It is currently Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:11 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:19 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Have to go to prison for 5 years next tuesday and have been on suboxone the past two years. I was on 14mg per day, for the past year ive been tappering down tho. I have extreme anxiety with suboxone tapper. I am currently at 1.5mg every 36 hrs. My question is how bad do you think my withdrawals will be, and does it help at all to put more then 24hrs in between doses when your tapering? I have been puttting almost 36hrs in between doses and wonder if i am really making any progress. I feel my body is very sensative to subs because I can feel the sub w/d after 24 hrs and they really suck by 36 hrs. Upset stomach, diahrrea, terrible anxiety , thats the worst symptom of all, and of course it doesnt help that I know next week i will be at the worst prison in america, levanworth kansas federal prison. And i kno they will not give me anything there for withdrawal at all. They are very strict. I will be expected to work a 6hr job a day also once i get there. I am worried i wont be able to do it...I am worried i am just going to crack under the pressure and go mentally ill. Im not worried about doing the 5 years, I am worried about coming off subs while in that terrible enviroment.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:51 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey j.b.,

Welcome to the forum!!

I'm sorry you're in such a predicament, but I honestly don't think your wd will be that bad. Suboxone wd usually isn't nearly as intense as heroin or pain pill wd and you're already down to a fairly low dose.

From what I've seen here, a lot of people who jump off 1.5mg or so usually experience 4 to 5 days of "acute" wd, but it's not a knock down, kick your ass kinda wd. After the initial 4 to 5 days, a lot of people feel less than spectacular for another few weeks maybe. It's really all pretty individual. I'm just giving you some general guidelines here.

Do you think you can lower your dose to 1mg or .75mg by the time next week hits?

BTW, going 36 hours between doses is good.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 1:50 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I'll echo what Romeo said. Just wanted to send support your way, and I hope you get through this ok. An old friend of mine got sentenced to federal prison for 5 years. He's an addict too and ended up finding Heroin inside. He then found someone who had Suboxone and got on Suboxone, while in prison. He was caught with Suboxone and ultimately his sentence was doubled. He got 4 1/2 more years on top of his original 5 years. His parents went all the way to the Supreme Court to fight the ruling and the judge upheld it. I believe this was a rare incident though, and they probably used him to make a point, but I'm just cautioning you to be careful if you run into stuff while inside. Try to make the most of your time and get out quickly.

All the best.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:44 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

tinydancer wrote:
I'll echo what Romeo said. Just wanted to send support your way, and I hope you get through this ok. An old friend of mine got sentenced to federal prison for 5 years. He's an addict too and ended up finding Heroin inside. He then found someone who had Suboxone and got on Suboxone, while in prison. He was caught with Suboxone and ultimately his sentence was doubled. He got 4 1/2 more years on top of his original 5 years. His parents went all the way to the Supreme Court to fight the ruling and the judge upheld it. I believe this was a rare incident though, and they probably used him to make a point, but I'm just cautioning you to be careful if you run into stuff while inside. Try to make the most of your time and get out quickly.

All the best.

I did time locally (county lock-up...oh my God)...I remember still hearing them say on their radio while in-car they were "in route to TCJ" that night I got arrested...

Luckily, it was non-drug related, and while in lock-up (bad checks)...I got put on as a trustee...
I knew no one and had no idea I would be selected after only 3 days in the dome (regular jail)...but, lucky me, I got put out in the trustee trailer and was kinda "free" to do what I wanted, like smoking, etc...and I could have amenities that inmates couldn't have, like books and such...

Believe it or not, I got cleaned up. I spent 23 days in jail, and didn't take one single pill. There was this old man in there, I remember him well...he was my influence. I explained to him, privately, what I was going through, because I respected him greatly. He was nearly 70..on oxygen (still smoked!!!), and had NEVER even got a speeding ticket..in his life. He got caught dealing weed and pills (the very same pills I was hooked on)...
But thanks to him, every day he would tell me to be strong, and that I would be OK...and I was. If I had been in there longer than I was, I think I would've had a chance to stay clean for good when I came out...but the cards weren't in my favor. I remember one of the last convos I had with "Paw paw" before I got cut loose from jail...he told me to forget about the pills when I came home...and focus on my family. Be the father and man that I needed to be...which I was, for about 2 days.
I remember that first night after I got out..my wife and I were still together, and it had been 25 days since I was with my wife...I pitched a good drunk (and I mean tequila and beer until I passed out).
The very next morning, with that hangover looming...I knew I still had my stash from before I got arrested and hadn't flushed them (as "Paw paw" had suggested that I do when I got home)...I held onto those stupid pills for some reason...
But when I got up and the headache was pounding away, I decided, in my intelligence, that I would just take one or two lortabs to make the hangover stop..and that would be it...no more.
I had been clean for that long...it would be stupid to go back...
But common sense goes out the window when you have this addiction.
After 24 days of being clean...I went right back, just as hard, if not harder than before I was locked up. And I really went off the deep end then...which led me down the Oxycontin road.
Looking back, I wish someone would've kicked my ass, or that I would've got scared into staying clean by the law...I never had a chance once I started with Oxy...that was it.

RIP little brother. Gone, but not forgotten.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:08 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

U will be okay hun my daughters Father is at a federal prisons. No drug problem but ur on such a low dose. Try to go down as Far as u can. U may have a fee days or may take a week but the lower u can taper the less withdrawal u will go thru good luck n kept ur head up. Stay away from the opiates in there. Kpins may help and they may give u something like that for withdrawal if ur honest with them!