It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:40 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:26 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I've been contemplating getting on suboxone for a very long time. I went into treatment last summer only to cone out realizing something very scary. That I was miserable. Even after the shakes and vomiting stopped. I couldn't function and so deeply depressed. I would lay and cry to my husband that this was not living! I relapsed of course because life must go on with three kids and a job so I had to feel better.So I've been on 5-6 hydrocodone 10mg a day. I kinda feel like a lightweight reading some of these stories. I hope I'm making the right chives getting on suboxone. I just want my brain to heal and not get worse. I don't want to do illegal things and immoral things to get my pills. So over it. Thanks for listening =]]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:40 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Hello Crystal and welcome to the forums

If you don't mind me asking, how long did you make it outside of treatment before relapsing?

I won't suggest you don't do suboxone, but I will suggest you be very careful on how much they prescribe you. At that level of addiction 1-2mg of suboxone a day would be enough to make you feel - Normal -.

Doctors are of the habit of prescribing 8-16 sometimes even more. For the addiction you have that's excessive.

Please let me know a little more about your previous experience and i'll enlighten you on mine and compare.

-WTBF

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:47 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I just like to reccomend that you take whatever dose works the best. This early into it... don't worry so much about what this dose or that dose will do. You just need to be stable and craving free for awhile. And. That is a very individual thing. So no matter if it's 2 or 16mg that works best.... don't feel at all bad about it. Whatever works best for you. Also. Don't force yourself to struggle along on a really low dose just because people make you feel bad for taking more than they persoanlly think is okay. You deserve to be comfortable and as normal as possible.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:49 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I would say about 4mg a day would be best. Make sure that they dont over dose you, not meaning overdose but just give you too high of a dose a day so they make a bunch of money. (Not sure if they do but anyways)
I was on it for 18 months, was no where near ready to come off and had to because I couldnt afford it one month. That one month was misery. For two solid weeks I was in agony, because I didnt taper properly. Anyways, when I went back in for Sub treatment, they put me on 16mg but that was WAY too much. I am on 8mg a day and that is fine for me. Somedays I might use 2mg at night, sometimes the evenings are hard for me.
I was on anywhere from 15-16 pills a day ranging from 7.5mg to 10mg Lortabs or if I had them, 30mg Roxi's. If I had Roxicet, I was taking about four of those a day back to back and mixing them with Benzo's. I am a lightweight compared to some as well. Its amazing how I felt all the time and when I hear about others who took double what I did, I cant imagine what they went through. Any way you slice it, its all addictin. It doesnt matter honestly how much you took, its what you do to get those dosage every day.
I heard on a Intervention show the other day, a guy said well if I take one Lortab I am on the ground now how is someone able to take that much in a days time? The way that I look at it even if you are taking Ultrams on a daily basis, if you are going about getting them in illegal ways or just bad ways whatever, that is when the addiction kicks in.
I hope that this time is a clear period for you, I know the first week that I was on Suboxone life was amazing. It still is, dont get me wrong. But that first week is just amazing I think.
Hope all goes well, just make sure to keep that dose low, the lower the better. Its easier to come off later down the road and makes the cost a little bit cheaper.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:13 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

First of all thank you so much for replying to me. You make me feel a million times better. I really appreciate it. I've been a pain pill Popper for at lest 5 years but addicted for 2. I had my daughter and had carpal tunnel surgery a couple months after. I had developed complications and kept getting script after script. The rest is history. I relapsed about three weeks after treatment. I couldn't handle not Sven being able to lift my arm without great difficulty. I was forcing exercise and taking vitamins. I had never been so depressed in my life. I knew what had happened to me. I had developed PAWS. I keep a job and am a great parent but if i don't have pills, I can't get out of bed. I'm embarrassed and feel a mountain of guilt. I just pray so hard that suboxone helps heal my brain. Its so expensive I would be devastated of it didn't work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:36 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I am also curious to know something. Do you just take the one dose in the morning or split them up? I'm just kind if concussion. I'm starting it Wed but am going to talk to them about program Fri.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:10 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

At 50-60mgs of hydro, please start off on a lower dose and take more if you really need to. Taking too much soboxone is not fun and could potentially turn you off sub all together if you feel really crappy in the beginning.

I would think you would only need to dose in the morning. The half life is strong and whatever the docs prescribe you, chances are, will probably be stronger that your DOC.

Keep us posted!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:12 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Here is a thread from a member who recently induced and was near to your habit before starting sub.

http://suboxforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=8126

(this member only took 8mgs rather than the 16 prescribed and it was too much. everyone is different but just remember, you can always add on to your dose, so it's better safe than sick)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:07 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Crystal, congrats on taking a step out of active addiction!

I agree you should start with a lower dose. You may need anywhere from 1 to 4 mg? And I am guessing.....I am no doctor. You will feel crappy if you take too much so start slow. Its easier to add some sub than to take it away!

I do want to say that sub does not really "heal" your brain. It is an opiate although a bit different from Vicodin. It is a partial agonist and will fill the receptors in the brain that are screaming for opiates. Many doxtors recommend taking sub AND working on recovery. It is a good time to learn some coping skills, work on your thinking, and change your addict behaviors.
Then when your ready, doing a long slow taper is possible. Or some will choose to stay on. Its a personal decision!

Good luck and let us know how it goes!