too, I think that is part of the reason this forum is so helpful.
That is GREAT for you that you have no more opiate in your system!! I'm not there yet, and I guess the worst is still to come for me before it starts to get better. I also have a demanding job and lots of responsibility at home, and can't be sick...that is why I have felt "stuck" on the subs for so many years, until one day (after a lot of prayer ) I just started a really really slow taper, and here I am at .5mg.

I have a question for you if you don't mind: how are you feeling mentally? Yesterday was a tough day for me as I started to feel depressed. I am worried I have permanently damaged my endorphin receptors and will not be able to feel joy again (naturally anyway).
You said you left with "a big bottle of pills". Are you taking anti depressants ? Do you feel genuine happiness or at least peaceful some of the time?
Thanks & congrats again on your successful procedure!
Rca

Hey Rca, thanks for your response! You sound just like my best friend, it's wild. He's been on subs just a year or two shorter than I was, and just recently had to get a major surgery. I got him some subutex to try to allow him to feel the pain killers after the procedure. The pain killers they gave him didn't work at all at first!!! He even stopped the subutex 2 days before the procedure. Btw, he was on 24mg's just like 4 weeks ago. Anyway I got him 8 OC 80's so he wasn't in agony, and sick from subs. He made it 9 days with no subs and was so amazingly sick it was crazy. Day 10 he couldn't take it anymore and took 2mg. Now he is fine on 2mg once a day, he use to dose 3 times daily. He's now tapering like you, and feels the way you do. Shit, I felt the same way, mentally drained, secluded, no sexy drive, tons of shit. I feel like it took so much away from my life, robbed me of most of my 20's.

I now sit here two weeks after UROD and I feel such a fog has lifted off of my brain. I'm getting so many emotions back that I totally forgot about. I feel like a completely different person, it's nuts. I went back to work today and worked 12 hours! I feel great right now mentally, but I wonder if that is the Naltrexone. I got an injection while I was there that is supposed to last for 30 days. I did embarrassedly cry in the shower for like 20 minutes straight for no reason at all the other day. I can't tell you the last time I shed a tear, 10+ years. Trust me, yes the endorphins are fucked for a while, especially if you have been on subs for years. They will rebuild, and it will take some time. PAW's is your brain healing itself. You have to plan on getting PAWs, or else it will catch you off guard bad I've heard. I haven't experienced anything PAWs related as of yet, but I'm betting it will come, but I'll be ready, and know it will go away. (Depression, tiredness, shitty sleep) Mental stuff, not physical. The majority of the pills the sent me home with, 10 bottles, were mainly different types of blood pressure medication, stuff for having diarrhea, which never happened, stuff for having restless legs, etc... The only addictive meds they gave me were 15 trazadone and 15 Valium, no refills. I've taken the trazadone probably 3-4 times and that's it. That's the hardest thing for me right now, sleep... I don't take any anti-depressants, I just smoke bud a few nights out of the week. I feel extreme happiness, and so much more strive to succeed. I use to take anti-depressants while I was on subs, about 2 years in, because I was so depressed, and I wasn't even tapering! Eventually it went away, and I got myself off of them. I would recommend rapid detox to anyone! Tapering is a bitch, I hit my wall at 12-16mg's. I do wish you the best of luck with the taper, as my buddy is going through the same thing. Just look forward to getting off them, IT WILL change your life. Good luck, and let me know if you have more questions.