It is currently Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:35 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:43 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

I'm a former roxy addict who has been on subs for 3 weeks now. I am so grateful for finding my treatment center, they saved my life. I would never have stopped without this treatment program.

My question is: I am going out of town next week, to a campsite far away from any pharmacies lol. Do you think my doc will see me for my checkup and write my next script a week early? I am afraid to ask in case she thinks i'm abusing the meds....what do you all think? I definitely dont want to run out while i'm out in the middle of nowhere tho!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:56 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I've had to switch my office visit date a few times before and it was never an issue. Usually I would try to bring along some kind of proof as to why I wanted to switch my office visit date. For example, a hotel reservation print out, a rental car reservation print out. You'll probably want to go ahead and bring your meds in so she can count them too, that alone should be enough if I'm reading your question correctly.

Back to some kind of proof, you might have to get creative to come up with some kind of proof of the camping trip....I can't think of anything off the top of my head to help you on that one. Hmmm......yep, all that's coming to mind is stupid stuff like show her you got some fishing poles? Surely you can do better than me!! :lol:

Congratulations for being on Suboxone for 3 weeks, don't ya feel great?!?!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:34 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi noel. I see you're new here so WELCOME! Congrats on starting sub and getting control of your life. Doesn't it feel great to be off the crazy merry-go-round of active addiction?

I think Romeo gave you excellent advice. Definitely call your doctor and ask for the appointment. Tell them why and that you will bring your pills in for a pill count. Maybe bring a map of the campground? Did you have to make reservations there? I don't have any other ideas to provide back-up that your trip is authentic, but hopefully something to that effect will be sufficient.

I hope it all works out for you. Do let us know. And have a great vacation!

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:13 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

When I was in this situation it was the pharmacy who gave me the problem. You will probably have to have the Dr.s office call the pharmacy to OK it. Have a good trip!
Lilli

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:40 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Lilly brings up a really good point that I failed to consider. Do you pay cash for your pills or does insurance cover them? If insurance covers them, they won't pay for them before the 30 days are up - at least they won't for any of my scripts. If you pay cash, then again, Lilly is probably right, have your doctor call the pharmacy to approve the early script. Hope you can get it all worked out. :)

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:26 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Thanks guys! No I do not have health insurance, I get the generics to save a little bit of $$.

It feels GREAT to not be a slave to those little blue bastards anymore! Not to mention all the time I spent worrying about where I was going to get the money and when I could get the next batch.