It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:18 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:25 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

i have been bring up my car accident for some time now, and my sub doc still won't send the paper work to my lawyer like
he promised that he would take care of . well now that my lawyer won't get the needed info " i will loose my case.
i don't want to push my sub doc any more in fear of loosing my suboxone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:20 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Have you tried having your lawyer contact your Suboxone doctor directly?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:29 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

^^^ My thought exactly. Even lawyers can ask in a very nice way. :lol: A "pretty please," with very polite concerns expressed that the failure to deliver the paperwork could cost the client boatloads of money, all on a legal letterhead, could do wonders! :wink:

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:36 am 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

johnboy wrote:
i have been bring up my car accident for some time now, and my sub doc still won't send the paper work to my lawyer like
he promised that he would take care of . well now that my lawyer won't get the needed info " i will loose my case.
i don't want to push my sub doc any more in fear of loosing my suboxone.

Dear Johnboy,

I wish you the best of luck with your law suit settlement. I h ope you will get your attorney to call your doctor as the others suggested. That just might work for you. I hope this all works out in your favor.

Sincerely,
Slipper

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:48 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Your Lawyer needs to get on the Doctor, they cannot refuse to send information over.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:15 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

legaly' my lawyer can not call my doc. thanks though. i left my sub doc an other nice message and hope he moves.
he made me sine some paper work last week with no problem. i still have 9 months left on the statue list. but it just go's
to show how sub patients get treated. thankyou again for the info- as long as i stay strong i wil fight this to the end.
act'. my case could be closer to 30. but i'll shut up :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:59 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Yo man there are many other sub Dr out there dont lose all that money bc of a drug. You Dr promised you something if he doesnt follow through than u have a right to keep pushing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:07 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

johnboy wrote:
legaly' my lawyer can not call my doc. thanks though. i left my sub doc an other nice message and hope he moves.
he made me sine some paper work last week with no problem. i still have 9 months left on the statue list. but it just go's
to show how sub patients get treated. thankyou again for the info- as long as i stay strong i wil fight this to the end.

I will ask my father about this tonight, he is a lawyer and deals with insurance/med mal/disability/SS etc

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:01 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

johnboy wrote:
he made me sine some paper work last week with no problem. i still have 9 months left on the statue list. but it just go's to show how sub patients get treated. thankyou again for the info- as long as i stay strong i wil fight this to the end.

johnboy, I spoke with a few lawyer friends about your problem. Don’t know your situation and don’t intend to pry, but if you are getting the “my lawyer can’t contact my doctor” info from anyone other than your lawyer, you’re getting this information from the wrong source(s). If your lawyer told you he/she can’t contact your doc, then make sure he/she explains to you exactly why that is – don’t accept anything less.

Doctors and lawyers can easily confuse us by using fancy words, “terms of art” and stuff. But you are paying them for advice, not the other way around. Demand nothing less than clarity and adequacy in the advice they give you. If they explain something and you don’t understand, ask them again, and keep asking them until you do understand completely. That’s your right as a client. Accept nothing less, my friend!

Here’s what I’ve been told: until typical circumstances, there is no legal reason why your lawyer can’t contact your doc. Now, in theory there are situations where your lawyer could not legally or ethically contact your doctor, for example if your doc was a client of your lawyer. But if that’s the case, your lawyer should have told you that immediately upon learning the name of your doctor, and really, shouldn’t be representing you because that’s a clear conflict of interest.

Bottom line: unless something unusual is going on, there should be no legal or ethical reason why your lawyer can’t contact your doctor. The one thing my lawyer friends did say is that if your health is in question in a lawsuit, the opposition is going to try to dig up whatever “dirt” they can on you. If the people you’re suing learn about your sub use, they may try to “shame” you into a favorable settlement for them by dropping hints that your addiction will become public knowledge, your family will find out, etc. But talk to your lawyer. There are ways to keep sensitive personal information secret in a court case, by filing certain court docs “under seal” – in other words, although all documents in a court case are usually public records, some can be kept secret (cases involving children is a good example).

Good luck with your case, johnboy. Whatever you do, make sure to ask plenty of questions if you don’t understand something and feel it’s important to you to understand. If it’s important to you, do not accept a “that’s just the way it is” answer.

SI

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:41 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Move to Australia Johnboy :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:15 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

ah thank you all very much'. if i win the case i'll take every one out for a steak dinner :lol: finally my aterny is sending paper work to my sub doc. my sub doc put me on blood pre- and sleep meds do to the car accident. i love australia!! thanks again-
tear/sometimeidio thank you for talking with others/ stephent'. i'll keep pushing/slipper'. my faver i hope/ and romeo'. thanks me getting them to contact was the hardest part. and i will let every one know the out come.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 3:09 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

My sub doc sent the needed medical report to my lawyer. thanks alot every one

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:47 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

dam it'. i talked to my doc today about why the paper work is not sent yet. i'm sorta being nice and begging him to get it done.
he just said like last time,to call him and remind him, but his mail phone is all ways full :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:13 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Every dr and lawyers have what's called a hippa form. You sign it and it allows them access to your medical records. I'm going thru disability at the moment and every dr apps see I sign a hippa form for him.

You need together your lawyer to send a threatening letter or a firm call. If you loose cause of the dr, I bet you can sue the dr for not complying and getting damages from him.
Good luck!

Btw, I love filet mignon!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:34 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Pretty sure if you give consent for your doctor to release information about you too your lawyer you're golden right?

wouldn't that be the only hang up?

Good luck buddy, hope it works out for the best.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:03 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I know that Im new and not alot of people know me real well, but you will learn. If it was me and there was 15k on the line, my doctor would be so sick of me asking him why those papers arent turned in he would do it to shut me up. Also cant you just get the paperwork from him and give it to your lawyer yourself?
My mother when she was doing her disability running, she would go and pick up the paperwork and get it to her lawyer. That is alot of money on the line for a doctor to him haul around. I hope that you get this taken care of and get your money. There are so many Sub doctors around as well if something was to happen, but how could he let you go because you are needing paperwork that is actually yours to begin with? I seen my husbands mother go in and demand her medical files, they told her that she couldnt have them until they had a chance to ask the doctor. She said with a bunch of bad words thrown in, if you dont give me those papers Im coming across this counter and flogging you. She would have done it and they knew it. It didnt take much longer for her copies to be in her possession. She was having trouble with Lipitor being prescribed to her even though they knew she had a fatty liver,and Lipitor causes or can cause Cirrhosis.
But yeah you need to and not being mean here but just grow a pair and tell him, look if you dont get these papers over to my lawyer, then you aint gonna be getting no more money. Make him realize like with alot of people money is important to us small folks lol. Dont ya just love how doctors take their slow peaceful time when it comes to something like this? If it was for them, it would be done the day that it came up.